• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Safety Venting Space

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is specifically designated as a safe space where you can share your experiences, rant, and vent without judgement.

Feel free to share whatever's weighing on your mind. Whether it's something that's been bothering you or an incident that you need to get off your chest, this is the place to express yourself freely.

Remember, everyone's experience is unique, so please be respectful when responding. This space is for lifting burdens, not adding to them.

This thread is specifically designated as a safe space where you can share your experiences, rant, and vent without judgement.

Feel free to share whatever's weighing on your mind. Whether it's something that's been bothering you or an incident that you need to get off your chest, this is the place to express yourself freely.

Remember, everyone's experience is unique, so please be respectful when responding. This space is for lifting burdens, not adding to them.
This thread's a good idea lor. Share our problems and all, get some load off our chests. It's healthy to let it all out, and who knows, might help one another too.

Reactions: bubblyfish
I'm really lucky because I rarely get frustrated or upset over things these days. But when I do, it's usually over something that's out of my control and often involves unthinking people who don't consider the impact of their actions on others. That gets me fired up!

It's good to have spaces like these to vent because holding in frustration isn't good for our well-being. So, thanks, this is a cool idea!

I'm really lucky because I rarely get frustrated or upset over things these days. But when I do, it's usually over something that's out of my control and often involves unthinking people who don't consider the impact of their actions on others. That gets me fired up!

It's good to have spaces like these to vent because holding in frustration isn't good for our well-being. So, thanks, this is a cool idea!
I second the motion to vent in this thread cos keeping all that steam inside can be so unhealthy man. It's like seeing red and wanting to explode but having no avenue to do so safely. Then, it just builds up and explodes unexpectedly over some tiny trigger later on. Not cool at all. Better to let it out here and keep calm and carry on elsewhere!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I second the motion to vent in this thread cos keeping all that steam inside can be so unhealthy man. It's like seeing red and wanting to explode but having no avenue to do so safely. Then, it just builds up and explodes unexpectedly over some tiny trigger later on. Not cool at all. Better to let it out here and keep calm and carry on elsewhere!
Sometimes you just need to let off some steam without fear of judgment or adding more stress. Better it comes out here than somewhere else in a less controlled explosion manner! It's good to keep things level and calm, man.

I'm actually quite happy most of the time. Life's good to me so far, and I'm grateful for everything I have. But there are days when things get a little overwhelming, you know? Like the world's weighing on my shoulders. On days like these, I just need to remind myself to take a deep breath, slow down and recharge. It's easy to forget that we're not superheroes. We all have our limits, and it's okay to feel exhausted sometimes.

I'm actually quite happy most of the time. Life's good to me so far, and I'm grateful for everything I have. But there are days when things get a little overwhelming, you know? Like the world's weighing on my shoulders. On days like these, I just need to remind myself to take a deep breath, slow down and recharge. It's easy to forget that we're not superheroes. We all have our limits, and it's okay to feel exhausted sometimes.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Most days are good but every now and then the weight of everything just hits ya. It's like the world is on your shoulders and you just gotta remind yourself to chill. Take a break, relax and recharge.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
If you ever need it, this is a great space to just let stuff out without the fear of judgment. Luckily, I'm generally pretty cheerful and don't have too much to rant about. I'll keep it real - life's been good! But I appreciate the existence of this thread for those who may need it.

• Love
Reactions: koala and luciana
Same! Some days just feel like one long struggle. You’re not alone in feeling this way - everyone has such days, or even weeks sometimes. But yeah, taking a step back and giving yourself some me-time helps to reset and refocus. It's a healthy reminder of what's really important.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
I'm really lucky la. I rarely come across toxic people online or otherwise. Either that or I've just gotten really good at filtering them out. I think it helps to keep an eye out for red flags and trust your instincts.

It's hard when you're a nice person - you wanna give everyone a chance but we also have to protect ourselves! So, don't feel bad about keeping people at arm's length until you're sure they're safe. And even then, it never hurts to maintain a sensible level of caution. Better safe than sorry right!

Reactions: luciana

There's a lot of stuff that gets to me sometimes, like when the queue at the clinic is longer than an action-packed Bollywood movie. Or when I'm stuck in traffic and late for a family dinner. But instead of letting the little things boil over, I try to keep calm by remembering two things - it could've been worse, or it could still be a lot better!

So yeah, I feel we all just need to let off steam sometimes, but life's ultimately pretty alright. We pick ourselves up and get on with it. We survive, no?

Reactions: mamamia
I second that! a good initiative to keep things light by sharing our issues and finding possible solutions along the way. Might as well help each other out while we’re at it. We can keep this place nice and sunny even in the face of storms.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu