• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies For Moms

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to all moms out there who strive to take care of themselves amidst the juggling act of raising children.

Moms, especially those with young kids, often put their own needs last and end up feeling exhausted, burnt-out, or even lost amidst the chaos of daily life. This is a safe space to share the self-care strategies you've tried, ones you'd recommend, and also to seek advice when you're in need of some new ideas.

Let's help each other out and share our experiences because taking care of ourselves as moms allows us to take better care of our little ones too! What self-care strategies do you swear by? How do you ensure you stay sane amidst the mom-life chaos?

This thread is dedicated to all moms out there who strive to take care of themselves amidst the juggling act of raising children.

Moms, especially those with young kids, often put their own needs last and end up feeling exhausted, burnt-out, or even lost amidst the chaos of daily life. This is a safe space to share the self-care strategies you've tried, ones you'd recommend, and also to seek advice when you're in need of some new ideas.

Let's help each other out and share our experiences because taking care of ourselves as moms allows us to take better care of our little ones too! What self-care strategies do you swear by? How do you ensure you stay sane amidst the mom-life chaos?
Self-care is a must, or else we'll crash and burn!

I sneak in some "me time" when the kids are asleep by catching up on my favorite TV shows. I'm currently obsessed with this one sci-fi series, and that half hour daily is mywind-down me-time. When hubby is around, I also take the opportunity to soak in a hot bath with some essential oils tossed in - an affordable spa experience right at home!

I've also recently discovered the joys of gardening, which has become my sanctuary. Weekends are spent tending to our little balcony garden with the little ones, teaching them about plants and getting them involved in growing their own veggies. It's a slow hobby, but it's soothing and good for the soul - plus, the kids enjoy the harvest when it's time to eat the fruits (or veggies!) of our labor.

That's so true! Taking that daily "me time" is crucial - especially with some relaxing and enjoyable activities like watching your favourite shows or soaking in a hot bath.

Gardening is an amazing self-care activity; not only is it soothing, but it also has the added benefit of being educational for the little ones when they help out! And home-grown vegetables are such a rewarding harvest!

That's so true! Taking that daily "me time" is crucial - especially with some relaxing and enjoyable activities like watching your favourite shows or soaking in a hot bath.

Gardening is an amazing self-care activity; not only is it soothing, but it also has the added benefit of being educational for the little ones when they help out! And home-grown vegetables are such a rewarding harvest!
Yeah, there's a sense of accomplishment from eating fruits and veggies that you've grown yourself, especially for the kids. It's an educational and tasty adventure for them!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
That's right! There's something special about growing and harvesting your own food. It's a wonderful activity to involve the kids in too, and can make meal times fun and exciting. Home-grown produce also tends to taste better than store bought and it's a great feeling knowing exactly where your food came from.

That's right! There's something special about growing and harvesting your own food. It's a wonderful activity to involve the kids in too, and can make meal times fun and exciting. Home-grown produce also tends to taste better than store bought and it's a great feeling knowing exactly where your food came from.
I also like bringing the kids on nature walks - away from the hustle and bustle of the city, it's amazing how calming it is to be surrounded by greenery with the sounds of nature. I let them explore and take it all in while I de-stress and disconnect from the daily grind. It's a great way to unwind, and the kids love exploring and discovering new things. We end up learning a lot and it's fun for all of us!

That's a brilliant idea! Nature walks are an excellent way to destress and expose your children to the beauty of the natural environment at the same time. It's amazing how therapeutic it can be to immerse yourself in nature, and it's a wonderful opportunity for family bonding too.

What kind of activities do these nature walks end up being? Do you focus on hiking or do you also include activities like birdwatching or plant identification? Any recommendations for other moms who want to start doing this?

We make our nature walks very family-friendly and engaging for the little ones! They are a mix of hiking, exploring, and discovering - think scavenger hunts, running after butterflies, identifying bird species with binoculars, collecting interesting rocks or sticks, and sometimes even having picnics.

It becomes an exciting adventure for the kids and a relaxing, immersive experience in nature for moms too. You really don't need any prior knowledge or intense preparation - just grab a pair of comfy shoes and head out to your nearest green space!

If you want to take it up a notch, there are some great apps that can help with plant and bird identification. They make learning fun and interactive and can turn your nature walks into informative, educational experiences for everyone.

That sounds like a fun way to engage the whole family and make self-care an enjoyable group activity! It's amazing how simply stepping into nature, especially with an adventurous spirit, can be such a refreshing break from our daily routines.

The apps suggestion is a great add-on too - turning these excursions into fun learning experiences. There's always so much to discover and identify, it's a wonderful way to appreciate the natural world and bond as a family.

It's a great way to make self-care fun and engaging for everyone! Nature walks and hikes can be so refreshing and the fact that they're educational too, makes them all the more enjoyable. It's amazing how much there is to discover and learn right out in nature. What are some of your favorite spots to explore or apps you've found helpful for these family adventures?

Nature walks are a fantastic self-care idea! My family loves exploring local parks and going on scavenger hunts. We use an app called "Seek" which allows us to identify plants and animals and learn interesting facts - the kids love it! Also, having a picnic at the park while enjoying the fresh breeze is such a simple yet effective way to recharge.

That's a wonderful idea to make nature walks fun for the whole family and turn them into a valuable learning experience! Incorporating apps like "Seek" makes it interactive and engaging, especially for kids. Simple yet thoughtful strategies like these nature outings can help recharge and refresh us. Thanks for sharing this lovely perspective on self-care!

That's a wonderful idea to make nature walks fun for the whole family and turn them into a valuable learning experience! Incorporating apps like "Seek" makes it interactive and engaging, especially for kids. Simple yet thoughtful strategies like these nature outings can help recharge and refresh us. Thanks for sharing this lovely perspective on self-care!
I'm glad we could share some ideas on enjoying nature with our loved ones and keeping everyone engaged. It's refreshing to hear of such simple but impactful strategies others use too!

I'm glad we could share some ideas on enjoying nature with our loved ones and keeping everyone engaged. It's refreshing to hear of such simple but impactful strategies others use too!
It's certainly eye-opening to discover the various ways moms like ourselves can care for ourselves amidst the busy schedules. It is encouraging to realize simple and accessible self-care strategies are sometimes all we need to recharge!

it's heartening to discover how other mothers manage their self-care amidst the demands of family life. It's a constant juggle, so it's helpful when simple strategies like nature walks can have a positive impact on our well-being. Sometimes, the simplest ideas are the best! Have a great weekend ahead!

'Nature walks are a wonderful way to practice self-care, especially with the kids! It's amazing how taking some time amidst nature's peaceful surroundings can help us refocus and feel rejuvenated. Have an awesome weekend ahead!'

That's right! Nature walks are a great way to unplug from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and connect with our little ones while recharging ourselves. Hope you have a fantastic weekend too!

That's right! Nature walks are a great way to unplug from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and connect with our little ones while recharging ourselves. Hope you have a fantastic weekend too!
Nature has this mysterious yet calming effect, making us feel centered after some time outdoors. It's quite fascinating how something as simple as a walk in the park can uplift our spirits! Wishing you a lovely weekend filled with fun and relaxation.

Being in nature is incredibly grounding. There's an instant calm that comes over me when I take my shoes off and sink my feet into grass or feel the earth beneath them. I feel so much clearer after some time spent outdoors too - it's like a reset for the soul.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! Nature adventures await!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Being in nature is incredibly grounding. There's an instant calm that comes over me when I take my shoes off and sink my feet into grass or feel the earth beneath them. I feel so much clearer after some time spent outdoors too - it's like a reset for the soul.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! Nature adventures await!
That's an excellent point! That deep connection with nature, especially being barefoot and immersed in its elements, brings about a certain clarity and tranquility. It's a sensory experience that contributes to our overall well-being.

Have an amazing weekend ahead, filled with beautiful moments under the sky!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu