• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your ultimate tips and hacks to streamline your daily routine and save time!

What are the strategies you swear by to stay organized, efficient, and on schedule? Whether it's a high-tech app or a low-tech notebook that keeps you on track, we want to hear about it.

How do you fit it all in without pulling your hair out? Let's fill this thread with actionable ideas!

I use Google Calendar! It has been a lifesaver in helping me keep track of events, appointments, and even simple to-do lists. I set reminders for everything and it really helps me stay on top of my schedule. Plus, I can access it anywhere since it's linked to my phone and laptop.

Another low-tech method I use is a simple white board in my kitchen. I write down all the meals we plan to have for the week, along with any ingredients I need to buy. That way, I don't have to rack my brains each day deciding what to cook or buy groceries unnecessarily. It's also easy to wipe off and change plans if needed.

I used to rely on post-it notes too, but I found that I'd often misplace them or forget to check them. With these two methods, I'm good to go!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
I use Google Calendar and set reminders for everything! Groceries, meetings, mealtimes, work deadlines, even down to reminding me to drink water every hour haha. The best part is, you can set it up to send notifications to your phone and your email, so I never miss a thing even if I'm out and about without my phone.

For physical to-do lists, I swear by the good ol' Post-It Notes and whiteboards! Can't forget the most important tasks when they're stuck everywhere I look. And I prioritize them according to the Eisenhower Matrix, so I tackle the most urgent and important tasks first. That way, even if I only get through half my list, it's the most impactful items checked off!

I use Google Calendar for work and personal appointments, and it has saved me from double-booking myself so many times! I set reminders for meetings, workouts, and even down to paying bills.

For non-appointments, my go-to hack is keeping a simple notepad and pen by my bed. I jot down actionable to-dos that I can quickly cross off later - it gives me clarity when I'm winding down or gearing up for the day. Keeping the physical list also means I don't clutter my digital spaces with trivial tasks.

Oh, and I've started preparing my outfit and meal prep containers for the next day before bedtime. Less decisions to make in the morning, and it's one less thing to think about!

I think the key is to just keep things simple. My go-to is using reminders on my phone - the ones that come with the operating system itself. They're easy peasy to set up and I can create recurring ones for stuff like bill payments. For other reminders, I just set them close to the due date so I don't forget.

I also batch similar tasks together to make them more manageable. Like how I'll do all my online banking or insurance payments in one sitting cause it's such a hassle to log in to different sites. But honestly, sometimes the best way to save time is to just embrace the old school methods - like writing things down on paper. Works for some people! Can't go wrong with notebook and pen.

I also keep a simple notepad and pen on my desk. I jot down quick notes of everything that comes to mind - from blog post ideas to grocery lists. The physical act of writing seems to help commit it better to memory, and it's satisfying to physically strike off the completed tasks too!

My trick is to keep a running list of 3-4 big tasks/projects on the go at any time, so even if I'm waiting around for something or someone, I can quickly dive into action and make some headway during those little gaps in my day.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Make lists! That's my go-to hack for saving time and staying sane. End of day, jot down what needs to be done tmr, prioritize them, and sleep with a clear mind knowing you won't forget any of it. Tick off each item as you accomplish them. Super satisfying!

Also helps to group similar tasks together and set aside dedicated time slots for certain activities, eg back-to-back meetings or admin work. Less juggling means more focus and efficiency!

For me, the key is also setting realistic timelines and priorities. Some things are just not gonna happen today so better to push them to tomorrow, especially if they're nice-to-haves. Can't stress enough about the importance of clarity on actual must-dos!

I use a planner for work-related tasks and appointments, and it helps me keep everything in one place and organized. I'm old school like that. But I also leverage technology for certain things. For instance, I use reminders on my phone for things like buying groceries or picking up packages from the post office, especially if they close early. I set multiple reminders too, spaced out over time, so I'm reminded even if I don't finish one task.

I find this system helps me manage my time effectively and ensures I don't miss any prior engagements or important tasks that require immediate attention. Plus, there's some satisfaction in physically writing down tasks and ticking them off later!

My other hack is using a slow cooker for dinner. It saves so much hands-on time that I can prepare dinner in the morning or even the night before, and it's ready by the evening. And no, it's not just for stews and soupy meals; you can cook so many things in it! You come home to a fragrant meal and an easy one at that because the food is so tender. You barely need any fancy cutting skills or intense seasoning/saucing - just chuck everything into the pot and let it cook!

For real, having a simple to-do list is so helpful! I use the Notes app on my phone to jot down quick reminders and things I need to remember cause I have the worst memory. It's satisfying to tick off each item when they're done too.

Sometimes, I also prepare my outfit and pack my bag the night before so I'm not rushing around like a madman in the morning. That extra time means everything when you're running late! Haha.

For real, having a simple to-do list is so helpful! I use the Notes app on my phone to jot down quick reminders and things I need to remember cause I have the worst memory. It's satisfying to tick off each item when they're done too.

Sometimes, I also prepare my outfit and pack my bag the night before so I'm not rushing around like a madman in the morning. That extra time means everything when you're running late! Haha.
I'm usually pretty chill, but mealtime is sacrosanct and cannot be missed! I prep my meals in advance and keep them ready in the fridge. That way, when hunger strikes, it's just a matter of warming up the food and enjoying a satisfying meal without the hassle of cooking every time. No last-minute dashes to the grocery store for this cool cucumber!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I rely on my old-school organizer. You know, the physical one with actual paper and tabs. I jot down reminders, to-do lists, and even quick notes on the go. No scrolling needed, no distractions, very efficient especially when you just need to quickly glance at your schedule.

For me, it's also satisfying to physically strike off completed tasks - old school style! Digital apps are good but nothing beats that tactile satisfaction.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: joyful and luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu