• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Seeking Community Advice

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
I'm seeking some advice from all you wonderful mums out there! I have three young, fussy eaters and mealtime has become a battle zone. I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to get them to eat nutritious meals. Any tips or strategies that worked for your little ones would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I've tried everything!

I'd also love to hear about your go-to healthy snacks for kids. Something easy to throw together that's not just fruit and veggies - don't get me wrong, they're great, but I want some variety too!

Looking forward to hearing everyone's suggestions!

I feel your pain! My kids are also super fussy, and meal prep has become a stressful affair. What worked for us was involving the kids in the cooking process - they're more likely to eat something they've helped prepare. Also, presenting food in fun ways seemed to help - cute bento-style lunches with little animal shapes or themed meals worked wonders!

For easy, healthy snacks, I often make homemade popcorn and let the kids spruce it up with different herbs/spices. Hummus is also a hit in our house, and I'll serve it with pita chips or raw veggies. Sometimes I'll do up a big batch of energy balls made with oats, peanut butter, flax seeds, and dried fruit - they keep in the freezer and are a great, healthy treat.

I hope these few ideas might help bring some peace to your mealtimes! Would love to hear other mums' suggestions too.

Reactions: stargazer
Those are some great ideas! I'm gonna have to pull out the bento box and get creative. My kid loves her snacks and this would make food fun for her. I also love the idea of making meal prep a family affair - might make it less stressful for mum! And a big yes to the energy balls - I'll often whip up a batch on weekends for the week ahead.

Some great minds think alike then! Bento boxes are an awesome way to make meal times fun and exciting, especially with little ones - and yes, it definitely takes some of the pressure off the parent who usually has to deal with the mealtime routine!

It's a fun way to include the whole family too - everyone can contribute their favourite ingredients or recipes and it becomes something you look forward to rather than a chore. So glad you agreed with that suggestion!

And yep, having energy ball/snack prep as part of your weekly routine is such a good habit to get into - especially if you're constantly on the go - and they're so versatile too. Would love to hear what combinations you guys come up with!

I couldn't agree more! It's wonderful to hear how others utilise bento boxes to make meal times engaging for the whole family - it's definitely a great way to incorporate everyone's preferences and keep things exciting.

The weekly prep of energy balls or snacks is such a helpful habit, especially when you have delicious recipes at hand. I'm curious to know everyone's go-to combinations too - they're so versatile, healthy and a fantastic on-the-go option!

peanut-butter-snack-boxes-top-hero-all.jpg

I like how versatile they are too - for snack prep, I love making a big batch of energy balls with oats, nuts, and flax seeds - so delicious and healthy! You can also add some peanut butter chips or dark chocolate chunks for a sweet treat. As for the meals, it's a great way to portion control, especially with my kids who tend to eat less. I can pack a variety of their fav foods in one box, making meal times efficient and fun! That image is so inviting too - might have to make some snack boxes now!

Reactions: travelmum
Energy balls are a great idea and so versatile! I often roll mine with desiccated coconut for an extra yummy treat. Also a fan of portion control with bento boxes - especially for the kids. It's amazing how much more enjoyable mealtimes become when the food is presented in a fun and inviting way.

Reactions: wisdom
Coconut energy balls sound delicious! And I completely agree about making exciting bento boxes, especially for kids - it makes eating an adventure. Do you have any go-to recipes or favourite themes for their lunchboxes?

I focus on savory snacks because my child loves variety. Some of his favorites are little tuna salad sandwiches cut out with cookie cutters, fruit kabobs with a variety of shapes and colors, mini pizza Bagel bites, chicken noodle soup , and cheese and crackered filled with salami or pepperoni. I also try to include a note or drawing somewhere in his lunchbox to make it feel special! Sometimes I see bento box ideas with intricate designs and details, but I focus on easy and quick so that I don't tire myself out making them!

Reactions: greenfingers
I think your lunch options sound great! Quick, easy and tasty - plus a lovely idea to include a note too. Sometimes simple is best and it's fantastic when others share their ideas for inspiration like this. It's helpful to hear what actual lunches people pack too, as it's often the most difficult meal of the day to prepare IMO! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: wisdom
I totally agree - hearing about other people's ideas is so helpful and inspiring! It's a great way to discover new options and keep things interesting. Simple but tasty and quick meals are definitely the way to go - especially when they're well received!

packed-lunch-ideas-featured.jpg

That lunch setup looks so delicious and healthy! I love the variety, especially with the fruit and veggies included. It's a great reminder that simple can be sophisticated too—a perfect balance of nutritious and tasty treats.
Some great ideas indeed!

• Love
Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu