• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
It's easy to get overwhelmed with the demands of modern life, whether they're work deadlines or family obligations. Taking care of oneself can often fall by the wayside. This thread is dedicated to sharing our self-care strategies — those little (or big) things we do to stay grounded and maintain good mental health.

What are your go-to self-care practices, and how do you fit them into your routine? Are there any new strategies you're looking to incorporate?

I'll start! One of my favourite ways to practice self-care is taking an evening walk after a long day. It helps me clear my mind and feels like a proper reset before tackling the rest of my evening routine. I also make time for a longer hike every week, preferably in nature. There's something so calming about being surrounded by trees and hearing the wind rustle through the leaves.

Taking an hour or two to fish is one way I take care of myself. Being by the water, hoping to get a bite, is relaxing and peaceful. The satisfaction of reeling in a catch is a bonus!

Fishing lets me disconnect from technology and tune out distractions. It's also easy to do here - no need for elaborate hiking gear or long travels. I just head downtown to the river, which makes it convenient during lunchbreaks or when I have some free time.

giphy.gif

Taking an hour or two to fish is one way I take care of myself. Being by the water, hoping to get a bite, is relaxing and peaceful. The satisfaction of reeling in a catch is a bonus!

Fishing lets me disconnect from technology and tune out distractions. It's also easy to do here - no need for elaborate hiking gear or long travels. I just head downtown to the river, which makes it convenient during lunchbreaks or when I have some free time.
I'm curious, have you ever gone fishing out at sea or on a boat? My brother loves deep-sea fishing and always raves about the experience.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
TS, your hiking idea sounds refreshing too. I might give it a go - some exercise in nature would be nice!

Reactions: sportytina
I used to go for walks too but the evening strolls around the neighbourhood were getting stale so I switched it up and started going on jogs instead - but only during the weekends, because I'm not that brave facing the morning sun.

53891645527_af5cb5f1d4_m.jpg

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
TS, your nature hikes sound calming and refreshing. I can almost hear the leaves rustling! It's a wonderful idea to incorporate elements of nature into our self-care routines.

giphy.gif

I agree that sometimes the simplest things can have a powerful impact on our mental health. A short stroll or some time spent in a park can be such a refreshing pick-me-up!

Reactions: mamamia
It's great to see others share similar feelings about the benefits of nature; it really is soothing for the soul!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
OP, your love for nature is admirable! I've never heard of anyone finding peace the way you do out at sea though. It's fascinating how different we all are!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
TS's appreciation for nature is truly unique, finding serenity amidst the waves. It's incredible how diverse our perspectives can be!

TS's love for nature walks really speaks to the calming and grounding effects that being outdoors can bring. It's a wonderful way to de-escalate the mind and reset, especially after a stressful day.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
TS's love for nature walks really speaks to the calming and grounding effects that being outdoors can bring. It's a wonderful way to de-escalate the mind and reset, especially after a stressful day.
OP's appreciation for the calming effects of nature is spot on! Being outdoors helps to soothe frazzled nerves and gives a much-needed break from urban life's hustle and bustle.

I enjoy an occasional visit to the nearby park for some peace and quiet too, especially when the sun sets, casting a golden glow on the surroundings - a beautiful sight to behold amidst the stresses of everyday life. It's a simple yet impactful way to recharge and make sure I'm taking care of my mental health.

Reactions: nature
OP's appreciation for the calming effects of nature is spot on! Being outdoors helps to soothe frazzled nerves and gives a much-needed break from urban life's hustle and bustle.

I enjoy an occasional visit to the nearby park for some peace and quiet too, especially when the sun sets, casting a golden glow on the surroundings - a beautiful sight to behold amidst the stresses of everyday life. It's a simple yet impactful way to recharge and make sure I'm taking care of my mental health.
I like how OP notices the beauty of the surroundings - the golden glow of the setting sun - it's these little things that make such outings refreshing and peaceful.

53923921002_7c87f4043c_m.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu