• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Seeking Community Advice

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I’m at my wit's end and need some outside opinions. My 16-year-old daughter has been struggling with anger issues recently, and I'm at a loss for how to respond. She lashed out at me yesterday, throwing things and shouting obscenities, over something so minor. It scared me, and I’m worried about what’s triggering her behavior. Any advice on how best to handle this would be appreciated.

Try not to react immediately when she's angry, as hard as it is, give her space to calm down and then talk about it later. It might be a good idea to suggest counselling too. She's at an age where a lot of hormones are running rampant, but that doesn't excuse her taking it out on you; a cool-headed conversation needs to happen.

What's the question? I see some excitement and gratitude but no specific query - did I miss it? Please elaborate a little so members know what to advise or share and you get the most helpful responses. There are folks here with a lot of insights, experiences and knowledge who can offer great guidance! Let's get started :)

What's the question? I see some excitement and gratitude but no specific query - did I miss it? Please elaborate a little so members know what to advise or share and you get the most helpful responses. There are folks here with a lot of insights, experiences and knowledge who can offer great guidance! Let's get started :)
That's true; my apologies! I'm seeking advice on co-parenting and communication strategies.

My ex-husband and I have been separated for almost 3 years now, and our daughter has been acting out a lot recently - refusing to see her dad, which is very unlike her, as she used to be close to him. She's also become defiant and hostile towards me, which is quite stressful as I'm doing my best to hold things together.

I feel at a loss, honestly; it's hard enough being a single parent without having to deal with this added strain. So yes, any insights or experiences anyone has that could help me navigate this situation would be much appreciated!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu