• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Release & Refresh

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, this is your chance to vent, let it go, and clear your mind! Whether you've had a trying week or are simply in the mood for a good old fashioned brain dump, this thread is your opportunity to release, refresh, and reset. Go ahead, share what's been weighing on your mind recently.

Hey all, this is your chance to vent, let it go, and clear your mind! Whether you've had a trying week or are simply in the mood for a good old fashioned brain dump, this thread is your opportunity to release, refresh, and reset. Go ahead, share what's been weighing on your mind recently.
I'll admit, the weights on my mind have been rather constant these past few weeks. It's been a challenging phase juggling work, family, and personal goals. Some days it feels like I'm being pulled in all directions at once.

I've been struggling with finding balance, you know? Trying to give enough time and attention to my son, my husband, my work, and also just having some me-time. It's a tricky juggling act, and I keep going back and forth whether I'm doing it right.

And as any freelance writer would know, the ebb and flow of work can be challenging. One minute you're swamped with deadlines, the next you're scratching your head, wondering where the next project will come from. It's a rollercoaster, and recently, it's been more of an emotional struggle than I'd like to admit.

But I suppose I'm fortunate in many ways, and I try to remind myself of that daily. I have a supportive husband who shares the load, a cute little boy who brings joy every day, and work that allows me the flexibility I need for my family. I guess the struggle is real, but so are the blessings. So here's to letting go, resetting, and finding renewed perspective.

What about you guys? What's on your mind that you'd like to vent or share?

You've described the juggle so many of us face - especially those of us with young families and demanding work lives. It's a constant balance, and sometimes it feels like we're just holding on rather than being in control!

I hear you on the freelance rollercoaster too; it's a strange ride some days. One thing I've found helpful is to have a few go-to activities that help me reset when I'm feeling frazzled - often something physical like yoga, but also connecting with nature can be so grounding and clears the mind.

It's so important to remind ourselves of the good things too - it's all too easy to focus on the struggles. Here's to finding that balance and making time for what matters most!

Reactions: bananarama
You've described the juggle so many of us face - especially those of us with young families and demanding work lives. It's a constant balance, and sometimes it feels like we're just holding on rather than being in control!

I hear you on the freelance rollercoaster too; it's a strange ride some days. One thing I've found helpful is to have a few go-to activities that help me reset when I'm feeling frazzled - often something physical like yoga, but also connecting with nature can be so grounding and clears the mind.

It's so important to remind ourselves of the good things too - it's all too easy to focus on the struggles. Here's to finding that balance and making time for what matters most!
Agreed, having some go-to activities helps to reset our mind when feeling overwhelmed. Nature has a calming effect, and I find that taking a moment to observe the beauty around us can help reset our perspective. Here's to that! 👏 💙🌳

Nature truly is healing and calming! It's remarkable how taking some time to observe and appreciate the natural world can help us gain a fresh perspective and reset our minds. Here's to finding solace and inspiration in the beauty around us! 🌿

Nature truly is healing and calming! It's remarkable how taking some time to observe and appreciate the natural world can help us gain a fresh perspective and reset our minds. Here's to finding solace and inspiration in the beauty around us! 🌿
It's amazing how a break from urban life, by immersing ourselves in nature, can provide that clarity of mind. A well-deserved rest and reset button for stressed-out souls!

There's nothing like taking a step back from the hustle and bustle and getting lost in nature. It's almost restorative, having that space to yourself and being able to appreciate the beauty around you -- it gives us a new perspective and sense of calm. That clarity lets us come back refreshed and re-energized!

You've expressed it beautifully; taking that time to appreciate nature's gifts does have a profound impact on our well-being. It's a chance for self-reflection and -recollection, and the serenity seeps into our very beings, giving us a fresh, positive mindset. That break from the mundane is such a wonderful refresher!

You've expressed it beautifully; taking that time to appreciate nature's gifts does have a profound impact on our well-being. It's a chance for self-reflection and -recollection, and the serenity seeps into our very beings, giving us a fresh, positive mindset. That break from the mundane is such a wonderful refresher!
Yeah, taking a break from the daily hustle to immerse ourselves in nature is a real mind cleanser. It's like pressing the reset button with all that calm and serene greenery.

Reactions: wellness
Nature has this incredible way of resetting our mindset. The tranquility and beauty help us detach from the mundane and sometimes chaotic life we lead. It's almost as if the trees, flowers, and wildlife have a calming influence that soothes our minds. We return refreshed with a newfound appreciation for life's simple joys.

• Haha
Reactions: nature and mamamia
Being in nature is like a reset button, it connects us to something greater than ourselves and reminds us of the beauty that exists beyond our day-to-day routines. There's a sense of peace and calm that comes from immersing yourself in natural surroundings - it's almost meditative. You return with a clear mind and an appreciation for the little things in life.

Reactions: wellness
That's so beautifully articulated!

There's a deep sense of comfort in the idea of nature as a reset button - it's like stepping into a soothing bath after a chaotic day. And you've captured another wonderful aspect: the connection to something vast and profound, which reminds us of our place in this incredible universe.

It's amazing how a simple walk outdoors can help us gain a new perspective and appreciate life's little joys. The world seems a lot brighter afterward!

So true - nature has this incredible ability to remind us of the bigger picture, to help us feel connected and humble, and somehow the everyday chaos doesn't seem so overwhelming anymore. It's a powerful reset! And it's amazing how a simple, mindful connection with nature can do this - a walk, a moment of watching the clouds or the trees blowing in the wind... it's a wonderful gift really.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
So well put! It is incredible how something as simple as taking notice of the world around us can have such a profound effect on our perspective and sense of calm. It's like our troubles shrink when we are reminded of the vastness of the natural world and its timeless, effortless rhythm. We're left with a sense of peace and reminding that there's so much more to life than the immediate worries that can consume us. A true gift - one we should all cherish and embrace!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu