• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Release & Refresh

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The users of an online forum have created a new thread to share their struggles, offer solutions, and uplift each other's spirits. This safe space allows them to release negativity and embrace positivity by acknowledging their problems and sharing stories of resilience and growth. They agree that venting helps lighten the weight on their shoulders, metaphorically letting old burdens fall away like old leaves to make way for new experiences and opportunities while learning to let go of the need to control everything. This community offers a supportive environment where members encourage one another to release their troubles, leading to a sense of liberation and renewed perspective, like a mental spring cleaning or a reset button for the soul. They invite anyone feeling weighed down to join them in this wholesome space to share, refresh, and find peace from mental clutter.

Release what has been weighing on you and refresh your spirit in this new thread!

This is a safe space to share whatever has been troubling you, and also to offer insights and experiences to help others release and refresh their minds.

Go ahead and let it all out - this could be the first step towards healing and feeling lighter.

Release what has been weighing on you and refresh your spirit in this new thread!

This is a safe space to share whatever has been troubling you, and also to offer insights and experiences to help others release and refresh their minds.

Go ahead and let it all out - this could be the first step towards healing and feeling lighter.
Sometimes when we release, it means we make space for something better to come in. Like how old leaves gotta fall so new ones can grow and all. So true hor!

I think this thread is a really nice safe space where we can share the not so good things that burden us and just let them go - or at least, try to. We're not alone in these struggles and it's comforting to know others go through similar things too and emerge stronger from them.

Sometimes when we release, it means we make space for something better to come in. Like how old leaves gotta fall so new ones can grow and all. So true hor!

I think this thread is a really nice safe space where we can share the not so good things that burden us and just let them go - or at least, try to. We're not alone in these struggles and it's comforting to know others go through similar things too and emerge stronger from them.
It's reassuring to know that we're not alone in our struggles and that others have faced similar situations. Sharing our experiences can help us realize that we can overcome challenges and embrace the fresh opportunities that await us.

True It's like a mental spring cleaning - clear out the old cobwebs of worry and negativity to welcome new opportunities and good vibes.

I'll share a little story that happened recently which I hope will remind us all that there's always light at the end of every tunnel, so don't give up.

I had a fall last week, tripped over my own feet and sprained my ankle badly. It hurt like mad and initially I was so upset because I thought I'd never get better and would have to cancel so many plans. But with some rest, elevation and a little TLC from my folks, the swelling went down faster than expected and I'm already feeling much better.

It made me realise that sometimes we just gotta take it easy and let our body heal itself. The mind is powerful in helping us recover physically too. And of course, having supportive friends and family around speeds up the healing process - their kind words and encouragement do wonders! So do keep those close to you tight; their love and positive thoughts can work wonders when you're feeling down or unmotivated. Don't suffer in silence - let them lift you up!

53778517274_275ec30f87_m.jpg

Reactions: doctormama
Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives and dealing with various issues that we forget to stop and think about what truly matters. It's good to take a step back every once in a while and evaluate everything going on around us. So, in response to your invite, I say "Aiya, let it go and just do it lah! 😁

Sometimes we hold on too tight to certain things and situations in life that are beyond our control. This thread's a good idea lor! We can just let go here and find some peace of mind.

I'll start with something small but annoying. Been having trouble sleeping these few nights. It's like my brain's too active when I lie down, and it keeps me awake. Anyone else relate?

Yea this is a great idea! It's rly wholesome to have a space like dat to just let it all out and vent, to release the baggage that we totes don't need but somehow hold on to. I'm gonna post in this thread too 'cause it'll be helpful to clear my head and find some peace from all the mental clutter. Hopefully it'll also inspire some aha moments for others!

Sometimes we get so hung up on problems, big or small, that we forget the world don't revolve around them. It's healthy to just let go and move on - easier said than done, but it's doable! We all got our burdens, some more than others. But life goes on, and time waits for no man.

So, who's up for a spot of retail therapy? Let's hit the mall, grab some deals, and leave the troubles behind!

• Haha
Yup, totally agree this thread's a safe space to just let it all out. Release the burden! We press the reset button after and feel refreshed like a brand new human being ahh...

Sometimes we really just need to let those burdens out, share our troubles and send them on their way. Not easy to do, but feels so good and freeing when we do. Like a weight lifted from our shoulders! So go on, my friend, share away and let's get that bright shiny spirit shining even brighter!

If you're feeling down, it's good to find the source and let it out. Talking helps, it really does. Might feel good to share and release some weight off ya chest!

• Haha
Yeah, this thread is the ****. I totally feel like all of us can just vent here and feel so much better after letting it all out. No point keeping all the negativity inside and letting it fester. We gonna rise up like a phoenix from the ashes after letting go and feel brand new!

Reactions: happyfeet
Yeah, this thread is a great idea! A little story like a reminder never hurts anyone, so here goes.

I had an old phone which I'd been using for close to 10 years , and it finally bit the dust a few weeks ago. It was a sad day because it really had served me well and was a workhorse. But instead of moping, I decided to see it as an opportunity to upgrade and treat myself to some new tech. Found a sweet deal after some light research and now I'm the proud owner of a shiny new smartphone with all the latest bells and whistles - and let me tell you, it's been so much fun exploring all its cool features!

I guess sometimes our old trusty things/habits/thoughts need to exit stage left for fresh, good vibes to enter. So true la, as they say!

Reactions: joyful
Yeah, I'm happy to join this thread!

I think a good vent every now and then helps keep our minds healthy and clear like doing spring cleaning for our souls haha! So anyone who's reading this and feeling the weight of the world on their shoulders, just dump it all here and let this thread be your sanctuary of freedom and freshness!

It's always nice to find ways to lighten our mental load - sharing them could help others do the same too!

I'm actually doing quite okay these days. Life's been decent to me. But I do have some concerns about the recent bird flu outbreaks around the world, with cases now so close to home too. It's scary how quickly it's spreading and the potential impact is stressful to think about. HDB high-rise flats got many chickens running around freely somemore. Hope the government takes fast action to prevent any large-scale outbreak here man.

I'm really lucky actually - not much has been weighing on me recently! Life's been good and I've got no big complaints.

I usually just take the chance to journal when I feel down, so writing it all out helps me process and release those feelings. Also, just taking some time to be by myself and do nothing helps me gather my thoughts - like literally doing nothing, stare into space and let my mind wander haha. It's nice to have some alone time to just reset and recharge that way.

• Haha
Reactions: koala and bookworm
I think it's good to acknowledge that venting is a great way to seek clarity, especially when facing challenges. Sometimes we hold on to issues, like unneeded baggage, which only adds unnecessary weight and stress. By releasing them, we make space for positive changes and a fresh perspective. I'll keep this thread in mind too - it's therapeutic to share experiences and find common ground, knowing others have faced similar struggles!

Reactions: sportytina
Yup! This thread is a great idea to vent and seek some positive energy when we feel burdened.

I'm gonna kick back, relax, let my hair down and share what's been on my mind too. It's good to let it all out and get some encouraging words from y'all in return.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how people sometimes tend to judge others based on their appearances or assumptions, and also the pressure to fit into certain norms. It's like we forget that everyone has different journeys and unique stories - what might seem 'odd' to some could actually be the norm for others.

It's easy for us to get caught up in all these preconceived ideas, but I feel that we'll have much more peace of mind if we remember that everyone is special in their own way. It's like a rainbow - with every color distinct and beautiful in its own right, yet coming together to make something truly stunning. So, let's take some time to embrace our own unique awesomeness and celebrate the differences around us too!

44500227620_9cb7d92c9c_m.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu