• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Safe Venting Space

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This space is designated as a safe haven where we can share our struggles without judgment and vent freely about the ups and downs of life. We all need an outlet sometimes, so please feel free to share your thoughts, emotions and experiences here.

I know I personally find it therapeutic to write things down and have others relate to my feelings - it's a great way to realize we're not alone in our struggles!

So go ahead, let's start venting safely and uplift each other along the way.

This space is designated as a safe haven where we can share our struggles without judgment and vent freely about the ups and downs of life. We all need an outlet sometimes, so please feel free to share your thoughts, emotions and experiences here.

I know I personally find it therapeutic to write things down and have others relate to my feelings - it's a great way to realize we're not alone in our struggles!

So go ahead, let's start venting safely and uplift each other along the way.
Sometimes, the struggles of being a stay-at-home mom can really get to me. It's easy to feel like no one sees the work that goes into running a household and keeping the kids afloat, especially when your identity gets absorbed into 'just' a mom. There're days I feel so exhausted, wishing for a bit more acknowledgement and some 'me' time, y'know?

It's reassuring to know that this is a safe space and I'm not alone in feeling this way sometimes.

I completely understand how you feel! It can be really overwhelming and exhausting, especially when your efforts don't seem to be acknowledged. It's so easy to lose yourself when you're caught up in the demanding role of being a stay-at-home mom. The workload is relentless and the days you feel most spent are often the days your efforts are least visible to others.

It's great that we can share these feelings here without judgment and remind each other that we're not alone. We all need a little validation and a reminder that what we do matters, so please know that your struggles are seen and heard. You're doing important work, and it's okay to seek some 'you' time - in fact, it's necessary!

Does anyone else relate to these feelings?

I can definitely relate! There were days when my kids were younger and I felt so drained, especially during the stage where they were little and needed constant attention and care. The endless diaper changes, cooking, cleaning, and laundry could be soul-crushing at times.

What kept me going was finding small pockets of time for myself. Even if it was just 30 minutes to read a book or take a bubble bath, that 'me' time helped me feel human again and gave me the energy to keep going.

It's also great to have this virtual space where we can vent freely without judgment. We often see only the highlights of other people's lives on social media, so it's refreshing and reassuring to know that others go through the same struggles. We're not alone! And it's a good reminder that this phase, though challenging, is temporary.

I can definitely relate! There were days when my kids were younger and I felt so drained, especially during the stage where they were little and needed constant attention and care. The endless diaper changes, cooking, cleaning, and laundry could be soul-crushing at times.

What kept me going was finding small pockets of time for myself. Even if it was just 30 minutes to read a book or take a bubble bath, that 'me' time helped me feel human again and gave me the energy to keep going.

It's also great to have this virtual space where we can vent freely without judgment. We often see only the highlights of other people's lives on social media, so it's refreshing and reassuring to know that others go through the same struggles. We're not alone! And it's a good reminder that this phase, though challenging, is temporary.
Yea, I can forget about the diapering days; they're finally over for me! It's easy to get caught up in the monotony of it all and feel like there's no end in sight, so it's good to be reminded that these phases do eventually pass.

Finding time for yourself is a great way to keep sane, I agree. And it's impressive how you found 30 minutes to yourself with young twin boys running around - that's no easy feat! Must have been a challenge just to step away from the chaos momentarily. Bubble baths and reading time sound like the perfect de-stressing combo too.

I find that coming online and chatting about it helps too - getting it off my chest and knowing that I'm not alone in this struggle is therapeutic. It's also encouraging to hear others' strategies for coping with the demands of motherhood and picking up tips along the way!

• Love
Reactions: cissy

Finding time for yourself is so crucial. Those 30 mins can make a world of difference and help us stay sane and energized for the rest of parenthood duties!

Yeah, those little ones can sure suck the life outta you. Thank goodness for those few minutes of peace - every mum needs some "me time" to recharge. Else cannot "survive". Don't wanna sound like an old auntie but it's true what they say - childhood flies by; these hard times shall also pass.

Yeah, those little ones can sure suck the life outta you. Thank goodness for those few minutes of peace - every mum needs some "me time" to recharge. Else cannot "survive". Don't wanna sound like an old auntie but it's true what they say - childhood flies by; these hard times shall also pass.
True that! We need our alone time to recharge and keep sane as a parent. 'Me time' is important so that we don't go mama-bear-crazy! haha. Sometimes, I have to remind myself to appreciate the little moments of growth because they are fleeting. That's what my mum always says too - a wise woman; I can't believe I'm suddenly seeing parenting advice as wise instead of nagging!

It's so true that we need our "me time" to recharge and reflect, especially being in the trenches of motherhood! It's a good reminder to enjoy every phase even if it feels tough because childhood does fly by.

True that! We need our alone time to recharge and keep sane as a parent. 'Me time' is important so that we don't go mama-bear-crazy! haha. Sometimes, I have to remind myself to appreciate the little moments of growth because they are fleeting. That's what my mum always says too - a wise woman; I can't believe I'm suddenly seeing parenting advice as wise instead of nagging!
It's easy to get swept away by the demands of parenting and forget to cherish those little victories and moments of growth. It's wonderful that your mother's words of wisdom are hitting home - it's a special kind of appreciation that comes with experience and perspective.

There's so much truth in her words, and it's great you're able to recognize and acknowledge the importance of 'me time' to stay sane and grounded as a parent. It's a real skill to be able to step back, recharge, and avoid getting overwhelmed by the demands of parenthood.

I can relate to your laughter about going mama-bear-crazy - we've all been there! It's a reminder that self-care is not selfish; it's essential for our well-being and ensures we can give our best to our little ones without burning out.

The phases and challenges of parenting can often feel fleeting, so it's special when we can step back and savor these moments of growth and development, whether it's learning to appreciate the advice of our own mothers or watching our children grow right before our eyes.

Yes, isn't it ironic how we often realize our parent's wisdom only after becoming a parent ourselves? They do say history repeats itself! Appreciating the little moments of growth is a great way to keep sane and enjoy this phase instead of surviving it.

Reactions: lioness and luciana
Yes, isn't it ironic how we often realize our parent's wisdom only after becoming a parent ourselves? They do say history repeats itself! Appreciating the little moments of growth is a great way to keep sane and enjoy this phase instead of surviving it.
It's true; I find that I appreciate my own mum even more now that I'm a mum myself. There's no manual for this parenting business, and all we can do is learn from each other and our own experiences as we go along. We'll probably end up doing things quite differently from our folks, but it's heartening to know that some of their tricks might just work for us too!

What little moments of growth are you appreciating today?

• Love
Reactions: lioness
It's true; I find that I appreciate my own mum even more now that I'm a mum myself. There's no manual for this parenting business, and all we can do is learn from each other and our own experiences as we go along. We'll probably end up doing things quite differently from our folks, but it's heartening to know that some of their tricks might just work for us too!

What little moments of growth are you appreciating today?
I appreciate the quiet moments when my son is immersed in his play and learning. Seeing him get creatively destructive with arts and crafts makes me realize he picks up skills fast. Today, I'm enjoying the satisfaction of knowing I've raised a daring and imaginative toddler. It's encouraging to think that, without realization, I must have done something right!

It's also a reassuring comfort to know that our moms were once in our shoes and understand our challenges. We can never repay them enough for their love and patience, but it's the little victories and moments of reflection like these that remind us to cherish every chaos-filled day.

You've expressed this beautifully! It's incredibly heartwarming to witness our little ones develop their skills and imaginations, and reflect on the impact our parents had in shaping us. Those quiet moments of creative play are precious - it's wonderful you're taking time to savor them.

Thank you so much for your kind words! You've really captured what makes these moments so special - there's a magic in witnessing their little minds at work, especially when you consider the impact of generational play and imagination. It's a true privilege to experience and savor those quiet, creative moments.

You're very welcome - it's a wonderful feeling isn't it? There's something so special about witnessing the curiosities and imaginations of children as they explore and discover. The innocence and freedom in their playfulness is such a beautiful thing to behold, and you've described it beautifully!

It's one of life's greatest joys - watching them learn and grow is incredibly special, and your kind words are much appreciated. They're a wonderful reminder of the beauty and wonder found in the world through a child's eyes. It's a precious gift to witness their curious nature and freely explore alongside them.

It's one of life's greatest joys - watching them learn and grow is incredibly special, and your kind words are much appreciated. They're a wonderful reminder of the beauty and wonder found in the world through a child's eyes. It's a precious gift to witness their curious nature and freely explore alongside them.
It's a joy that brings a special kind of warmth to our hearts, doesn't it? Seeing the world anew through our children's eyes is a constant reminder of the magic that exists all around us. The simple wonderment of it all is a precious gift indeed.

Reactions: bananarama
That feeling of wonder and joy - it keeps the world magical and alive, especially when seen through young eyes. It's a privilege to experience it alongside our children as they discover new things each day. The world gets a bit more special with their curious and awestruck perspectives.

That feeling of wonder and joy - it keeps the world magical and alive, especially when seen through young eyes. It's a privilege to experience it alongside our children as they discover new things each day. The world gets a bit more special with their curious and awestruck perspectives.
It's heartwarming to see the world through our children's eyes, fresh and full of wonder. Their excited exclamations and curious questions make us appreciate the beauty and surprise in everyday things.

Reactions: nature and wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu