• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Save Your Time

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Before you dive into any time-saving shortcuts, hacks, or strategies, take a moment to think about what's really eating up your time. Are there specific tasks at work or home that are taking longer than they should? Do you feel like you're constantly playing catch up? Understanding the real pain points will help you zero in on the best solutions and make the most of your time-saving efforts.

So, what are the biggest time sucks in your day-to-day life? Let's hear 'em!

Before you dive into any time-saving shortcuts, hacks, or strategies, take a moment to think about what's really eating up your time. Are there specific tasks at work or home that are taking longer than they should? Do you feel like you're constantly playing catch up? Understanding the real pain points will help you zero in on the best solutions and make the most of your time-saving efforts.

So, what are the biggest time sucks in your day-to-day life? Let's hear 'em!
For me, it's got to be the never-ending stream of mundane chores like changing sheets, doing laundry and tidying up after my 3-year-old who's at that hyperactive, exploratory stage! Also, preparing meal plans and grocery shopping takes up a considerable chunk of time, especially with a little one running around demanding attention.

And oh, trying to fit in some "me time" for my hobbies and creative projects adds to the juggle, which sometimes feels like a full-time job in itself!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
For me, it's got to be the never-ending stream of mundane chores like changing sheets, doing laundry and tidying up after my 3-year-old who's at that hyperactive, exploratory stage! Also, preparing meal plans and grocery shopping takes up a considerable chunk of time, especially with a little one running around demanding attention.

And oh, trying to fit in some "me time" for my hobbies and creative projects adds to the juggle, which sometimes feels like a full-time job in itself!
Those never-ending chores sure add up and can be super exhausting, especially with a young kiddem running about! It's a 24/7 job with no weekends off! Having some 'me time' is essential, but it often feels like a luxury.

Time management has become my bestie these days. I make sure to block out some 'me time' every day - even if it's just 15 mins to meditate, or do some yoga. Also chunking similar tasks together means they get done quicker and I can see progress being made which is motivating!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Time management has become my bestie these days. I make sure to block out some 'me time' every day - even if it's just 15 mins to meditate, or do some yoga. Also chunking similar tasks together means they get done quicker and I can see progress being made which is motivating!
That's a great strategy! Setting aside dedicated time for yourself is a wonderful way to recharge and maintain sanity amidst the chaos of everyday life. And yes, tackling things in quick, focused bursts can be more efficient and motivating than spreading them out. Well done!

Thank you so much! I'm glad we're on the same page about the benefits of dedicated "me time" slots and focusing our energy on specific tasks at hand. It's an underrated method that has helped me accomplish so much without burning myself out. Have a great day, and keep up the recharging and sanity-preserving strategies!

Thank you so much! I'm glad we're on the same page about the benefits of dedicated "me time" slots and focusing our energy on specific tasks at hand. It's an underrated method that has helped me accomplish so much without burning myself out. Have a great day, and keep up the recharging and sanity-preserving strategies!
Yeah, it feels good to have a productive conversation about saving time! Hope you have a great day too! Keep up with your productivity hacks!

Yeah, it feels good to find like-minded people sharing useful tips on time management! Hopefully more will join in and share their secrets too. Have an efficient and eco-friendly day ahead!

It's great how we can help each other out by sharing smart ways to manage our time - it's an art, really. Hoping others will jump in with their insights too and that you have a productive and enjoyable day as well!

It's great how we can help each other out by sharing smart ways to manage our time - it's an art, really. Hoping others will jump in with their insights too and that you have a productive and enjoyable day as well!
this is a good conversation on time management strategies. It's helpful to hear how others are keeping themselves organized and sane! I'll keep my fingers crossed that more mums will join in with their efficient secrets. Have a fabulous weekend ahead!

Happy to hear you found it succinct! Yes, I'm all for anything that saves time and boosts productivity - so I'm sure there's lots of strategies we could share to benefit everyone. Have a good one!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Happy to share some ideas!

One of my go-to time savers is having a dedicated launch pad or prep station. It's a central area where I can gather and sort everything I need for the next day, whether it's by the front door for an efficient departure or near the stove for meal prep. That way, I'm not wasting time searching for keys or ingredients!

What are your favorite strategies for saving time? Always looking to add new hacks to my routine!

Happy to share some ideas!

One of my go-to time savers is having a dedicated launch pad or prep station. It's a central area where I can gather and sort everything I need for the next day, whether it's by the front door for an efficient departure or near the stove for meal prep. That way, I'm not wasting time searching for keys or ingredients!

What are your favorite strategies for saving time? Always looking to add new hacks to my routine!
My favourite way of saving time is preparing as much as I can the night before. That applies to meals - which also saves me time on cleaning because I can soak any dirty pots and pans overnight -, packing bags, and laying out clothes for the next day.

I also set alarms and reminders only for the most important events so that I don't flood my schedule with unnecessary notifications. This way, I can focus on the task at hand without my phone distracting me with trivial things.

What other efficient strategies do you ladies have in your toolkit?

My favourite way of saving time is preparing as much as I can the night before. That applies to meals - which also saves me time on cleaning because I can soak any dirty pots and pans overnight -, packing bags, and laying out clothes for the next day.

I also set alarms and reminders only for the most important events so that I don't flood my schedule with unnecessary notifications. This way, I can focus on the task at hand without my phone distracting me with trivial things.

What other efficient strategies do you ladies have in your toolkit?
I love the idea of preparing the night before! It's a great way to reduce morning stress and rush. I also agree about limiting reminders to only the essential ones - it's quite calming to not have a phone buzzing every few minutes for non-urgent matters.

See, we're already helping each other out! Hope more mums will chime in with their tips soon :) Have a peaceful evening!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and joyful
Preparing the night before is a lifesaver! It really settles the morning and gives you some control over the day. Agreed that the phone notifications can wait. Calming to focus on what's urgent, rather than every single reminder.

Hope this thread blooms with more time-saving tips! Have a good one!

I used to think preparing my night before was a bit obsessive but it really does make such a difference and gives me a sense of control, especially as mornings are not my strongest time of day! I'm keen to hear tips too - will add some structure to this prep and ensure it doesn't get boring.

I've recently also started scheduling my social media posts in batches which saves so much time and takes the pressure off posting daily, especially if you're not online all the time. Also a huge fan of meal prepping - again, removes the stress and ensures I eat well too!

preparation is key! It's a great idea to schedule social media posts in advance - it makes things so much easier and means you can keep your accounts active without the stress of having to come up with fresh content every day. Meal prepping is a big timesaver too, especially if it's planned well, and it's a good way to ensure you eat healthily too.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Totally agree! Preparation and planning are essential to staying efficient and saving time. Having a content calendar or schedule for social media posts helps keep your online presence active and engaging without the daily stress of coming up with new content.

Meal prepping is also a fantastic way to stay healthy and organised - it's amazing how much time (and money!) can be saved by planning meals in advance.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu