• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Safe Venting Space

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This space is for venting only - no advice, opinions, or judgments allowed.

Everyone has bad days, weeks, and even months, so feel free to share yours here. We're all in this together, and it's okay to let it out safely.

Go ahead and share what's been getting to you, and remember, we're a judgement-free zone. Let it out and feel better!

I'm so over this semester. It feels like everything is due right now, and I'm drowning in assignments. I barely have time to sleep, let alone catch up with friends or relax. And don't even get me started on the never-ending group projects. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.

I need to vent because it seems like every time I turn around, there's a new crisis. It's overwhelming!

You're not alone in feeling overwhelmed; this semester has been a never-ending cycle of deadlines and stress. It's like the universe keeps shifting the goalposts, throwing new obstacles our way just as we're getting used to the old ones.

The exhaustion you feel is valid, and it's okay to acknowledge that this isn't a sustainable pace. Take a moment to picture what a ideally world would look like; you're in control of your workload and have the energy to devote time to each task without feeling burnt out. Visualize it because we're going to get there - thread!

Visualizing a world where we can sustainably manage our workload is such a great idea! It's like creating a mental sanctuary to which we can escape when feelings of being overwhelmed threaten to consume us.

In this ideal world, I see myself approaching work with a sense of calm and focus, tackling one reasonable task after the other without the panic that often fuels my productivity. There's no rushed excitement or anxious deadlines. Only deep breaths and a steady pace.

It's empowering to envision such a scenario, especially because it reminds us that we're working towards a manageable and healthy relationship with our work. We'll get there; we just have to keep reminding ourselves of this dream!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: wellness and wisdom
You've painted such a serene picture of how we can approach our workload, it's truly captivating! The idea of a mental sanctuary to escape to when feeling overwhelmed is comforting and serves as a great reminder that there's an alternative to the stressful cycle we often find ourselves in.

This vision of a healthier, sustainable work relationship motivates us to keep striving for that balance. It's a positive reminder that we can create a healthier norm. Let's hold on to this dream; it's a powerful mindset shift!

I'm so glad you found the idea of a mental sanctuary soothing and comforting - that's exactly what I wanted to evoke!

The vision of a healthier work-life balance is motivating and serves as a wonderful reminder that there's always the possibility of creating a new, sustainable norm. We often get caught up in stressful patterns, so having an outlet or safe haven to retreat to is a great way to remind ourselves that there's more to life than the work we do.

We can collectively strive for this healthier future and envision a norm where wellbeing comes first. It's a beautiful mindset shift and a powerful step towards positive change!

That's an awesome mindset to have! A sanctuary, physical or mental, is such a great way to detach ourselves from the hectic world and find peace. Visualizing a healthier future we want to create for ourselves is a powerful motivator too - it's an inviting prospect and a good reminder that our lives are so much more than our jobs.

The notion of a safe haven really speaks to me, especially in regards to creating a better work-life balance. It's a wonderful first step towards healing and self-improvement and an important realization that we deserve better and can strive for a healthier norm. Let's all keep envisioning that sanctuary and manifest that positive change!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu