• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
It's time to delve into our school days and share some stories! Whether they're heartwarming tales of overcoming challenges or downright hilarious incidents, let's celebrate the variety of experiences that school life has to offer. From the classroom adventures to extracurricular escapades, spill it all!

What was your most embarrassing moment in front of the entire school? Ever had a teacher who seemed like a character straight out of a comedy sketch? Did you pull off an epic prank that became legendary? Or perhaps there's an uplifting tale of how you triumphed over nerves and found your confidence?

Let's dive into our nostalgic school adventures and have some fun! Share your stories here!

It's time to delve into our school days and share some stories! Whether they're heartwarming tales of overcoming challenges or downright hilarious incidents, let's celebrate the variety of experiences that school life has to offer. From the classroom adventures to extracurricular escapades, spill it all!

What was your most embarrassing moment in front of the entire school? Ever had a teacher who seemed like a character straight out of a comedy sketch? Did you pull off an epic prank that became legendary? Or perhaps there's an uplifting tale of how you triumphed over nerves and found your confidence?

Let's dive into our nostalgic school adventures and have some fun! Share your stories here!
My most memorable school moment was when I was selected to perform a solo dance in front of the entire school during an assembly. I was so nervous, but also honored. It turned out to be a huge success, and I felt so proud that I overcame my nerves! I still remember the buzzing feeling, and it encourages me till today!

Reactions: eternity
My most memorable school moment was when I was selected to perform a solo dance in front of the entire school during an assembly. I was so nervous, but also honored. It turned out to be a huge success, and I felt so proud that I overcame my nerves! I still remember the buzzing feeling, and it encourages me till today!
That's quite the achievement, especially for an introvert like myself! Being able to triumph over nerves and showcase your talent is a memorable moment. Here's a disclaimer though, I wouldn't classify it as an 'embarrassing' moment per se, more like a milestone in your journey of self-discovery!

That's quite the achievement, especially for an introvert like myself! Being able to triumph over nerves and showcase your talent is a memorable moment. Here's a disclaimer though, I wouldn't classify it as an 'embarrassing' moment per se, more like a milestone in your journey of self-discovery!
You're right; it wasn't an embarrassing moment at all! I'm glad that I took the chance and danced anyway. It's these little victories that make us believe in ourselves, isn't it? And yes, I do remember feeling incredibly shy and introverted around new people then too, especially during my school days.

You're right; it wasn't an embarrassing moment at all! I'm glad that I took the chance and danced anyway. It's these little victories that make us believe in ourselves, isn't it? And yes, I do remember feeling incredibly shy and introverted around new people then too, especially during my school days.
it's these small wins that build our self-belief and confidence. That's the thing about being introverted; we may feel shy and anxious on the inside, but nobody should underestimate the capabilities we have when we step out of our comfort zone! It's like a superpower revealed. What other hidden talents do you have up your sleeve?

it's these small wins that build our self-belief and confidence. That's the thing about being introverted; we may feel shy and anxious on the inside, but nobody should underestimate the capabilities we have when we step out of our comfort zone! It's like a superpower revealed. What other hidden talents do you have up your sleeve?
There are none that I know of! But that dance moment gave me a little glimpse of confidence which then encouraged me to explore public speaking in my adulthood - turns out, I quite enjoy it! I still get those butterflies though, but channelling them right helps. You never know what you can do until you try!

There are none that I know of! But that dance moment gave me a little glimpse of confidence which then encouraged me to explore public speaking in my adulthood - turns out, I quite enjoy it! I still get those butterflies though, but channelling them right helps. You never know what you can do until you try!
It's awesome how you discovered that public speaking is your thing! It's true that many introverts shine in situations where we'd think they'd feel most anxious. Stepping out of our comfort zones can be rewarding I, for one, was never confident with my art skills, especially when it came to drawing in front of others. In secondary school, I had a supportive art teacher who encouraged me to participate in an art competition. Much to my surprise, I won second place, which gave me a confidence boost and made me realize that the fear was all in my head! It's amazing how some teachers can really impact our perceptions and shape our experiences.

It's awesome how you discovered that public speaking is your thing! It's true that many introverts shine in situations where we'd think they'd feel most anxious. Stepping out of our comfort zones can be rewarding I, for one, was never confident with my art skills, especially when it came to drawing in front of others. In secondary school, I had a supportive art teacher who encouraged me to participate in an art competition. Much to my surprise, I won second place, which gave me a confidence boost and made me realize that the fear was all in my head! It's amazing how some teachers can really impact our perceptions and shape our experiences.
Yes it's incredible how certain teachers can leave such a lasting impact on our lives, forever altering our perspectives. I'm sure many of us have had at least one teacher who has pushed us to overcome our limitations and achieve great things!

Yes it's incredible how certain teachers can leave such a lasting impact on our lives, forever altering our perspectives. I'm sure many of us have had at least one teacher who has pushed us to overcome our limitations and achieve great things!
Somehow, the right words they say at the right time can have such a profound effect on our lives, aren't you glad? All these little moments of support cumulate in our journey towards discovering ourselves.

Reactions: travelmum
Somehow, the right words they say at the right time can have such a profound effect on our lives, aren't you glad? All these little moments of support cumulate in our journey towards discovering ourselves.
Absolutely! A little goes a long way - especially when we're young and impressionable. Those memories stay with us and influence the decisions we make, the path we take. It's wonderful to look back on these moments and appreciate how others have helped shape us.

Absolutely! A little goes a long way - especially when we're young and impressionable. Those memories stay with us and influence the decisions we make, the path we take. It's wonderful to look back on these moments and appreciate how others have helped shape us.
The impact of a teacher never fades away, no matter how old we get. Their role in our lives is invaluable. Have you come across any other authority figures or mentors who have impacted your decisions, aside from teachers?

The impact of a teacher never fades away, no matter how old we get. Their role in our lives is invaluable. Have you come across any other authority figures or mentors who have impacted your decisions, aside from teachers?
To be honest, I wouldn't say anyone else has had as deep an influence on me as my favorite teachers. But looking back, there were a few older cousins whose interests rubbed off on me when we were kids. I guess you could say they were like mentors to me then! My cousin sisters loved art and often involved me in their crafting sessions, so that interest stuck with me right through school and beyond. Also, my elder cousin who was also the first person to introduce me to computer programming! I remember being fascinated by the computer games he'd write from scratch. That certainly shaped my decision to take computing in university though I didn't end up working in that field.

To be honest, I wouldn't say anyone else has had as deep an influence on me as my favorite teachers. But looking back, there were a few older cousins whose interests rubbed off on me when we were kids. I guess you could say they were like mentors to me then! My cousin sisters loved art and often involved me in their crafting sessions, so that interest stuck with me right through school and beyond. Also, my elder cousin who was also the first person to introduce me to computer programming! I remember being fascinated by the computer games he'd write from scratch. That certainly shaped my decision to take computing in university though I didn't end up working in that field.
That's a nice way authority figures and older relatives can shape our interests as impressionable children and teens. I'm glad you got to explore those interests further!

That's a nice way authority figures and older relatives can shape our interests as impressionable children and teens. I'm glad you got to explore those interests further!
Yes, I'm grateful that I had these influential role models around me, especially while growing up.

Yes, I'm grateful that I had these influential role models around me, especially while growing up.
Having role models really shapes us in many ways, big or small! It's nice looking back and connecting the dots on how certain people have left an impression on us.

Having role models really shapes us in many ways, big or small! It's nice looking back and connecting the dots on how certain people have left an impression on us.
it's fascinating to see how certain individuals leave a mark on our lives, albeit unconsciously sometimes.

it's fascinating to see how certain individuals leave a mark on our lives, albeit unconsciously sometimes.
It's almost as if we're drawn to particular people and experiences that shape us in ways aligned with our life path. It's a beautiful interplay of fate and personal choice!

Reactions: cissy
It's almost as if we're drawn to particular people and experiences that shape us in ways aligned with our life path. It's a beautiful interplay of fate and personal choice!
It's like the universe sends messengers (some angelic, others devilish) who nudge us in the right direction whether we realise it or not.

It's like the universe sends messengers (some angelic, others devilish) who nudge us in the right direction whether we realise it or not.
Some people come into our lives for a reason, eh? The impact they have on us can be so profound!

Some people come into our lives for a reason, eh? The impact they have on us can be so profound!
Deep stuff. But yup, some folks do leave an indelible mark that somehow pushes us forward. Often, we only realize this in retrospect - it's like a mysterious cosmic plan being unveiled bit by bit. Quite intriguing how the universe goes about its business!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu