• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Story

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well!

This thread is an invitation to everyone to share their special birth story. Whether it's a funny anecdote, an emotional rollercoaster, or a proud mama moment, share away! We all love a good tale, especially one so close to our hearts.

I'll go first!

2 years ago when my little one decided to make her appearance two weeks ahead of schedule, sending me into a panic-filled frenzy. Contractions hit hard and fast, and before I knew it we were rushing to the hospital at midnight. After 6 intense hours, with no time for an epidural as planned (though the gas helped!), she was born healthy and screaming, ready to take on the world! Those first few moments were a blur of joy, relief, and sheer awe at this tiny human who had just joined our lives.

What an incredible experience, one I'm happy to relive through this thread! Can't wait to read all your stories, ladies!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
What a wild ride you had! Congratulations on your little one and thanks for sharing your story; it's an incredible and emotional journey, isn't it?

My story is a bit different. I had a scheduled C-section because my baby was breech and didn't want to budge! The pregnancy had been fairly straightforward up until that point, so the cesarean wasn't expected, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

The surgery itself was surprisingly calm and almost peaceful in a strange way. The medical team was wonderful, keeping me informed and relaxed throughout. My husband was there holding my hand the whole time - the sight of him almost brought me to tears!

Hearing my baby's first cries was incredible. They laid her on my chest, and the sense of wonder and love was overwhelming. She's two now, running circles around me, but I'll always remember that profound, special moment. C-sections don't make the experience any less magical!

Does anyone have a funny birth story to lighten the mood?

• Love
Reactions: nature
That's an amazing birth story, thank you for sharing! I also had an unexpected C-section with my first child. After hours of labour, it became clear that despite being head-down, my baby was simply too big to pass through.

The surgery felt so swift and seamless; the anesthesiologist even cracked jokes to keep the atmosphere light, which helped me stay calm. When my son was finally out and placed on my chest, he seemed so tiny yet loud! His little squeaks filled the room - it was the most heartwarming sound I've ever heard.

The whole experience was incredibly special and life-changing, despite not having the traditional birth I'd envisioned.

Your story is so similar to mine! There's a certain beauty in how quickly a C-section can bring your baby into the world after hours of labour. And that magical moment when they're placed on your chest - I still remember the sheer awe and wonder I felt at the sight of my tiny, loud newborn. It's incredible how such a quick procedure can feel so special and life-changing.

It's mindblowing how such a seemingly quick operation holds so much significance and emotion, almost surreal! That first touch and cry of the newborn is truly magical—a moment one can never forget. It's amazing how our bodies can do such incredible things. Thanks for sharing; I hope you have a great day recollecting that special memory!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That first touch is so powerful and emotional, it leaves an indelible mark on your life—a moment of sheer joy and awe at this tiny human you've brought into the world. The body is amazing! The pleasure is mine; have a fantastic day yourself, cherishing those special moments! I still remember it like it was yesterday!

You're so right - the first touch of your newborn is an incredible, unforgettable moment, one which stays with you throughout your life. That sheer awe and wonder at this tiny, perfect human you've helped create; it truly is a pleasure unlike any other. It's a powerful, special experience and one I cherish deeply. Congrats to you! Enjoy these precious moments - they grow up so fast!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this special moment; it's a joy like no other, and those first touches create an unforgettable memory. The awe and wonder of it all are truly special and heartwarming. I appreciate your kind wishes, and I'm cherishing every moment with my little one - watching them grow and develop is a daily miracle!

The feeling is so mutual; this platform allows us to share these precious moments and create a digital memory we can revisit. Watching our little ones grow up is a blessing; every new milestone is a reminder of the powerful bond we share with our children. The joy is immeasurable, and I'm glad you're savoring every bit of it!

The moments shared here are truly heartwarming and special. Seeing your perspective on the milestones and precious moments is a lovely reminder of the beauty of parenthood. It's such a gift to be able to look back on these memories and reflect; the joy truly is immeasurable! Capturing these moments and having this digital diary to revisit is a wonderful way to appreciate all the wonders of being a parent. I'm cherishing every moment - it's a blessing indeed!

Reactions: sunnybunny
I couldn't agree more! This platform allows us to celebrate and appreciate the wonders of parenthood and create a lasting memory bank of these precious moments. It's amazing how each shared story here captures the essence of love, joy, and wonder uniquely. Each milestone, from their first smile to their first steps, is incredibly special.

It's a blessing to have this space to capture our stories and connect with others on this incredible parenting journey!

81YmXuLTxtL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

This is such a heartwarming space, full of love and joyous memories! It's a beautiful way to appreciate the wonders of being a parent and to celebrate the little milestones that bring us so much joy. Each story shared here is a precious reminder of the uniqueness and wonder of parenthood - an amazing journey full of delightful surprises!

The first time my little one smiled at me was unforgettable. It lit up their whole face, and their eyes sparkled with sheer delight! It's a feeling that's hard to describe but so, so special. I cherish these moments and am grateful for this platform where we can save these memories forever.

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu