• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your strategies and secrets for streamlining schedules and making the most of your time! Whether it's through organizational hacks, tech solutions or good old-fashioned methods, let's discuss the tips that help you stay on top of your tasks. Kicking off with one of my own: I keep a shared calendar with my family member's timelines so that we can easily coordinate appointments and avoid overlapping commitments - it's a real life saver! What's your go-to method for keeping everything on track?

I'm super forgetful so I totally rely on my phone's reminders and notifications! My brain doesn't always register important dates but having them pop up on my screen definitely helps me remember. And ya, I'm very visual so I also write down everything in a pretty colourful planner - the act of physically writing it down somehow helps the info stick better in my head! It gives me a satisfaction like no other when I can visually see a clear schedule laid out haha!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
I like keeping a physical planner! It's so satisfying to jot down appointments and events in it. I'm old school like that. I also set reminders on my phone for really important dates, like birthdays haha. Digital calendars are just too convenient - you can set them to sync with other family members' calendars too. I find that writing things down helps me remember them better though, plus there's the satisfaction of ticking off completed tasks 😁

I'm a super forgetful person, so my phone's reminders and notes apps are my best friends! They help me remember appointments and events, and I also use them to jot down quick to-do lists.

For bigger projects or tasks that need several steps, I create a simple checklist or use the Task function in my email. Sometimes, if things get really crazy, I resort to the good old pen and paper - there's something satisfying about physically striking off items on a list!

I also make it a point to block out "me time" slots in my calendar. That way, I have dedicated time to recharge and do the things I enjoy, which helps me stay energized and organized!

My family uses the shared calendar method too! It's such a timesaver when it comes to coordinating our busy schedules and ensuring everyone knows about upcoming events or appointments. Everyone in the family has their own unique colour-coding, which makes identifying whose schedule is whose a breeze.

One thing that helps keep our shared calendar efficient is dedicated time for updating and syncing our schedules every week. We usually do it over dinner, where we discuss our plans and commitments for the upcoming week, ensuring everything is up-to-date and accurate. It's also a great way to make sure everyone is on the same page!

Sometimes, I also use reminders apps which have cute reminder tones - they keep me from forgetting any sudden plans or changes!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
I think keeping a shared calendar is such a great idea! My go-to method has always been the good ol’ pen and paper method; jot down appointments, to-dos, and reminders all in one place - simple and effective! But I’m thinking of going digital to step up my organization game. Something low-tech like Google Calendar maybe - any recommendations?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I think keeping a shared calendar is such a great idea! My go-to method has always been the good ol’ pen and paper method; jot down appointments, to-dos, and reminders all in one place - simple and effective! But I’m thinking of going digital to step up my organization game. Something low-tech like Google Calendar maybe - any recommendations?
I've been wanting to go digital too! I'm considering Google Calendar cos it's free and easy to use, plus it syncs across devices which is super handy. But old habits die hard - pen and paper still got its charm somehow! Haha!

The weekly calendar sync-up sessions with the fam over dinner sound like a great idea! Keeps everyone in the loop and ensures that the shared calendar stays up to date.

I find that using different colours for each family member's schedule makes it easier to manage and visualize everyone's commitments too. And I feel you on the reminder apps with cute tones - got to keep those sudden plan changes fresh in memory!

I rely on digital calenders and reminders too but I also keep a physical memo board. Got the idea from my cousin who's super organized. It's one of those simple corkboards with a zillion pins and strings hanging down, each holding a note or reminder card. Anything that needs attention goes up there - it's hard to miss because it's right in front of me while I'm working, and very satisfying to pluck a completed task off the board!

My schedule mainly involves pen and paper, but the absolute game changer for me has been setting reminders on my phone for virtually everything. Setting an alarm or reminder is so quick and easy; I just jot down something simple like “buy milk” as soon as I remember I need to run the errand, then set a few reminders at different times. Sometimes I’ll even set one for later in the day, just so I don’t forget!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu