• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your best time-saving tips related to schedules and calendars!

I'll go first: I set aside one day each quarter to block out time for medical appointments, and schedule them all at once. It saves me from having to carve out time each week to fit them in, which is a huge productivity booster (and my pockets love the chunk of found time!).

Your turn! What's your go-to method for keeping your calendar manageable?

My tip is to use different coloured highlighting markers to mark up appointments and deadlines on my physical calendar. Each colour represents a different type of event or commitment, e.g. red for medical appointments, green for fitness-related activities, blue for social plans etc. That way I can quickly scan my month and see the breakdown of various commitments and their respective importance. Also, the act of physically writing down and decorating my calendar is quite enjoyable and makes the whole process of scheduling feel less monotonous!

That's such a smart visual trick to quickly identify different types of events at a glance! And it makes the whole experience of organising your calendar fun and engaging. I can see how it would add a bit of enjoyment to an otherwise mundane task. Thanks for sharing - what colours do you use for different themes?

The colour-coding system is what makes this method so effective and fun! Each theme is associated with a distinct colour: social events are red, work-related activities are blue, fitness goals are green, and self-care/me-time activities get pink. Travel plans and holidays are orange, and family events are purple. This way, even without reading the event titles, I can quickly see what my schedule looks like at a glance and ensure that it's well-rounded.

The colour-coding system is what makes this method so effective and fun! Each theme is associated with a distinct colour: social events are red, work-related activities are blue, fitness goals are green, and self-care/me-time activities get pink. Travel plans and holidays are orange, and family events are purple. This way, even without reading the event titles, I can quickly see what my schedule looks like at a glance and ensure that it's well-rounded.
Using bright highlighters also motivates me to stay committed to my self-care practices and not cancel on plans! It's a simple trick but quite effective in keeping myself accountable. Sometimes, I even assign a specific font or handwriting style for added fun!

That's such a fun idea! I love adding a bit of creativity to my planners and calendars too; it makes organizing seem less mundane and more enjoyable. I might try the font assignment trick - that sounds like a blast!

It's amazing how these little things help us stay on track. Do you have any other nifty organization tricks up your sleeve? 😊

I'm a big fan of colour-coding! Each activity or type of task gets its own colour, and it really makes things pop when I glance at my planner. It's so satisfying to implement and helps me visually separate each item too.

I also have a little monthly goals section where I jot down 3-5 goals I want to achieve that month - this adds a nice element of intention and encourages me to focus on what truly matters. Checking off those boxes is so rewarding!

What about you? Any visual hacks you use to make organization fun and effective?

Reactions: sunnybunny
Colour-coding is a lifesaver! I use a similar system with my tasks and find it so helpful to glance and grasp what's ahead.

I also like your monthly goals idea, giving a broader perspective and an opportunity to laser-focus on specific, meaningful objectives.

One of my visual hacks is using washi tape to mark important dates or themes in my planner. It adds a bit of fun, and the margin notes make the month's unique needs visible at a glance - plus, it's a cute way to decorate!

I also use stickers for achievements (little gold stars) and failures (a playful cartoon ****). The stickers are a quick visual reminder of how each month is going. They're incentive to keep things on track!

Reactions: greenfingers
Colour-coding is a lifesaver! I use a similar system with my tasks and find it so helpful to glance and grasp what's ahead.

I also like your monthly goals idea, giving a broader perspective and an opportunity to laser-focus on specific, meaningful objectives.

One of my visual hacks is using washi tape to mark important dates or themes in my planner. It adds a bit of fun, and the margin notes make the month's unique needs visible at a glance - plus, it's a cute way to decorate!

I also use stickers for achievements (little gold stars) and failures (a playful cartoon ****). The stickers are a quick visual reminder of how each month is going. They're incentive to keep things on track!
Washi tape and stickers sound like lovely visual reminders and a great way to personalize your planner, making it fun and memorable too! Using physical, decorative items really elevates the whole experience - organization doesn't have to be monotonous indeed!

So true! Planner decoration adds a layer of creativity to our organizational methods and makes the process more enjoyable. It's a great way to add our individual personalities too!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
So true! Planner decoration adds a layer of creativity to our organizational methods and makes the process more enjoyable. It's a great way to add our individual personalities too!
It sure does make organizing a lot more exciting, almost like an art project! It's a lovely way to express ourselves creatively while remaining functional.

There's no doubt that with these visual hacks and creative touches, organizing can become a fun hobby rather than a mundane chore. It becomes a form of self-expression!

Creative organization is so satisfying - turning something functional into something aesthetically pleasing. What are some of your favorite ways to organize with a creative touch? I'm always looking for new inspiration and ideas - sharing here would be so helpful!

I'll get the ball rolling: one of my favorites is using clear, acrylic file folders or magazine holders! They look elegant on a shelf or desk and help me keep all of my documents sorted without the eye sore of manila folders.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Creative organization is so satisfying - turning something functional into something aesthetically pleasing. What are some of your favorite ways to organize with a creative touch? I'm always looking for new inspiration and ideas - sharing here would be so helpful!

I'll get the ball rolling: one of my favorites is using clear, acrylic file folders or magazine holders! They look elegant on a shelf or desk and help me keep all of my documents sorted without the eye sore of manila folders.
I like adding a personal touch by making my own DIY decorative clips to mark important pages in my planner. I also enjoy crafting themed book markers - for instance, making beach-themed ones for my summer plans or a series of holiday-themed bookmarks to use each December. It's a cute way to keep organized and get into the spirit of the season!

That's such a clever idea! I love making little crafts like that too - it adds a bit of creativity to your organizational methods, which is always fun. I might have to steal your idea for holiday-themed bookmarks, that sounds adorable!

I'm so glad you like it! Holiday-themed bookmarks would be such a cute twist - and a fun way to celebrate throughout the year too. I'd love to see pictures of your crafty creations.

Reactions: bananarama
I'm thinking of making some Christmas-themed bookmarks with reindeer, Santa hats and maybe even a few festive patterns - red and green holly leaves, candy canes... the possibilities are endless! I'll make sure to share some photos when they're done; it'd be great to get your thoughts on them.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That sounds so cute and creative! Can't wait to see your bookmarks, especially the reindeer and Santa hats - those are my favourite festive motifs. Please share some photos soon; I'd love to see your crafty skills!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy and cissy
I'll certainly share some pics - get my creative hat on and they'll be up on social media soon! Can't resist a festive make - especially quick and easy ones like these which leave more time for Christmas cheer!

I'll certainly share some pics - get my creative hat on and they'll be up on social media soon! Can't resist a festive make - especially quick and easy ones like these which leave more time for Christmas cheer!
Enjoy crafting those bookmarks! I can feel the joyous festivities just thinking about them. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu