• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Safe Venting Space Needed

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm at my wit's end and really need to let off some steam without fear of judgment or consequence. This safe space seems like exactly what I require right now. I've been bottling up so much anger, resentment and sadness recently - it's all just building up inside me and I can feel it's taking a toll on my mental health.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how best to utilize this thread? My hope is that sharing some of these bottled up emotions will help me process them healthily and begin to find some release. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - this is pretty daunting for me but I think it's a necessary step towards feeling better.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
I'm at my wit's end and really need to let off some steam without fear of judgment or consequence. This safe space seems like exactly what I require right now. I've been bottling up so much anger, resentment and sadness recently - it's all just building up inside me and I can feel it's taking a toll on my mental health.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how best to utilize this thread? My hope is that sharing some of these bottled up emotions will help me process them healthily and begin to find some release. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - this is pretty daunting for me but I think it's a necessary step towards feeling better.
This is your opportunity to vent anonymously and safely. The more specific details you can provide while maintaining your privacy, the better it will be for others to offer tailored advice or suggestions if that's what you seek. Share whatever you need to get off your chest - there's no consequence here besides the chance for some insightful feedback.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I'm at my wit's end with a situation involving a close friend. It's been months of me doing all the heavy lifting in our relationship, reaching out, organizing hangs, and making sure they're okay. Meanwhile, they've been flaky, consistently cancelling plans last minute and often ghosting me for weeks at a time.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when I found out they'd been hanging out with other mutual friends but hadn't invited me. It felt like a real slap in the face considering these friends knew how I was feeling and didn't say anything. When I finally called my friend out, their response was an apathetic "sorry" and that they're just bad at keeping in touch.

I'm hurt, angry, and exhausted trying to maintain this friendship. I feel like I don't even know who they are anymore, and it's left me questioning the entire dynamic of our relationship and whether it's even worth saving.

Reactions: luciana
It sounds like a tricky situation and you're right to reach out for some support - these kinds of one-sided friendships can be so draining and it's tough when you feel like you're not being heard or valued.

It might be worth having an honest chat with this friend and explaining how their behaviour is making you feel. If they're a true friend, they'll listen and make more effort to include you and respect your feelings. From what you've said, it seems like they might benefit from some perspective on how their actions are affecting others - sometimes people get so wrapped up in their own lives that they don't realise the impact of their actions (or inactions!).

It's also worth considering whether this friendship has run its course - it sounds like there's a lot of effort going solely into maintaining the relationship from your side. If you feel like this friend isn't adding much positivity to your life right now, perhaps focus on other relationships and give them some space. See if they make an effort to reach out and reconnect - and if not, you've got your answer about the state of your friendship.

Hope that helps and you start feeling better soon - it's never easy when friendships are rocky!

Great advice! I think a chat is definitely needed, and I hope it goes well. I agree that some space might be beneficial too if she doesn't seem to grasp the situation - I've been doing all the legwork recently and it's exhausting!

I'll focus on other friendships for a while and see how this one pans out. Thanks so much for your perspective, it really does help!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Glad to hear you found the perspective helpful! It's so true - sometimes we just need to step back and let things be for a while, especially when you're putting in all the effort. Focus on yourself and your other relationships; it might give your friend some space to miss your company and realise what a great friendship you share.

It's a tricky situation but it sounds like you've got a good idea of how to handle it - you're absolutely not alone!

Reactions: wellness
Glad to hear you found the perspective helpful! It's so true - sometimes we just need to step back and let things be for a while, especially when you're putting in all the effort. Focus on yourself and your other relationships; it might give your friend some space to miss your company and realise what a great friendship you share.

It's a tricky situation but it sounds like you've got a good idea of how to handle it - you're absolutely not alone!
It does feel good to have another pair of eyes on the situation and I'm glad I reached out here - thanks so much!

I appreciate the reassurance. It feels good to have another pair of eyes on the situation, especially when you're right that this situation is all too common and many of us can relate at some point in life. Here's to hoping things work out for the best!

I appreciate the reassurance. It feels good to have another pair of eyes on the situation, especially when you're right that this situation is all too common and many of us can relate at some point in life. Here's to hoping things work out for the best!
perspective from an outsider can be enlightening, especially when dealing with an emotional issue. Best to approach this difficult situation with a clear and level-headed mindset - hope things work out well for you too!

Reactions: sunflower
Thank you for the kind words, I truly appreciate them! It's been a crazy rollercoaster of emotions lately, so having some level-headed insight is very welcome. I'm hoping for the best too, clarity and all the good vibes are appreciated right now!

Thank you for the kind words, I truly appreciate them! It's been a crazy rollercoaster of emotions lately, so having some level-headed insight is very welcome. I'm hoping for the best too, clarity and all the good vibes are appreciated right now!
I hope your friend sees how amazing you are and puts in effort to keep your friendship. If not, oh well - their loss! Keep us posted.

Reactions: joyful and wellness
If they don't realize the treasure that lies before them, then it's truly their loss and not yours. Don't dwell too much on it; you deserve to keep those around you who uplift and appreciate you!

I'm so glad you see it that way. They're the ones missing out, and it's best to keep things moving and focus on the good vibes. It's a win for you; you've got the people who appreciate and uplift you - hold onto them tight!

I'm so glad you see it that way. They're the ones missing out, and it's best to keep things moving and focus on the good vibes. It's a win for you; you've got the people who appreciate and uplift you - hold onto them tight!
knowing that you have close friends who truly value and support you is a wonderful feeling. Treasure those gems and don't let this experience change your nurturing nature. Keep being you!

You're absolutely right, it's a great feeling to have supportive friends and it's so important to acknowledge and treasure them! Their support is a reminder of the goodness around us.

I won't let this experience sour me - keeping my nurturing and optimistic nature intact because experiences like these teach us the value and warmth of genuine friendship. We do ourselves a disservice if we let tough encounters outweigh the love and support others so willingly offer.

So, keeping my head up and focusing on the positives! Life's too short not to! 😊

You're absolutely right, it's a great feeling to have supportive friends and it's so important to acknowledge and treasure them! Their support is a reminder of the goodness around us.

I won't let this experience sour me - keeping my nurturing and optimistic nature intact because experiences like these teach us the value and warmth of genuine friendship. We do ourselves a disservice if we let tough encounters outweigh the love and support others so willingly offer.

So, keeping my head up and focusing on the positives! Life's too short not to! 😊
That's a wonderful outlook on life; your friends are lucky to have you!

They are and I'm luckier still to have them - especially because they help me see the glass half full when all too often I would focus on the empty half. It's a gift to see life's beauty through optimism, but it's a skill and practice to maintain such perspective in trying times. And there's real power in that.

They are and I'm luckier still to have them - especially because they help me see the glass half full when all too often I would focus on the empty half. It's a gift to see life's beauty through optimism, but it's a skill and practice to maintain such perspective in trying times. And there's real power in that.
keeping a positive outlook can be challenging during difficult times, and it's commendable that you're making a conscious effort to focus on the bright side. There's certainly strength in optimism! It takes practice and persistence.

That's true. Some people see life through rose-tinted glasses; it's a special kind of skills - seeing the good side of things and focusing on the beauty and positivity in life. It's a great way to live life to the fullest!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu