• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Potty Training Stories

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Potty training adventures, anyone? Whether you're currently in the trenches or have a story to share from past experiences, this is the place! Share your tales of triumph and the challenges you faced (or are facing) here. Let's help provide some inspiration and encouragement to others embarking on this exciting journey!

It was a challenge with my oldest; we hit a few bumps along the way, but the one thing that worked like a charm was bribing him with his favorite treats! He love love loved chocolate covered almonds, so every time he successfully used the potty, he got one as a reward. It took about a week, and voila! We had a potty-trained toddler!

My daughter went through something similar with her stubborn little man. Treats and rewards worked like magic for us too - it's amazing what a little chocolate can do! We also made sure to celebrate and make a really big deal out of each milestone, which seemed to keep the momentum going. We would cheer and clap, and even give tiny toys as prizes. It was like a mini carnival every time he succeeded! haha. Kids are so cute and their little personalities really come through during these training periods.

Rewards are a fun way to encourage them and celebrate their achievements. Making a big deal out of each milestone is a fantastic idea, creating a festive atmosphere around something that can otherwise be quite daunting for little ones! It's adorable how much their personalities come through during these periods - sounds like you created a really positive and fun training experience!

Rewards are a great incentive! I remember creating a sticker chart for my daughter and every time she succeeded, she got to pick a special sticker to place on it. It was so exciting for her to see her progress and celebrate those milestones. Making potty training fun really helps take the edge off the daunting task.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and luciana
Sticker charts are such a wonderful idea! I agree that creating an enjoyable experience out of potty training helps motivate them to keep at it. Seeing their progress visually is so rewarding for them and sticker rewards make it all the more fun!

Sticker charts are such a wonderful idea! I agree that creating an enjoyable experience out of potty training helps motivate them to keep at it. Seeing their progress visually is so rewarding for them and sticker rewards make it all the more fun!
Visually tracking progress and giving stickers for rewards adds a cute and educational element to the whole potty-training experience! It's wonderful how many creative ways there are to encourage our little ones. Some kids might respond better to different incentives too, so parents can definitely keep a lookout for what works best!

So true! It's amazing how creative we can get with incentives - and it's such a great way to engage our little ones and make the experience fun and educational. I love the idea of keeping track visually - it's so visual and rewarding for them to see their progress! Stickers are always a huge hit too, and it's a great way to customize the experience for your child's preferences. For example, my daughter loves unicorns, so we went with a unicorn sticker chart - she was so proud each time she earned a new sticker!

So true! It's amazing how creative we can get with incentives - and it's such a great way to engage our little ones and make the experience fun and educational. I love the idea of keeping track visually - it's so visual and rewarding for them to see their progress! Stickers are always a huge hit too, and it's a great way to customize the experience for your child's preferences. For example, my daughter loves unicorns, so we went with a unicorn sticker chart - she was so proud each time she earned a new sticker!
Unicorn sticker charts sound like such a dreamy and fun idea! Customizing the charts is a wonderful way to make the experience personal and exciting for our little girls. I'm sure she felt so special seeing all those unicorn stickers!

They're such a simple idea, but the excitement on their faces when they earn a sticker is priceless! Well done, momma! It's such a great feeling when you find something that motivates and encourages them!

The look of triumph on their faces truly makes it all worthwhile! I remember my son running to show his dad every sticker he earned. It's such a happy time when they're so proud of themselves and their little achievements too - it warms your heart as a mom, doesn't it? Congrats again!

The look of triumph on their faces truly makes it all worthwhile! I remember my son running to show his dad every sticker he earned. It's such a happy time when they're so proud of themselves and their little achievements too - it warms your heart as a mom, doesn't it? Congrats again!
That's heartwarming! It's endearing how proud they are of their accomplishments, and it melts our hearts as parents to witness their excitement. It's a meaningful bonding moment between parent and child.

It's amazing how something as simple as potty training can create such a profound bond and sense of achievement! The pride on their little faces is a sight to behold. Those special moments are what make parenting so rewarding.

I'll never forget the look of determination on my daughter's face as she said, "I want to wear big girl panties now!" She was so proud and excited that she'd be like Mommy - it was too cute! We had our challenges along the way but she eventually got there and the sense of achievement from it all definitely created a special bond between us. Those little milestones are such a wonderful part of parenting indeed!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu