• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-care strategies in motherhood

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Motherhood can be overwhelming, so sharing self-care strategies to help manage the chaos is vital; what techniques do you have to stay grounded?

As a starting point, here's a simple one: 'Me time' can be hard to come by with kids, so scheduling even 15 minutes each day to practice meditation or deep breathing exercises can help reclaim some personal space and mental clarity - what are your go-to mindfulness strategies?

Reactions: techsavvy
Taking time out for myself is tough as a mom, but I've found that 15-minute catnaps here and there help to reset my mood!

Reactions: musical and luciana
Taking time out for myself is tough as a mom, but I've found that 15-minute catnaps here and there help to reset my mood!
15-minute power naps are a lifesaver! They're short enough to not interrupt your day but give you that extra boost of energy to keep going.

Having some "me time" is a great idea, as taking care of yourself is important especially so when managing the demands of being a mother. My simple self-care strategy is to take short naps whenever possible - they help me recharge and feel more patient and energetic afterward!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
I schedule time for exercise and put the kids' toys away in another room so that I can have some quiet 'me time'. It's a great stress reliever!

It's a crazy ride Taking some time to exercise is my sanity saviour. A quick walk around the block, or an online yoga session helps clear the mind and boosts energy levels - and the effects are instant!

giphy.gif

It's a crazy ride Taking some time to exercise is my sanity saviour. A quick walk around the block, or an online yoga session helps clear the mind and boosts energy levels - and the effects are instant!
Online yoga sessions are a great way to unwind and gain some much-needed 'me time' too! It's a simple yet effective strategy that helps bring some calm and focus - especially when you're short on time.

Napping is an efficient way to recharge when you're short on time. Even if it's just sitting quietly with your eyes closed for a few minutes - it helps to reset and recenter yourself.

giphy.gif

Set aside 'mummy time' for some much-needed self-care! I love winding down with a long, hot soak in the tub with some essential oils. It's my me-time and helps me destress after a crazy day.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Set aside 'mummy time' for some much-needed self-care! I love winding down with a long, hot soak in the tub with some essential oils. It's my me-time and helps me destress after a crazy day.
A long soak in the tub sounds like an absolute luxury! Can't go wrong with some relaxing 'me time' to unwind.

Short, 15-minute exercise breaks help too - especially with an upbeat song to dance along to! It's an easy way to boost your mood and energy levels.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Another way to practise self-care is to pen down your thoughts in a journal. Writing down your experiences allows you to process them and helps clear mental space.

That's a great idea! I've been hearing about the benefits of journaling lately - seems like it helps you process and organize your thoughts.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu