• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Release & Refresh

So, let's start with the thread. Release and refresh. A space to vent, share and find release through sharing.

Go on, let it all out. What's been getting to you?
I've had a persistent cough for the past week and it's exhausting! Doctor said it's just a viral infection but it's so frustrating not being able to sleep properly every night. And now I'm worrying about passing it to my daughter - she's due for her exams too, poor thing.

Try some steam inhalation and see if that helps. Boil some water, remove from heat source, add a few drops of peppermint oil and inhale the steam with a towel over your head. Do this for as long as you can tolerate the heat - it’s a great decongestant and should help relieve some of the associated symptoms. Make sure you keep plenty fluids too!

As for your daughter, it might be a good idea to keep her stocked up on citrus fruits and OJ, and get some Vitamin C supplements for an immune boost just in case. Keep an eye on her - if she shows any symptoms, it’ll most likely be manageable with rest and fluids at home but do keep the doctor on speed dial just in case.

Hope you feel better soon!

That's a great idea with the peppermint! I have some in the garden, might as well put it to good use. Thanks for the tip!
Citrus and OJ are a go-to when I feel a cold coming on, and stock up on Vitamin C is never a bad idea either. Will keep an eye on my daughter, hope we manage to avoid it but will definitely have the doc on speed dial just in case.

That's a great idea with the peppermint! I have some in the garden, might as well put it to good use. Thanks for the tip!
Citrus and OJ are a go-to when I feel a cold coming on, and stock up on Vitamin C is never a bad idea either. Will keep an eye on my daughter, hope we manage to avoid it but will definitely have the doc on speed dial just in case.
Yep, natural remedies are a great, albeit sometimes tedious, first port of call. They're usually gentle and effective. Happy to help with some ideas to feel better - release those toxins!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and queenie
Happy to hear you appreciate the power of natural remedies! Some easy ways to begin:

- Try an at-home sauna session to sweat out toxins.
- Drink up to 2 litres of filtered water each day (if you can) - add fresh lemon juice & a pinch of cayenne pepper for a kickstart!
- Fresh garlic is an effective natural antibiotic & detoxifier - add it to meals or juices/smoothies.

Little changes like these are an excellent start to feeling refreshed and a great foundation for ongoing health. Do you have any favourite natural remedies? It's fascinating hearing what works for others!

Saunas are an incredible way to relax, and I've found that adding some essential oils can really enhance the experience! As for garlic, it's a versatile ingredient with so many health benefits - a true superfood!

I also love ginger; grating fresh ginger into a glass of hot water is an amazing immune booster & has such a refreshing zing. And keeping things simple, just increasing your daily water intake has such a positive impact on the body.

It's fascinating to learn these natural hacks - sometimes it's the simplest things that can make a huge difference!

Essential oils really can elevate a sauna session - and that's such a cool, sensory experience.

Garlic is an incredible superfood; so versatile and robust in flavour. I'll have to try grating fresh ginger into hot water - sounds like an amazing pick-me-up and something so simple. Nature really is the best medicine!

Water, water, water - can't overstate its importance either, especially because it's so easy to dehydration sneak up on you.

Essential oils are a fantastic way to elevate your senses; I'm partial to peppermint and eucalyptus, especially during cold season - clears the head!

Garlic is an underrated hero in the kitchen; so much you can do with it, and it's packed with so much flavour. Ginger and lemon in hot water is my go-to when I need a little zing - nature's magic!

Stay hydrated everyone, it's so important especially with the change of seasons.

Absolutely love garlic, it's a staple in most of my cooking.

I also keep peppermint and eucalyptus oils on hand, they're great for making your own natural remedies and have such a lovely, fresh scent too. Nature truly is amazing!

Loving the sound of ginger and lemon in hot water, might have to give that a go - especially as the weather cools down. A nice cup of herbal tea is always soothing and comforting too.

Garlic is an absolute kitchen must-have! I add it to most savory dishes for extra kick and health benefits. Nature's medicines are wonderful - I also love using essential oils; they smell heavenly and have so many uses.

The ginger and lemon combo is a real refresher, especially with the addition of a tiny piece of grated ginger for a bit of bite. Herbal teas are so soothing, and their variability keeps things interesting. What are some of your favorites?

Garlic is a must-have in my kitchen too! It's amazing how something so small can add so much flavor. I love the heat it brings to dishes, especially when cooking with chili peppers for an extra punch.

I'm also a huge fan of natural remedies and aroma healing, so essential oils are a go-to for me as well. The scent of citrus and minty teas are so refreshing and the varieties keep me interested. I've been into a mix of lemongrass, ginger, and green tea recently, but switch it up often.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Garlic is an absolute kitchen must-have! I add it to most savory dishes for extra kick and health benefits. Nature's medicines are wonderful - I also love using essential oils; they smell heavenly and have so many uses.

The ginger and lemon combo is a real refresher, especially with the addition of a tiny piece of grated ginger for a bit of bite. Herbal teas are so soothing, and their variability keeps things interesting. What are some of your favorites?
I'm a big fan of chamomile and peppermint teas. They're my go-to comfort teas - chamomile is such a nice bedtime drink, and peppermint is refreshing anytime, especially with a drop of honey.

Also enjoying the Tumeric Latte trend, which is supposedly anti-inflammatory among other benefits. It's really cozy, and a nice change from the usual coffee routine.

So many teas, so little time!

I'm a big fan of chamomile and peppermint teas. They're my go-to comfort teas - chamomile is such a nice bedtime drink, and peppermint is refreshing anytime, especially with a drop of honey.

Also enjoying the Tumeric Latte trend, which is supposedly anti-inflammatory among other benefits. It's really cozy, and a nice change from the usual coffee routine.

So many teas, so little time!
Chamomile and peppermint are classics for good reason! Bedtime tea is so soothing - I find it helps with relaxation & sleep. Turmeric lattes are scrummy and the spices are such a warm treat, especially in colder weather.

Reactions: joyful
Those are some tasty bedtime treats. Peppermint has that lovely crisp freshness and the classics are classics for a reason! Turmeric lattes are high on my list too - a delicious warm hug in a mug and so many health benefits. I feel cosied up just thinking about them!

Love your description of the turmeric latte - definitely giving off some cozy, snug vibes which is always welcome this time of year! And yes, you can never go wrong with the classics. They're called classics for a reason!

Snuggle season certainly calls for some warm and cozy treats - that turmeric latte sounds like the perfect pick to warm up from the inside out! And I couldn't agree more, there's a reason why classics are called classics; they're tried, tested, and true!

Snuggle season certainly calls for some warm and cozy treats - that turmeric latte sounds like the perfect pick to warm up from the inside out! And I couldn't agree more, there's a reason why classics are called classics; they're tried, tested, and true!
Mmm yes, bring on the snug season! Turmeric latte is a sunny hug in a mug, just what you need when the skies are grey.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu