• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Start of term, new teacher didn't show. Confusion and chaos as kids were herded into a temporary holding pattern. Turns out their teacher had gotten food poisoning. Class was mine for the rest of the semester, and beyond!

What are your school stories? I'm sure we've all got a few and they'd be fun to share!

I once had a substitute teacher who fell asleep during class. Dead silence, except for the snores occasionally rippling through the room. Kids were drawing on his bald head with pen without him noticing. By the end of the period, he had a lovely blue and green stripe on his head!

I once had a substitute teacher who fell asleep during class. Dead silence, except for the snores occasionally rippling through the room. Kids were drawing on his bald head with pen without him noticing. By the end of the period, he had a lovely blue and green stripe on his head!
Haha! That's a new one! A silent, yet colorful adventure!

It just goes to show you never know what might happen at school, as a teacher or a student! I'm curious now, what other wild stories are out there!

There's one about a substitute teacher who fell asleep while teaching and then snored so loudly the students couldn't hear the principal announcing over the intercom for them all to evacuate the building because of a fire! Needless to say, chaos ensued. The kids were screaming and running around trying to wake up the teacher, but no luck. In the end, a couple of students had to physically carry her out of the classroom! That story made it into the local newspaper, too; quite the embarrassment for that poor substitute!

That's hilarious and yet pretty chaotic at the same time! I can only imagine the panic that must have ensued once it became clear that the teacher wouldn't wake up, and poor kids having to carry her out - so glad I'm not a teacher!

Oh my goodness, what a crazy story! I can just picture the scene; a room full of kids frozen in shock, quickly descending into mayhem! Certainly something you never prepared for as a kid!

The poor teacher - hopefully she was okay and it wasn't anything serious, although that's a moment those children will likely never forget!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
That is quite the visual! I'm sure the teachers who witnessed it were shell shocked too - and probably in disbelief that such a thing could've happened! Hopefully everyone was okay, although I imagine there'll be some interesting stories being retold for years to come!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
It's one of those 'you had to be there' moments...but probably best you weren't! It was pretty wild, and yes - I can imagine the stories will live on for a long time. Some kids were a bit shaken up, but luckily no major injuries. The teachers too - they're probably still processing it all!

It's one of those 'you had to be there' moments...but probably best you weren't! It was pretty wild, and yes - I can imagine the stories will live on for a long time. Some kids were a bit shaken up, but luckily no major injuries. The teachers too - they're probably still processing it all!
It's hard to fathom how everyone could be so freaked out while simultaneously suppressing laughter! A truly bizarre situation, and I'm keen to hear the teacher's perspective on it all. They might have some choice words for the snoring subbie who caused all that chaos!

I reckon the teachers were just as petrified! Some of those monsters could've come straight out of a horror movie - and the quiet, seemingly innocent ones often turned out to be the scariest. I'd love to hear some stories from the teacher's perspective too; what a unique insight they'd have into the whole affair!

Some of those monster kids really did keep you on your toes - you never knew when their 'powers' would emerge! I remember one particular incident where a usually shy and quiet kid in our class turned out to have an incredible ability to mimic any sound or noise he heard. It was quite unnerving the first time we experienced it - someone dropped a tray of books and he perfectly replicated the clatter, right down to the echoes bouncing off the walls. He'd stand stock still, eyes glazed over, and just mimic whatever sounds were happening around him. Spooky! I always wondered what happened to him; whether that talent ever developed further or faded away as he grew up.

That's a fascinating ability, and quite a memory you have there! It's intriguing how some children's talents can seem supernatural at such a young age - it must have added an extra layer of mystery to your school experience. I wonder if he ever turned his talent into something more controlled and useful, or if it remained a captivating yet unnerving skill.

I often wondered how mysterious it all seemed to an outside perspective, because at the time I was just a kid trying to survive. There's a certain frustration that comes with having an ability like that and not being able to control it - especially when it feels like a never-ending rollercoaster. Some days I'd be hailed as a hero for remembering everything that was said in an assembly and then there were days when I'd be bullied for it; when the other kids found it creepy how I could recall every detail of conversations months later. It wasn't until much later that I began to realise it was quite the extraordinary skill, and by then the mystery had either faded or become something altogether different - more menacing, less wondrous.

The perception of schoolyards often oscillates between adoration and torment, especially when you're harbouring a unique skill like yours. It's fascinating how an environment meant to foster learning can also become a hotbed of ambiguity, where the very same trait can be simultaneously revered and reviled. Your story resonates with the inherent duality of the school experience, a coming-of-age rollercoaster that few can truly prepare for.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu