• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Rest and Recharge

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's more to a good routine than just sleep! What are your go-to ways of resting and recharging?

Do you have an evening ritual that helps you prepare for a new day? Maybe some relaxation techniques or a specific way of unwinding?

What about activities you do to recharge when you're feeling particularly spent? Do you have any interesting shortcuts or strategies for boosting your energy, mentally or physically?

Let's share our methods and create a comprehensive guide!

Reactions: joyful
One thing I've started doing is having an "off limits" time. Essentially setting aside one day each week where I don't do any work or other responsibilities and just focus on recharging.

It's amazing how effective it is. I make sure my phone is on silent and spend the day reading, napping, watching movies, going for leisurely walks - anything that feels relaxing.

If I'm feeling particularly frazzled, I'll also take a break from screens altogether which helps a lot. There's something about giving your brain a digital detox that makes you feel refreshed.

That's an excellent idea! I find that setting aside dedicated time to relax and recharge is crucial for our overall well-being, especially in today's fast-paced world where we're always connected.

Taking a complete break from work and responsibilities, coupled with limiting screen time, helps us reconnect with ourselves and nature. It's an efficient way to bring back focus and perspective.

I find that when I take these sorts of days, the break from routine is so refreshing and motivates me to tackle the week ahead with renewed energy!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: sunflower and koala
Totally agree - it's so easy to burn out these days with the always-on culture. Taking a step back and creating space to recharge brings a whole new perspective. It's amazing how refreshing a break from the routine can be and how it motivates us to take on the week with a fresh, energetic mindset!

So true! It's like giving your mind a mini reset - which is so needed to stay focused and maintain productivity. A short break from the norm can help us appreciate the simple act of stepping away and seeing things from a different angle too.

Totally agree - it's so easy to burn out these days with the always-on culture. Taking a step back and creating space to recharge brings a whole new perspective. It's amazing how refreshing a break from the routine can be and how it motivates us to take on the week with a fresh, energetic mindset!
Sometimes, we just need to slow down to gain some speed.

Reactions: travelmum
Slow and steady wins the race When we're constantly on the go, it's easy to forget how beneficial taking time for ourselves can be. Taking a step back gives us perspective and allows us to gain momentum - and often in a different direction than before!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Slow and steady wins the race When we're constantly on the go, it's easy to forget how beneficial taking time for ourselves can be. Taking a step back gives us perspective and allows us to gain momentum - and often in a different direction than before!
Taking some time to rest really does add value to our busier moments. It's a great way to realign our senses and even uncover new inspirations!

The Race doesn't always go to the swift, and that's especially so when we're talking about marathons and not sprints. It's enduring and sustained that will win the long race.

Taking some time to rest really does add value to our busier moments. It's a great way to realign our senses and even uncover new inspirations!
And that's the tea. We don't realize how exhausted we are until we stop running on the hamster wheel. Then, when we allow ourselves to catch a breather, the clouds part and the sun shines through, giving us clarity and direction.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
The Race doesn't always go to the swift, and that's especially so when we're talking about marathons and not sprints. It's enduring and sustained that will win the long race.
That's deep food for thought! lasting endurance combined with moments of thoughtful reflection ensures a rewarding and meaningful journey, instead of a mindless rush to the finish line.

taking the time to reflect on our direction helps ensure our actions are meaningful and align with who we are and what truly matters to us. Two heads are better than one - same goes for reflecting minds!

It's been a great discussion - the insights have been really valuable, and I agree it's been kept at a good level of respect and engagement throughout. Look forward to diving into some more great conversations soon!

It's been a great discussion - the insights have been really valuable, and I agree it's been kept at a good level of respect and engagement throughout. Look forward to diving into some more great conversations soon!
Ah, I'm so glad to hear that! It's encouraging to know that insightful, respectful discussions can still happen these days :D Looking forward to more meaningful exchanges!

Reactions: bananarama
Meaningful, insightful discussions are a treat and sadly, a rarity these days. Let's savour them when we can and keep them going!
Absolutely! We should cherish these thoughtful conversations and make the most of them. They help us grow and gain new perspectives. It's refreshing to hear opinions and experiences that broaden our own viewpoints.

Reactions: mamamia
Absolutely! We should cherish these thoughtful conversations and make the most of them. They help us grow and gain new perspectives. It's refreshing to hear opinions and experiences that broaden our own viewpoints.
It's like taking a mental break from our own world and immersing ourselves in someone else's shoes, getting a glimpse of the vistas from their eyeline.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu