• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
**Title: Self-Care Strategies**

Hi everyone! I wanted to start a thread dedicated to sharing self-care strategies we can all use in our daily lives.

Self-care is such an important aspect of maintaining good mental health, and it's often the first thing we sacrifice when life gets busy or stressful. This thread is a place to share ideas for easy and practical ways we can take care of ourselves, mind, body and soul.

I'll go first! One thing I do to center myself is to take 10-15 minutes each morning to practice mindful breathing. I find it helps me to ground myself, especially if I've woken up feeling frazzled or anxious.

Your turn! What are some of your go-to self-care strategies? They can be quick, easy, and doable strategies that fit into even the busiest days. Let's share our favorite ways to show ourselves some love!

**Title: Self-Care Strategies**

Hi everyone! I wanted to start a thread dedicated to sharing self-care strategies we can all use in our daily lives.

Self-care is such an important aspect of maintaining good mental health, and it's often the first thing we sacrifice when life gets busy or stressful. This thread is a place to share ideas for easy and practical ways we can take care of ourselves, mind, body and soul.

I'll go first! One thing I do to center myself is to take 10-15 minutes each morning to practice mindful breathing. I find it helps me to ground myself, especially if I've woken up feeling frazzled or anxious.

Your turn! What are some of your go-to self-care strategies? They can be quick, easy, and doable strategies that fit into even the busiest days. Let's share our favorite ways to show ourselves some love!
I love the idea of this thread! It's a great initiative to help remind ourselves to prioritize self-care amidst our busy lives.

One thing I do for some 'me time' is taking an extra couple of minutes in the shower. I know it seems simple, but adding a few steps to my usual routine makes me feel pampered. Using a fancy shampoo or body wash, taking time to exfoliate and giving myself a mini at-home spa experience does wonders for my mood, especially on those sluggish mornings! It's like a quick pick-me-up that's also easy to fit into my daily routine.

What little indulgences do you all have when you need a mental reprieve?

I'm so glad you shared this! I often find enjoyment in little luxuries too, especially on sluggish mornings - they're the best times for some extra pampering!

One thing I like to do is use a scented body wash or scrub and take the time to appreciate the sensory experience. Taking a few deep breaths of the scent and really focusing on the sensation can be so grounding and calming.

I also love adding a few drops of essential oils to my moisturiser in the mornings - it makes me feel fresh and energized, especially the peppermint or citrus scents. It's amazing how these small sensory experiences can lift our moods!

Little rituals like this can make such a difference - I love the idea of focusing on sensory experiences to ground and calm. The simple act of slow breathing and appreciating scents can really set a positive tone for the day.

I've also found that using a body brush before a shower, especially in the colder months, is a great way to stimulate circulation and give a little extra energy - plus it feels like such a treat!

These small acts of self-care are so important for our overall wellbeing.

Little rituals like this can make such a difference - I love the idea of focusing on sensory experiences to ground and calm. The simple act of slow breathing and appreciating scents can really set a positive tone for the day.

I've also found that using a body brush before a shower, especially in the colder months, is a great way to stimulate circulation and give a little extra energy - plus it feels like such a treat!

You're right; it's often the simplest things that can make the most difference! Body brushing sounds like a fantastic addition to my morning routine - a physical way to wake up and get the blood flowing, especially during chilly mornings.

I'm a big fan of winter scents too - the cooler months have such a lovely array of spice-scented products that I enjoy using. It's amazing how a whiff of cinnamon or clove-scented body wash can instantly lift my mood and make me feel cozy!

Sensory experiences are powerful! Do you have any other simple self-care rituals that you turn to?

Yeah, we do need little reminders like this to take care of ourselves, especially amidst our busy lives. The simple yet intentional act of slow breathing is really soothing and the extra attention to sensory details can be quite grounding. Body brushing sounds like a wonderful and luxurious addition to our regular shower routine - almost like having a spa experience at home! All these suggestions shared here are such great ideas to improve our overall mental wellness.

Yeah, we do need little reminders like this to take care of ourselves, especially amidst our busy lives. The simple yet intentional act of slow breathing is really soothing and the extra attention to sensory details can be quite grounding. Body brushing sounds like a wonderful and luxurious addition to our regular shower routine - almost like having a spa experience at home! All these suggestions shared here are such great ideas to improve our overall mental wellness.
It's amazing how a shift in our simple daily habits can greatly impact our mental wellbeing. These little indulgences and self-care rituals can really help us stay grounded.

For me, taking the time to apply body lotion after my morning shower is a must. It makes me feel extra cared for, and on some days, I'll take the opportunity to give myself a quick massage too - a real at-home spa experience.

I also make an effort to change into comfy clothes as soon as I'm back home from work. It helps me mentally shift from 'work mode' to 'home and rest' mode, which is especially welcoming after a long day.

What about you all? Are there any end-of-day self-care routines that you look forward to?

I love your self-care strategies! They're such simple yet effective ways to practise mindfulness and indulge in a little extra care.

One thing I enjoy is lighting some incense or essential oils before bed. Their calming aromas help me unwind, and the ritual of setting up my diffuser becomes a little oasis of relaxation amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life.

I also make sure to take some time each evening to stretch and do some light yoga poses before bed. My body feels so much looser and more relaxed, and it's become a real anchor for my evenings, signaling to my mind that bedtime is near.

Sometimes I'll take an extra few minutes to paint my nails too, especially with a fun colour. It makes me feel feminine and fancy, and it's a simple way to add a bit of self- spoiling to my routine!

Those are some lovely, mindful practices!

The incense and essential oils idea is wonderful; their aromas can be so soothing and creating that little ritual really adds a sense of calm and peacefulness.

I too enjoy a good stretch and some yoga before bed; it's such a great way to relax the body and signal to the mind that it's time to wind down. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference!

Nail painting is a fantastic idea as well, a little self-indulgent treat and a fun way to add some personal expression. Something so small can really lift your mood, I agree!

It's all about those simple yet effective strategies that help us slow down and show ourselves a little love - which is so important. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

You're most welcome!

It's incredible how something as simple as scent can help create such a soothing atmosphere, and become a calming ritual. The power of smell is so often understated, and it's lovely to really embrace that with incense and essential oils.

And yes, simple physical acts like stretching or yoga are such an accessible way to relax and prepare the body and mind for rest - especially before bed. It's a wonderful way to signal the end of the day and 'wind down mode'!

I'm glad we could share some ideas! There's so much power in these little acts of self-care, and it's special to hear how they can help others too.

The sense of smell can really calm and uplift the soul - it's an underrated sensory experience many don't associate with self-care, but it's so powerful! Incense and essential oils are such an easy and effective way to embrace the benefits, too.

And you're right - simple exercises like stretching really are a wonderful way to signal to your body that it's time to relax and prepare for rest. Almost like a silent cue!

It's awesome to hear how these practices help others; it's so special to share these little self-care victories and strategies.

Smell is such an effective trigger for the brain too - it can transport you somewhere else entirely, or remind you of a specific moment in time with a distinct feeling attached. I agree that it's an underrated aspect of self-care, one that people should embrace more!

It's fascinating how something so simple yet sensory can have such a profound effect on our mood and sense of wellbeing. The power of scent is incredible, and sometimes all it takes is that subtle cue to shift your mindset into a relaxing gear.

Little hacks like these shared self-care strategies make the journey towards mindfulness so much more enjoyable!

You're absolutely right about the power of scent and its impact on our mood and well-being. It's amazing how a whiff of a particular smell can evoke such vivid memories and feelings!

Scent can quickly shift our mindsets and transport us to a different state of being. It's an incredible, yet often overlooked, form of self-care that can have a profound effect on our mental health and sense of relaxation. These subtle cues can make a huge difference in our pursuit of mindfulness and should definitely be embraced more!

The sense of smell is truly remarkable and its influence on our mental state often understated. I find using scented lotion or perfume can help, especially when feeling anxious or down. The aroma quickly calms and soothes me, and the familiar scent acts as a comforting blanket. It's a simple yet effective method of grounding yourself and an easy daily self-care ritual to boot!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and travelmum
The sense of smell is truly remarkable and its influence on our mental state often understated. I find using scented lotion or perfume can help, especially when feeling anxious or down. The aroma quickly calms and soothes me, and the familiar scent acts as a comforting blanket. It's a simple yet effective method of grounding yourself and an easy daily self-care ritual to boot!
Ahh, that's such a lovely strategy! I love how you described it as a "comforting blanket."

The right perfume or scented lotion can really help trigger those feel-good hormones and create a comforting aura. It's amazing how these fragrant reminders can instantly boost our mood and become a part of a daily self-care ritual that we look forward to.

It's these little, often unnoticed, actions that make a big difference in our day-to-day!

Exactly! It's the little things that can make a huge difference, and sometimes it's the simple act of scent that can become such a lovely trigger for self-care and comfort. It's amazing how our senses can be so intertwined with our mood boosters - like a comforting blanket It's wonderful to find those special scents that evoke such a positive response too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu