• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies for Moms

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Moms often put their families' needs ahead of their own, which can lead to burnout and fatigue. Sharing some strategies for intentional self-care practices can help us recharge, rejuvenate and ensure we are giving the best care to our little ones while looking after ourselves too!

What are your go-to ways to practice self-care? I'll start:

I make sure to set aside time each week for a hobby I enjoy - sometimes it's knitting, other times it's painting. It helps me unwind and zone out, especially on weeks that feel overwhelmingly busy. Also, going for walks or runs outside help clear my headspace.

What about you all? What are some simple yet effective ways you practice self-care as a mom?

Reactions: nature
Moms often put their families' needs ahead of their own, which can lead to burnout and fatigue. Sharing some strategies for intentional self-care practices can help us recharge, rejuvenate and ensure we are giving the best care to our little ones while looking after ourselves too!

I make sure to set aside time each week for a hobby I enjoy - sometimes it's knitting, other times it's painting. It helps me unwind and zone out, especially on weeks that feel overwhelmingly busy. Also, going for walks or runs outside help clear my headspace.

What about you all? What are some simple yet effective ways you practice self-care as a mom?
As a mom myself, me-time is precious! I love escaping into a good book or losing myself in dance and workout sessions at home to de-stress and forget the world for a bit. The alone time helps refresh my mind, and reminds me to take care of myself, which in turn helps me be more present as a mom.

Do you have any special activities that help you zone out and recharge, fellow moms?

Having Me-Time is a must! I carve out time weekly for meditation and also catch up on my favourite K-dramas whenever I can sneak in some downtime. The quiet and alone time helps me recharge, and getting lost in a good story is a nice break from the daily grind. It helps that my kids are a little older now, so I can leave them to their devices for an hour or so while I indulge in some much-needed me-time. Also, a good, long shower - with aromatherapy shampoo and soap - is my mini spa moment! There's something soothing about standing under the hot water and just breathing, letting go of the day's stresses.

• Love
Reactions: cissy

I'm big on personal time too - it's so important to have some quiet me-time to recharge, especially us moms who have demanding toddlers! I sneak in a bit of yoga and meditation daily - sometimes short 10-minute sessions - to center myself, which helps a lot with mindfulness and keeping calm. Also, a good long hot shower at the end of the day, alone in silence, is my favorite de-stressing tactic!

Reactions: luciana

As a mom, I make it a point to catch up on beauty sleep whenever possible. An afternoon nap here, an extra hour of shuteye there - both help to recharge and reset my mood, especially when my son's hormones are acting up and his emotions run wild!

Nothing like a good snooze to prepare me for the teenage angst I have to deal with! Ha!

• Love
Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu