• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This thread is dedicated to exploring various self-care strategies that help us maintain our emotional and mental well-being.

Share your go-to self-care practices, small or big, and let's exchange ideas on how we can care for ourselves holistically!

I'll begin with a few ideas on some simple yet impactful strategies to get the ball rolling:

- Take a few minutes each day to practice deep breathing exercises. Focus on your breath and really immerse yourself in the present moment.

- Dedicate some time to decluttering your space. A clean physical environment can do wonders for a clear mind. Start with that pile of clothes on the chair or your messy desk!

- Indulge in a hobby you love, whatever brings you joy - painting, gardening, dancing, cooking, anything that helps you express yourself creatively and makes you feel good.

- Set boundaries. Say no when you need to. Protect your time and energy, it's an important form of self-care.

What are some of your favorite self-care strategies that help you recharge and refocus?

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Hi everyone,

This thread is dedicated to exploring various self-care strategies that help us maintain our emotional and mental well-being.

Share your go-to self-care practices, small or big, and let's exchange ideas on how we can care for ourselves holistically!

I'll begin with a few ideas on some simple yet impactful strategies to get the ball rolling:

- Take a few minutes each day to practice deep breathing exercises. Focus on your breath and really immerse yourself in the present moment.

- Dedicate some time to decluttering your space. A clean physical environment can do wonders for a clear mind. Start with that pile of clothes on the chair or your messy desk!

- Indulge in a hobby you love, whatever brings you joy - painting, gardening, dancing, cooking, anything that helps you express yourself creatively and makes you feel good.

- Set boundaries. Say no when you need to. Protect your time and energy, it's an important form of self-care.

What are some of your favorite self-care strategies that help you recharge and refocus?
A quick but impactful strategy I use is to take a hot shower and genuinely appreciate the sense of touch and feeling of cleanliness it brings - it's a simple way to reset and feel rejuvenated, especially on tired and busy days.

I also find joy in treating myself to my favourite comfort foods sometimes. It's a nice reward and an act of self-kindness, especially after a particularly demanding week.

These are awesome! Simple yet impactful acts of self-care make such a difference in our overall wellbeing. I love the idea of enjoying comfort foods as a reward - it's an indulgent and delicious way to show yourself some love.

Showers are underrated; standing there feeling refreshed and clean is such a great sensory experience, especially with some aromatherapy-like shower gels!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
Absolutely! Sometimes we overcomplicate self-care when really it's the simplest acts that can bring us the most joy. Indulging in your favourite comfort foods is a wonderful way to boost your mood, and I agree that a refreshing shower with some sensory treats like aromatherapy can feel like a wonderful spa experience. We often overlook how powerful these little acts of self-care can be!

Little acts of self-care are sometimes all we need! I love how you highlight the power of simple pleasures like comfort foods and sensory experiences in the shower - it's a great reminder to appreciate the small joys that bring us joy. Sometimes, keeping things simple is the best strategy for effective self-care.

Simple can be effective and often underrated! It's amazing how something as mundane as a shower can become a sensory experience when we pay attention to the simple joy it brings. Same goes for comfort foods - there's a reason they're called comfort foods, and allowing yourself to indulge sometimes is a great self-care act.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Little acts of self-care are sometimes all we need! I love how you highlight the power of simple pleasures like comfort foods and sensory experiences in the shower - it's a great reminder to appreciate the small joys that bring us joy. Sometimes, keeping things simple is the best strategy for effective self-care.
Yeah, we tend to forget that the smallest things can go a long way - not everything has to be elaborate or time-consuming to be effective self-care. It's finding those simple pleasures and being mindful of our senses that helps us appreciate the little joys in life!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Yeah, it's these simple pleasures that bring a smile to our faces and create a sense of calm and enjoyment. Nothing wrong with some indulgent treats every now and then as long as we enjoy them guilt-free!

Yeah, we tend to forget that the smallest things can go a long way - not everything has to be elaborate or time-consuming to be effective self-care. It's finding those simple pleasures and being mindful of our senses that helps us appreciate the little joys in life!
Elaborate self-care strategies can be fun too, but yes, they're often not necessary for effective self-care. We should still keep things exciting by exploring different options though! There's a whole world of simple yet enjoyable activities out there to discover.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's very true. We don't always need elaborate strategies and often, the most straightforward solutions work best!

sometimes the simplest concepts are the deepest. Self-care can be as effortless as paying attention to and enjoying the little things in life - a sensory pleasure like a tasty treat or a comforting shower can lift our mood and recharge us.

That is very true! Being mindful and appreciating the little joys in life is definitely an essential aspect of holistic self-care. It's an everyday attitude that we can cultivate and cherish. The effects are gradual but significant!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana and joyful
Yeah, it's these simple pleasures that bring a smile to our faces and create a sense of calm and enjoyment. Nothing wrong with some indulgent treats every now and then as long as we enjoy them guilt-free!
Guilty pleasures made guilt-free are the best kind of indulgences! When you frame them as acts of self-care, they become so much more enjoyable don't they?

Guilt can be such a downer and takes the fun out of enjoying little indulgences. Might as well savor every bite of that delicious comfort food without any nasty feelings! ;-)

Elaborate self-care strategies can be fun too, but yes, they're often not necessary for effective self-care. We should still keep things exciting by exploring different options though! There's a whole world of simple yet enjoyable activities out there to discover.
I agree; keeping things interesting and diverse is a great way to explore what works best for our individual selves. We can uncover some surprising and wonderful ways to practice self-care simply by paying attention to those little wins!

Enjoying those little treats without guilt is such a great way to practice self-care! We often deny ourselves pleasures because we feel we don't deserve them, or worry about the consequences. But allowing yourself to fully enjoy that delicious meal, to savour every bite, is a form of nurturing and care - a way of saying "I'm worth it". And enjoying the present moment is such a healthy mindset to cultivate!

Reactions: happyfeet
sometimes the simplest concepts are the deepest. Self-care can be as effortless as paying attention to and enjoying the little things in life - a sensory pleasure like a tasty treat or a comforting shower can lift our mood and recharge us.
That's very insightful! It's amazing how focusing on simple pleasures can bring about a sense of peace and content, especially in today's fast-paced world where we often overlook such mundane yet comforting experiences.

Guilty pleasures made guilt-free are the best kind of indulgences! When you frame them as acts of self-care, they become so much more enjoyable don't they?
They sure do! Indulging without the guilt is a wonderful feeling and a great mindshift towards self-care. It's all about allowing ourselves to enjoy the simple pleasures and being kind to ourselves.

Enjoying the simpler things in life certainly puts a smile on my face. Indulging in treats without the guilt is such a refreshing and uplifting feeling indeed!

Guilt can be such a downer and takes the fun out of enjoying little indulgences. Might as well savor every bite of that delicious comfort food without any nasty feelings! ;-)
I totally agree! Enjoying our favorite things without any hint of guilt is an amazing feeling. It's a very liberating experience and a great form of self-care, to grant ourselves permission to indulge!

Enjoying those little treats without guilt is such a great way to practice self-care! We often deny ourselves pleasures because we feel we don't deserve them, or worry about the consequences. But allowing yourself to fully enjoy that delicious meal, to savour every bite, is a form of nurturing and care - a way of saying "I'm worth it". And enjoying the present moment is such a healthy mindset to cultivate!
You're absolutely right! Giving ourselves permission to indulge in guilt-free pleasures can be a powerful act of self-love and self-care. We do deserve to enjoy life's simple joys, and this mindset shift can make a huge difference in our overall well-being. It's an act of rebellion against the unnecessary guilt we often impose on ourselves!

• Love
Reactions: koala and queenie

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu