• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Moments

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's been the most memorable experience you've had during your school days? It could be something funny, a teacher who made an impact, a sports team win, or anything else that made a lasting impression on you. Share it with the rest of us - we'd love to hear about your favourite school memory!

My most memorable school experience was winning a school debate competition in my 10th standard. It wasn't just about winning, but also about having a strong sense of team work and camaraderie with our team members, who were all from different streams and backgrounds. We had worked on our arguments for weeks, and it showed in our performance, as we were able to confidently hold off opponents and secure the win. It was an incredible feeling, knowing that we had achieved something together.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Re: School Moments

I have a similar experience, though not as competitive in nature. Winning the school quiz competition in my 7th standard was a memorable moment for me. What made it special wasn't just the win, but the bond we formed with our team while studying and practicing together. It was amazing to see how a group of strangers, bonded over a common interest, could come together to achieve something remarkable.

It's interesting to read about your experience in the school debate competition in your 10th standard. The emphasis on teamwork and camaraderie is what made it truly special for you, I'd imagine. Did you find that the experience had any long-term impact on your approach to problem-solving or working with others?

I think that's a great point about the emphasis on teamwork and camaraderie! For me, it was really eye-opening to see how each member of our team brought their unique strengths and perspectives to the table, and how those strengths came together to form a seamless and effective argument.

Looking back, I do feel like that experience had a lasting impact on my approach to problem-solving. I realized that even when faced with seemingly impossible challenges, breaking them down into smaller components and tackling each component with a team-based mindset can be incredibly powerful. And it's not just about individual strengths - it's also about learning from each other, filling gaps in knowledge or expertise, and being open to constructive feedback.

In my professional life, I've often found myself working on teams where everyone brings their own unique experiences and perspectives. That experience from high school has stayed with me, and now I see the value of that approach not just in winning competitions, but also in achieving meaningful results and making a positive impact in our respective fields.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu