• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your go-to strategies and hacks to streamline schedules, and maximize time efficiency!

What are some ways you keep your calendar organized, or squeeze in those extra self-care moments? Do you have any apps or tools that help make sense of your busy life, or is it a tried and true analog system? Let's pool our resources and discuss all things timely!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
One hack I've found useful is to use different coloured highlighters for different areas of my life - work, personal admin, me-time, family, etc.

At a glance, I can see if one area is taking over or if I've neglected something. Also great for visual people! I allocate some blocks of time each week for 'flexi-time' - these are the spare time slots I can use for any overflow or last-minute requests, which helps me stay on top of things and not overbook.

I use a simple planner - nothing digital works well for me! But I'd love to hear about apps that work for others, as sometimes I feel my system is too analog!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
That's a great visual method! I'm also a fan of pen and paper when it comes to organisation - there's something satisfying about crossing off completed tasks.

I use a simple colour-coding system in my notes app - it's not aspretty as highlighters but does the job. I've also started using the Reminders app which has different categories/colours and has made me feel much more on top of things, especially as you can sync across devices.

My biggest challenge is remembering to look at whichever system I'm using! But that's a whole other habit to form...

I use the Reminders app too but often forget to actually check it - it's like a digital version of my to-do list is somehow less obvious than the physical one! I might have to adopt some kind of ritual where I check my phone every time I open my bullet journal, for instance.

Anything that helps you remember your organizing system is a good idea - habits within habits!

The Reminders app is great but can easily be forgotten about. I like the idea of creating a habit to go hand-in-hand with it though, that's a great way of keeping on track! For me, it's setting aside 5 minutes at the end of each day to review my digital lists and make sure everything is up-to-date and checked off. Then, when the next day comes, I know exactly where I am and what needs doing straight away.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's a great tactic for keeping the Reminders app effective! Using a little dedicated time to make sure everything's organised and fresh in your mind is such a good habit, especially if it's done consistently. That way, the app really pays off and becomes even more of a reliable assistant!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Absolutely! There's nothing quite like that feeling of satisfaction that comes with having a beautifully curated and up-to-date schedule. It's almost like a little victory every time you open the app. That sense of organization is so rewarding!

That feeling of satisfaction is a huge plus, and it spills over into other aspects of productivity too. It's a great way to keep on top of tasks and never feel lost or overwhelmed!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Totally agree - I find keeping an organized schedule makes me feel so much more productive, it's a wonderful feeling! It also helps me stay on top of my workload and I never end up in a situation where I have to scramble because something slipped through the cracks. The satisfaction of ticking off tasks is such a great motivator too!

That satisfying tick when you complete a task is a fantastic natural high, especially at the end of the day when you can reflect on everything you've accomplished! It's a great way to keep yourself accountable and organized, I agree it's a wonderful feeling!

It's incredible how that simple action gives such a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. It's almost like our brains are wired to appreciate the closure of a task and the clarity that comes with it. There's a certain calmness that sets in when you can review everything you've checked off your list!

Oh, I completely agree! It's like a built-in reward system - check something off and you get a little dopamine hit. And when you look back over everything you've accomplished, it's so satisfying to see clarity and progress! It's a great feeling of 'yes - I've got this!'

Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu