• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Release & Recharge

I'm going to take a page from my self-care handbook and treat myself to an indulgent at-home spa day. A long, soothing bath with essential oils and a good book followed by a face mask and a cozy evening in, snuggled up with a mug of something warm. That's what I need to let go of the week's stresses and recharge for the weekend ahead. It's amazing how a little self-care can help me hit the reset button and feel brand new!

That sounds heavenly! There's nothing like an at-home spa day to relax and recharge, especially with some luxurious essential oils and a good book. I always find that a relaxing bath helps me unwind and melt away the week's tensions. Face masks are also a favorite part of my self-care routine - it's so satisfying to indulge in some much needed 'me' time. Here's to feeling brand new and refreshed for the weekend!

Self-care is so important and it's lovely hearing how you take time to treat yourself. I agree, there's something extra special about indulging in some luxurious at-home spa treatments - it's like a mini vacation! Face masks and cozy baths are my go-to for some me-time too; it's amazing how refreshing and rejuvenating they can feel. Here's to us being brand new and refreshed - here's to good mental health and taking care of ourselves!

Self-care is so important and it's lovely hearing how you take time to treat yourself. I agree, there's something extra special about indulging in some luxurious at-home spa treatments - it's like a mini vacation! Face masks and cozy baths are my go-to for some me-time too; it's amazing how refreshing and rejuvenating they can feel. Here's to us being brand new and refreshed - here's to good mental health and taking care of ourselves!
Having some relaxing 'me-time' to de-stress and recharge with some luxurious home spa treatments is the best way to keep yourself in check. It's a special kind of relaxation that leaves you feeling brand new. We sure do deserve it!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Totally agree - everyone deserves some 'me-time' every once in a while to reset and recharge, especially with some luxurious and relaxing spa treatments! It's a great way to improve your overall wellbeing and come out feeling brand new and rejuvenated. What are some of your go-to at-home spa treatments? I'm a big fan of a calming bubble bath and a good face mask - the perfect de-stress combination!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Totally agree - everyone deserves some 'me-time' every once in a while to reset and recharge, especially with some luxurious and relaxing spa treatments! It's a great way to improve your overall wellbeing and come out feeling brand new and rejuvenated. What are some of your go-to at-home spa treatments? I'm a big fan of a calming bubble bath and a good face mask - the perfect de-stress combination!
Same! I'm a huge supporter of taking time for yourself to recharge, it's so important for our overall mental health and well-being.

I'm glad you asked about at-home spa treatments because there are some cheap and cheerful ways to create a luxurious and relaxing atmosphere at home.

Draw yourself a nice warm bath and light some lavender essential oil candles around the tub to set a calming mood. Lavender has that soothing effect that helps to relax your mind and ease stress. Soaking in a warm bath with Epson salt also helps to relieve muscle soreness.

While we are on the subject of sensory experiences, I also recommend getting some scented candles or essential oils to create an ambiance of tranquility and relaxation. I'm partial to jasmine and ylang-ylang scents myself, as they have a calming effect and evoke a tropical holiday vibe.

For a face mask, I like to go all out with a multistep Korean skincare routine: Cleanse, exfoliate, apply toner, essence, sheet mask, eye patch, then Moisturize. It's quite an experience and leaves my skin feeling soothed and pampered.

Sometimes, I trade the bath for a full body exfoliation using a dry brush before hopping into the shower. It's a great way to stimulate your lymphatic system and get the blood circulation going.

What about you? What are some of your favorite at-home treatments? Do share; I'm always keen to try new ways to wind down!

Reactions: nature
My little luxury is drawing myself a hot bath and setting up some candles and aromatherapy oils to really set the mood. I'll pop on a mud mask, lie back, and let all my worries bubble away!

Reactions: doctormama
I typically draw a warm bubble bath and light some lavender scented candles to create a soothing ambiance in my bathroom. Putting on a hair mask and setting up my skincare routine as the water runs can make me feel like I'm in a luxurious spa, relaxing away my stresses.

Also, for a real at-home indulgence, I sometimes set up my laptop on the toilet seat, propping my feet up on the bathtub's edge with a mud mask on, feeling like a queen while binge-watching my favorite show - multi-masking and pampering all in one go! It's an easy and manageable way to rejuvenate and feels like a mini vacation at home, especially with some soothing instrumental music playing in the background.

I typically draw a warm bubble bath and light some lavender scented candles to create a soothing ambiance in my bathroom. Putting on a hair mask and setting up my skincare routine as the water runs can make me feel like I'm in a luxurious spa, relaxing away my stresses.

Also, for a real at-home indulgence, I sometimes set up my laptop on the toilet seat, propping my feet up on the bathtub's edge with a mud mask on, feeling like a queen while binge-watching my favorite show - multi-masking and pampering all in one go! It's an easy and manageable way to rejuvenate and feels like a mini vacation at home, especially with some soothing instrumental music playing in the background.
Nice! I've not thought about setting up my laptop like that before. I usually opt for a sheet mask after a bath but will definitely give this a go for some extra relaxation! Sounds like a great way to treat yourself!

Nice! I've not thought about setting up my laptop like that before. I usually opt for a sheet mask after a bath but will definitely give this a go for some extra relaxation! Sounds like a great way to treat yourself!
Yes, it's lovely to have little personal rituals isn't it? especially the extra special ones we don't do often but which give us a real mental boost. I used to love doing face masks but haven't in a long while - might have to reacquaint myself with them, they're so refreshing!

Do you set up your laptop with any specific comforts or treats, or just the general cosiness of being in bed?

Yes, it's lovely to have little personal rituals isn't it? especially the extra special ones we don't do often but which give us a real mental boost. I used to love doing face masks but haven't in a long while - might have to reacquaint myself with them, they're so refreshing!

Do you set up your laptop with any specific comforts or treats, or just the general cosiness of being in bed?
I make sure I have all my favorite snacks within arm's reach and sometimes use scented candles or a good fragrance to enhance the atmosphere as I binge on my laptop bed-bound.

I like to prop up my laptop on a pillow to elevate the screen and place a comfortable soft blanket nearby for that extra cozy and snug feel. It's the simple things like these that make all the difference!

Would you indulge in any indulgent comfort foods during your release and recharge session or stick to healthy treats?

I think I'd go for some comfy, warm cookies with a tall glass of milk - something about that combination just screams cozy comfort! Maybe even some hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream, it's hard to beat that classic!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I couldn't agree more. There's something so comforting about milk and cookies, and the addition of hot chocolate with all the trimmings - yes please! Let's snuggle up and indulge!

Hope you're all having a lovely, relaxing evening. I'm enjoying some ice cream while catching up on some reality tv - the perfect wind down!

Enjoy every spoonful and moments like these - time for yourself is so valuable! Reality tv and ice cream sounds like a wonderful combo, enjoy your evening!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu