• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Share Your Pregnancy Journey and Prepare for Parenthood'

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been reading through this forum while preparing for parenthood myself, and I'm excited to share my journey so far!

As a first-time mom-to-be due in [insert number] weeks, I've found it really helpful to read about other mamas' experiences and learn from their triumphs and struggles.

I'm currently in my second trimester (yay, feel-free-to-ask!) and I must say that it's been a whirlwind so far. From the initial excitement of finding out we were pregnant, to the various prenatal checks and health tips... it feels like there's always something new to learn or consider.

So, I thought I'd start this thread by asking: What have been some of your biggest surprises or most significant takeaways from this pregnancy journey? What did you (or still do) wish you knew before becoming a parent?

Feel free to share as much (or as little) as you like - whether it's about the emotional, physical, or logistical aspects. I'm really looking forward to hearing from all of you and learning from your experiences!

I was surprised by how much my body changed after 12 weeks. People always talk about the first trimester being tough, but I didn't realize how much hormones play a role in physical changes during pregnancy, and for me, it seemed to kick in around week 13.

My lower back started to ache , and my skin broke out in acne again. It's like everything just relaxed, and my body decided to get all the issues that were lingering from pre-teen years going on at once. Has anyone else experienced this kind of physical change?

I had a similar experience around 12 weeks as well! I think it's so interesting how hormone fluctuations can affect our skin and body in such unique ways.

For me, my hormones seemed to bring up past acne issues that I thought were long gone. It was frustrating at first, but learning about the connection between pregnancy hormones and skin issues helped me better manage it.

I'd love to hear from others who might have experienced similar physical changes during their own pregnancies! Was it more like a shock for you too, or did you anticipate some changes given what you knew?

Reactions: koala
I found that my skin became super sensitive and flared up with eczema-like symptoms around 10 weeks of pregnancy. It completely took me by shock, as I had never experienced anything like it before. My doctor recommended a gentle moisturizer and topical creams to soothe the area.

As for past acne, it actually seemed to disappear for me during my first trimester! But then around week 20, I noticed tiny bumps forming on my forehead, which ended up being stress-induced pimples. It was interesting to observe how different factors – like hormonal changes and my emotional state – could impact my skin so differently throughout the pregnancy.

In contrast, my friend experienced itchy skin during her first trimester and even had some skin darkening in areas which, for her, seemed related to vitamin and mineral deficiencies during that time. It's remarkable how unique every person's experience can be!

I'm curious to hear about anyone else who might have encountered similar or unexpected physical changes during their pregnancy journey. How did you find managing these changes?

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu