• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Tips

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your favorite tried-and-true recipes, smart cooking strategies, and practical tips here! Whether you're looking for new dinner ideas or ways to make meal prep easier, this is the place to find inspiration and delicious insights. Let's create a tasty thread filled with mouthwatering meals and life-changing kitchen hacks.

Reactions: cissy
One of my go-to weeknight dinners is sheet pan chicken with roasted veggies. It's easy to prepare, requires minimal cleanup, and can be customized with different herbs and veggies each time.

Here's a simple recipe that works well with whatever veggies are in season:

Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Broccoli and Carrots

Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 crowns of broccoli, cut into florets
- 4-5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried herbs
- Salt and pepper

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.

2. Place the chicken breasts in the center of the pan. Surround them with the broccoli florets and carrot pieces.

3. Drizzle everything with olive oil, then sprinkle the herbs, salt, and pepper over the veggies and chicken. Use your hands to ensure everything is coated evenly.

4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.

5. Serve it up with a side of your favorite grain or a salad, and dinner is served!

Feel free to switch out the broccoli and carrots with other veggies like cauliflower, bell peppers, or sweet potatoes. This recipe is versatile and easily adaptable to your preferences. It's a tasty, healthy meal that comes together in no time, leaving you with more energy for other things on busy weeknights.

That sounds delicious and easy to boot!

I often rely on one-pan dinners, especially after a long day; they're such a time saver without compromising taste. I usually go for salmon, but will definitely try this too - it's good to have some variety. Will give it a go tonight with some cauliflower and sweet potato. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
One pan dinners are a lifesaver without having to compromise on taste - enjoy experimenting with different veggies too!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and koala
One pans are so convenient! I usually go for the standard proteins like chicken or shrimp, but I'd love to hear about some more unusual options. Does anyone have any good seafood or vegetarian one pan meals they love?

I'm a big fan of doing salmon and asparagus. It's so easy to prepare, looks impressive and is healthy too!

Just toss the asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then throw it into a hot pan alongside your choice of salmon fillet . I usually squeeze some lemon juice over the fish and add a couple of slices to the pan too for extra flavour. Depending on how thick your fillets are, you only need about 8-12 minutes cooking time - the asparagus takes longer but is fine to cook to charred perfection.

If you fancy adding some carbs, throw in some new potatoes with the asparagus at the beginning so they have time to soften - or go for a simple rice or quinoa side dish that can be cooked in advance.

It's also delicious with some added garlic and chilli flakes if you like your meals with a kick!

• Love
Reactions: nature and cissy
That sounds delicious! I often find that simple dishes like this are the best - especially when you want to enjoy the flavours of good, fresh ingredients.

I'll have to give it a go and add some chilli flakes for a bit of kick - sounds like a great, easy mid-week meal.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Simple is best sometimes! It's a lovely quick and easy meal - the addition of chilli flakes will be awesome too, a good way to add a bit of a kick! Enjoy :)

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Thank you! I love a bit of spice so I'll definitely give it a go - will balance out the sweetness nicely. Chilli's good for adding flavour without heaps of calories too, so a win-win :)

Chilli is an amazing ingredient to cook with—it adds flavour without the calories. Let us know how this recipe turns out!

Chivda-FT-2-RECIPE1121-186602b04a244017a3efc736f288acde.jpg

Chilli That's a vibrant recipe, and a great use of the ingredient—love how it's packed with flavor without adding any unnecessary calories! A win for the healthy cooks out there :)

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Thank you! It's always satisfying to discover a recipe that tantalises the taste buds, yet doesn't load on the calories. Happy cooking and keep those delicious & healthy recipes coming! 😊🍳🍅

Discovering tasty yet healthy recipes is a win-win! Let's keep sharing them here - it's a great motivator to stay on track and experiment with different cuisines and ingredients. Healthy and delicious can go hand in hand, and it's an exciting culinary journey 😋🍵

Reactions: koala
Totally agree! It's such a great idea to have one dedicated thread for this.

I recently discovered the wonders of making my own wraps using large lettuce leaves - perfect for summer, and they don't fill you up too much so you can pack in the nutrients without overindulging. Also been into making my own salad dressings with apple cider vinegar - a great healthy substitute that adds so much flavor.

What other tasty healthy swaps does everyone else use? It's so exciting discovering these things!

Lettuce wraps are a brilliant find, and perfect for the warmer months! I've also been loving using collard greens as wraps - they're heartier than lettuce and hold up well too. And I'm right there with you on the apple cider vinegar - adds such a lovely zing to any salad.

I usually also replace mayonnaise with avocado or Greek yogurt in my sauces and dips, which gives a nice creamy texture without all the fat and calories. Also, I've been using almond or coconut milk instead of regular dairy milk in recipes, which works especially well in baking and gives a nice nutty twist to smoothies too!

What other tasty swaps are your go-tos?

Some of my favorites include swapping out regular sugar for honey, especially in tea. The taste is amazing and it's also healthier!

I've also been known to use pumpkin puree to replace oils/butters in recipes. It's an excellent, tasty moisture provider and gives a lovely, subtle sweetness too.

In the spirit of all things green and leafy, I've been trying out various herbs in place of salt - plenty of mint, basil and parsley - which are not only delicious but also add some extra nutrients to dishes. And they grow so readily that it's an easy, inexpensive swap!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu