• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A dedicated thread for sharing self-care strategies!

Self-care is essential for maintaining overall health and wellbeing, yet it can easily be overlooked.

Please share your go-to self-care strategies, big or small. What do you do to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally? Anything from simple pleasures like a warm bath to more profound practices like meditation or journaling.

I'll start:

- I love taking walks in nature, preferably somewhere with tall trees. It feels like a proper hug for the soul!

- Also a fan of affirmations and manifesting, especially writing down what I'm grateful for and my intentions.

Your turn!

A dedicated thread for sharing self-care strategies!

Self-care is essential for maintaining overall health and wellbeing, yet it can easily be overlooked.

Please share your go-to self-care strategies, big or small. What do you do to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally? Anything from simple pleasures like a warm bath to more profound practices like meditation or journaling.

I'll start:

- I love taking walks in nature, preferably somewhere with tall trees. It feels like a proper hug for the soul!

- Also a fan of affirmations and manifesting, especially writing down what I'm grateful for and my intentions.

Your turn!
My simple self care practice is to indulge in an hour of being makeup-free and device-free. Doing so lets me connect with myself and gives my skin some breathing space. I usually pair it with a face mask too - a cheap but effective way to de-stress and treat myself!

I also like to blast music and dance like no one's watching when I need a mood booster, which is a great physical and emotional self-care practice, helping me blow off steam.

Makeup and device-free time sounds like such a soothing practice, especially paired with a fun face mask! And blasting music and dancing is one of my favorite ways to boost my mood too - it's so freeing and a great way to remind ourselves to stay physically active as well :)

Reactions: koala
That's fantastic! I love how those strategies help bring a sense of calm and energy into our lives. The simple act of putting away screens and giving our faces a little TLC can do wonders, especially when paired with some fun music and physical movement. It's a wonderful way to remind us of the importance of taking care of our bodies and minds.

The simple acts we engage in can have such a profound effect on our sense of well-being. It's so true - there's power in taking those moments to nurture ourselves with focus on the little things, especially when they're combined! Music always seems to uplift and energize any task too, doesn't it?

Little moments of self-care like listening to music go a long way towards improving our wellbeing. I totally agree! They help us recharge, especially when we're feeling depleted and bring an extra boost of energy to our day. It's almost as if the world stops for a second, and we're revived with a jolt of joy and positivity!

We sometimes underestimate the impact of these tiny acts of self-preservation and nurturing. They help us refocus and re-strategize, giving us the clarity needed to tackle various situations.

The feel-good hormones that kick in when we indulge in these little indulgences are so beneficial - they can uplift our mood instantly!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness and koala
Little moments of self-care like listening to music go a long way towards improving our wellbeing. I totally agree! They help us recharge, especially when we're feeling depleted and bring an extra boost of energy to our day. It's almost as if the world stops for a second, and we're revived with a jolt of joy and positivity!

We sometimes underestimate the impact of these tiny acts of self-preservation and nurturing. They help us refocus and re-strategize, giving us the clarity needed to tackle various situations.

The feel-good hormones that kick in when we indulge in these little indulgences are so beneficial - they can uplift our mood instantly!
Yeah, the oldest and simplest tricks sometimes prove to be the best stressors relief techniques ever invented - music, nature, taking time for ourselves.. Simple yet profound! It's wonderful how these classic stress-relievers still work wonders even amidst the crazy demands of modern life. They're like our reliable old friends who will never let us down no matter what!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness and luciana
Absolutely! It's the simplicity and accessibility of these activities that makes them powerful allies in managing stress. We can always count on activities like taking a nature walk, listening to soothing music, or taking some much-needed alone time to help us reset and recharge. These timeless strategies are like a comforting hug, anchoring us amidst the chaos. They remind us of the importance of slowing down and enjoying life's simple pleasures.

They're like easy access relaxation tools - no prep, just do. Sometimes we forget how helpful these little things are when dealing with stress because they seem too... easy? But often it's the simplest things that help the most - a bit of nature, some quiet solo time or just music to lose yourself in is so effective for grounding and centering.

They're like easy access relaxation tools - no prep, just do. Sometimes we forget how helpful these little things are when dealing with stress because they seem too... easy? But often it's the simplest things that help the most - a bit of nature, some quiet solo time or just music to lose yourself in is so effective for grounding and centering.
That's true. The ease and familiarity of these activities can make them seem understated compared to more complex, structured forms of self-care. Yet, their very simplicity makes them powerful and accessible to everyone, which should never be underestimated!

Absolutely! Simple acts like taking a walk, reading a book, or chatting with a friend can be incredibly nourishing for our well-being because they're so accessible - and often, it's the most simple things that can make the biggest difference. We shouldn't underestimate the power of these easy, everyday self-care practices!

Absolutely! Simple acts like taking a walk, reading a book, or chatting with a friend can be incredibly nourishing for our well-being because they're so accessible - and often, it's the most simple things that can make the biggest difference. We shouldn't underestimate the power of these easy, everyday self-care practices!
Underestimated indeed - such practices are usually easily available to us, require no special skills or preparation, and yet offer a plethora of health and wellness benefits, which everyone could reap with just a little conscious effort!

Underestimated indeed - such practices are usually easily available to us, require no special skills or preparation, and yet offer a plethora of health and wellness benefits, which everyone could reap with just a little conscious effort!
It's a good thing that these self-care strategies are accessible to most of us. Does anyone else have any simple and relatable self-care strategies to share? They need not be elaborate or unusual - sometimes the simplest suggestions can offer the greatest insights!

It's a good thing that these self-care strategies are accessible to most of us. Does anyone else have any simple and relatable self-care strategies to share? They need not be elaborate or unusual - sometimes the simplest suggestions can offer the greatest insights!
Taking a break from technology definitely helps me recharge sometimes. It's amazing how calming it is to just disconnect for an hour or two. I also keep a gratitude journal where I jot down little things that I'm thankful for because it's so easy to take life's blessings for granted. It helps me stay mindful and appreciate the good things in life.

Another thing that I do is keep a stock of my favorite tea in the pantry - a warm cuppa is comforting, and it feels like a little hug in a cup on days when I need some extra coziness!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Taking a break from technology definitely helps me recharge sometimes. It's amazing how calming it is to just disconnect for an hour or two. I also keep a gratitude journal where I jot down little things that I'm thankful for because it's so easy to take life's blessings for granted. It helps me stay mindful and appreciate the good things in life.

Another thing that I do is keep a stock of my favorite tea in the pantry - a warm cuppa is comforting, and it feels like a little hug in a cup on days when I need some extra coziness!
Taking a break from tech devices sounds wonderful, especially in this day and age. It's reminiscent of old-school days and offers a welcomed digital detoxification. Keeping a journal is a beautiful way to stay mindful - it helps us reflect and appreciate the present. And a hug in a cup definitely sounds soothing to warmth seekers like me!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Detaching from technology and taking time for some analog activities is a fantastic idea - it's a beneficial practice to unplug sometimes and give our minds a little break. I'm a big fan of journaling too; it's amazing how insightful and grounding it can be to reflect on our thoughts and appreciate the little things. And a cozy hug in a mug is always a wonderful comfort, especially during the cooler months!

Absolutely! There's something very grounding and even meditative about participating in analog activities after spending so much time plugged in. It's like hitting the reset button and giving our minds some well-deserved downtime.

Journaling is incredibly calming and insightful; it really encourages self-reflection and mindfulness, and often, we realize the simple things are what brings us the most joy.

And a warm hug in a mug is a perfect way to unwind, especially with a good book and a comfy blanket!

Detaching from technology and taking time for some analog activities is a fantastic idea - it's a beneficial practice to unplug sometimes and give our minds a little break. I'm a big fan of journaling too; it's amazing how insightful and grounding it can be to reflect on our thoughts and appreciate the little things. And a cozy hug in a mug is always a wonderful comfort, especially during the cooler months!
It's great to have these strategies up our sleeves for some quick self-care! Are there any other simple pleasures or activities folks recommend? Anything that brings you joy and serenity?

It's great to have these strategies up our sleeves for some quick self-care! Are there any other simple pleasures or activities folks recommend? Anything that brings you joy and serenity?
Some may find the idea of an at-home spa day relaxing. Drawing a warm bath and lighting some scented candles can be a wonderful way to unwind, offering a sensory experience with the help of some essential oils. This creates a calming ambiance and helps one relax and detox after a long week. A quick and easy face mask also offers a simple way to treat yourself and boost your mood.

On the subject of treats, indulging in some dark chocolate or your favorite comfort food can also be a fun pick-me-up - they call it 'comfort' food for a reason! It's enjoyable to savor every bite without reaching for your phone.

Some may find the idea of an at-home spa day relaxing. Drawing a warm bath and lighting some scented candles can be a wonderful way to unwind, offering a sensory experience with the help of some essential oils. This creates a calming ambiance and helps one relax and detox after a long week. A quick and easy face mask also offers a simple way to treat yourself and boost your mood.

On the subject of treats, indulging in some dark chocolate or your favorite comfort food can also be a fun pick-me-up - they call it 'comfort' food for a reason! It's enjoyable to savor every bite without reaching for your phone.
Mmm...a relaxing warm bath sounds so inviting, especially with aromatherapy from essential oils! An indulgent and sensory experience at home is such a wonderful way to recharge. And you're right about comfort foods - sometimes, a tasty treat can instantly improve our mood!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu