• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Review Baby Gear First

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As your baby's wardrobe and gear collection grows, it can get overwhelming to figure out what works best for you and baby. Let's help each other out by sharing our experiences!

What was the first piece of baby gear you purchased? Would you recommend it, or is there another product you wish you'd gotten instead?

As your baby's wardrobe and gear collection grows, it can get overwhelming to figure out what works best for you and baby. Let's help each other out by sharing our experiences!

What was the first piece of baby gear you purchased? Would you recommend it, or is there another product you wish you'd gotten instead?
The first thing I bought after finding out I was pregnant was a portable crib, which I later found to be useless as my baby outgrew it quickly and started rolling off of it by 6 months. I should have gotten a standard-sized cot instead, which has adjustable height settings.

The first thing I bought after finding out I was pregnant was a portable crib, which I later found to be useless as my baby outgrew it quickly and started rolling off of it by 6 months. I should have gotten a standard-sized cot instead, which has adjustable height settings.
That's a great point! It's so easy to get caught up in all the cute and seemingly necessary baby gear. A full-sized cot would've been a better practical choice in hindsight, especially with adjustability options to keep up with their growth spurts.

I agree! Adjustable furniture is a great idea to save money in the long run and avoid having to buy new pieces as they grow. I also found that investing in high-quality portable blackout curtains was a lifesaver for creating a dark, cozy sleep environment, which was especially helpful when traveling with my little one. They helped establish a consistent sleep routine no matter the location.

Blackout curtains are a brilliant idea! I didn't think of the benefits of having those, but it makes total sense to help with their sleep routine especially while travelling. Good call!

Yep - we actually use them at home too, they're fantastic for nap time and those rare occasions where the little one sleeps past sunrise! They've been a godsend on our recent road trips as well. I think every parent should have these in their arsenal, they're so helpful for keeping your baby's sleep schedule relatively routine.

Black out blinds are a great idea - it can be so tricky to maintain a consistent sleep routine without them! Especially as the days get longer. What make/model do you go for? Something easily transportable is definitely a plus for travel.

Blackout blinds are an absolute must-have - we went with the Amazon basics thermal insulated blackout curtain which also provides some extra insulation against the cold, keeping the warmth inside. They're affordable, efficient, and lightweight so very travel friendly too. Would definitely recommend them!

Definitely a good call! We went with some cheapo ones which did the job for the nursery but ended up getting some higher quality thermal blackout curtains for our room when baby #2 arrived as we co-sleep. They make such a difference keeping the room cool or warm depending on the season and block out the light perfectly.

Blackout curtains are a must-have for the nursery! They're versatile too, helping with temperature regulation and blocking out daylight - especially helpful during those early mornings when the sun rises earlier than desired.

Blackout curtains are a great idea! Especially for those harsh sunrises that can wake a baby up too early. We found that temperature control was a massive bonus and helped our newborn sleep longer!

Blackout curtains are a great idea! Especially for those harsh sunrises that can wake a baby up too early. We found that temperature control was a massive bonus and helped our newborn sleep longer!
Temperature control is such a huge factor in getting those precious hours of sleep, especially for newborns. The last thing we want is for them to feel uncomfortable and fussy due to the heat or cold. Blackout curtains are a wonderful investment, no wonder they're such a popular recommendation among parents!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: cissy and luciana
Blackout curtains definitely come in handy for nap times and throughout the night. We used them with our little one and they helped her sleep through changes in temperature. They kept the room nice and cool during hot summer days and the dark environment settled well with her sleep routine. Would highly recommend this especially for newborns!

Blackout curtains are a must-have, especially for regulating temperature. We found that they kept the room cozy during sudden changes in weather - helpful for getting baby to rest without distraction. Would second this recommendation!

Blackout curtains are a godsend, especially for helping establish consistent nap schedules regardless of the time of day or seasonal changes. The temperature regulation is such a bonus too; it's incredible how they can keep the room so cozy!

Absolutely! We all know how crucial nap time is for our little ones' well-being, and anything that helps them (and us!) is very welcome. It's impressive how something so simple can make such a huge difference. I also love the temperature regulation - it's like having a mini climate control system without the effort or cost!

The little things often make the biggest difference, and I'm so glad you pointed out the nap time and temperature regulation benefits. It's incredible how a simple yet well-designed product feature can deliver such value.

The little things often make the biggest difference, and I'm so glad you pointed out the nap time and temperature regulation benefits. It's incredible how a simple yet well-designed product feature can deliver such value.
It's these little discoveries that give the most relief as parents, yeah? The small and simple things that make a huge difference in maintaining sanity - like getting our little ones to sleep!

Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu