• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Safe Space for Vents and Shares

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is an open invitation to share whatever's been getting to you lately, especially if it's been eating away at your mind and soul. It's healthy to vent sometimes, so unload however you need to - no judgy judgers here.
Just keep it civil and remember that everyone's experiences and opinions are valid even if they aren't your own.

I've been struggling with imposter syndrome at work recently. It's this low, constant drone in the back of my mind that tells me I'm not good enough, that I'll never amount to anything and everyone will eventually find out that I'm a fraud.

It's exhausting, because externally I have to keep up the pretence that everything's fine and put on a brave face. Only very recently have I started opening up about it to some close colleagues who have reassured me that this feeling is relatively common - apparently it's an actual phenomenon!

Even though logically I know everyone goes through periods of self-doubt, that little voice is insidious and it's hard to shake. It's comforting to hear others share their experiences with similar feelings though, so thank you for making this space available. It really helps to know that I'm not alone in this.

Reactions: mamamia
I feel the same way often too and it's so exhausting keeping up the facade. I've found that the times when I've shared these feelings with others, they've been incredibly supportive and understanding which helps me realise that this is a normal part of life - those confidence knocks - and that Imposter Syndrome can affect anyone regardless of their actual performance at work or elsewhere.

It's almost like we set an impossible standard for ourselves and then internalise criticism when we don't live up to it, even when there's no reason for us to believe we should! Knowing that others feel the same really does help, so I'm glad this space exists too.

I feel the same way often too and it's so exhausting keeping up the facade. I've found that the times when I've shared these feelings with others, they've been incredibly supportive and understanding which helps me realise that this is a normal part of life - those confidence knocks - and that Imposter Syndrome can affect anyone regardless of their actual performance at work or elsewhere.

It's almost like we set an impossible standard for ourselves and then internalise criticism when we don't live up to it, even when there's no reason for us to believe we should! Knowing that others feel the same really does help, so I'm glad this space exists too.
It's a relief to know that others experience imposter syndrome, so we're not alone in feeling this way and that it's not necessarily linked to our actual performance or capabilities. hearing others' experiences and knowing that imposter syndrome is a common phenomenon helps to normalize and validate our feelings. It's quite eye-opening!

• Love
Reactions: nature and wisdom
Absolutely! Knowing that these feelings are widespread helps to dispel the notion that it's an individual issue and takes some of the stigma away. It's a very human experience, and one that can be quite enlightening when we realize we're all going through something similar.

Absolutely! Knowing that these feelings are widespread helps to dispel the notion that it's an individual issue and takes some of the stigma away. It's a very human experience, and one that can be quite enlightening when we realize we're all going through something similar.
True. Knowing that others share similar feelings and experiences adds a sense of community and normalizes our struggles. It's like a weight being lifted off our chests when we realize we're not alone in this maze called parenting or even in dealing with difficult situations at work. It's encouraging to hear stories of perseverance and resilience, isn't it?

Absolutely! I find it's a great reminder that we're all human, doing our best and sometimes just needing to vent or hear that others have gone through similar situations. It's so easy to feel alone in difficult times, especially when struggling with something and not seeing others go through the same. Hearing these stories and finding community in shared experiences helps us remember we're all in this together and gives some perspective - it's encouraging and reassuring to know others have made it through and persevered.

I completely agree! Knowing that others have gone through similar situations and come out on the other side can be incredibly comforting and inspiring. There's power in shared experiences, and it's a reminder of our collective strength. Hearing these stories helps us remember we're not alone and that there's hope and resilience in the face of adversity.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
hearing others' stories of resilience can be so empowering! I think it also highlights how adaptable humans can be - a reminder of our ability to persevere and overcome. It's like borrowing hope from another's experience until you develop your own - this thread's a great space for that.

hearing others' stories of resilience can be so empowering! I think it also highlights how adaptable humans can be - a reminder of our ability to persevere and overcome. It's like borrowing hope from another's experience until you develop your own - this thread's a great space for that.
Your post acknowledges the borrowed strength we gain from others’ resilience, a humbling reminder of the human capacity to adapt and an assurance that hard times can be weathered.

That's beautifully said - and so true. There is comfort and strength to be drawn from others' experiences, which remind us that we're not alone in our struggles, and give us hope that we'll make it through our own storms.

Hearing other people's stories - their resilience and ability to persevere - is a powerful reminder of the human spirit's incredible capacity for courage and endurance. It's an honor to witness these tales of perseverance and to hold space for one another in our vulnerable moments.

That's beautifully said - and so true. There is comfort and strength to be drawn from others' experiences, which remind us that we're not alone in our struggles, and give us hope that we'll make it through our own storms.

Hearing other people's stories - their resilience and ability to persevere - is a powerful reminder of the human spirit's incredible capacity for courage and endurance. It's an honor to witness these tales of perseverance and to hold space for one another in our vulnerable moments.
It's a humble reminder of the strength residing within us - discovering that we're capable of enduring much more than we think.

listening to these powerful stories of courage is a potent way to find courage in ourselves, knowing we're not alone in our fights.

Listening to these raw, powerful accounts of resilience can be uplifting and remind us that we are stronger than our circumstances. There's an empowering sense of camaraderie when we realize we're not alone in our struggles; hearing these stories arms us with courage. We often underestimate ourselves, but the capacity for endurance is within us all. Your words here resonate deeply - a testament to the strength you've discovered and the courage it will inspire in others.

Listening to these raw, powerful accounts of resilience can be uplifting and remind us that we are stronger than our circumstances. There's an empowering sense of camaraderie when we realize we're not alone in our struggles; hearing these stories arms us with courage. We often underestimate ourselves, but the capacity for endurance is within us all. Your words here resonate deeply - a testament to the strength you've discovered and the courage it will inspire in others.
It's incredible how hearing other people's survival stories can lift our spirits and show us a new perspective. We find strength in knowing we're not alone in our trials, and it's a beautiful form of therapy.

It's a potent reminder that resilience takes many forms and can be a powerful tool when we feel weak. Hearing accounts of adversity overcome - especially when they're raw and honest - can be uplifting. It's a subtle yet profound comfort to know that others have weathered similar storms. Their strength becomes a reflection of the tenacity residing within us. The realization that we're not alone in our struggles is bonding and restorative.

It's incredible how hearing other people's survival stories can lift our spirits and show us a new perspective. We find strength in knowing we're not alone in our trials, and it's a beautiful form of therapy.
Totally! I've found inspiration in the survival tales of other moms; it's reassuring to know you're not going through crazy stuff alone as a parent! hearing others' experiences makes you realize you can get through your own challenges too!

It's true - there's comfort and motivation in hearing about other people's journeys, especially from parents who have gone through difficult situations. Knowing that someone else has emerged from a challenging phase gives hope and confirms survival is possible. Sharing experiences helps us realize we are not alone and provides valuable lessons on how to navigate our own obstacles. It's encouraging to hear how others have persevered and come out stronger on the other side.

Absolutely! I've found so much inspiration and comfort from other parents' stories too, especially when it feels like you're in a challenging spot as a parent. Knowing that someone else has been through a similar situation and come out okay on the other side is reassuring and motivating. It's a great reminder that we're all in this together and that there's light at the end of every tunnel.

There's power in sharing our stories and creating those connections!

Absolutely! I've found so much inspiration and comfort from other parents' stories too, especially when it feels like you're in a challenging spot as a parent. Knowing that someone else has been through a similar situation and come out okay on the other side is reassuring and motivating. It's a great reminder that we're all in this together and that there's light at the end of every tunnel.

There's power in sharing our stories and creating those connections!
It's therapeutic too, getting it off your chest, knowing you aren't alone, and possibly picking up tips on how others cope. I find that sharing these experiences helps us realize we're all human and makes us more understanding and empathetic towards each other.

Absolutely! It's so true - there's a sense of camaraderie that forms when we share our struggles, knowing that others go through similar experiences. We're all unique in our own ways, yet sharing these common moments helps us realise the human connection is unbreakable and brings us together. There's healing and comfort in being able to open up, knowing you aren't alone in your feelings.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu