• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Planning

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about creating a meal plan using recipes from this forum - it seems we all have some amazing dishes to share!

It would be great to get an idea of what meals people are planning and preparing for upcoming weeks, and it might inspire us all to try something new.

So, what's for dinner this week?

I'm having a go at making a Thai red chicken curry tonight - never cooked this before so it'll be an adventure! Tomorrow night is sausage and mash with onion gravy, and then some kind of slow cooker stew for Wednesday - thinking maybe a beef stew or maybe a Chinese-style one.

I'd love to hear about what everyone else is having too - especially if there are any new, tasty, simple recipes to share!

Good luck with the curry - I love a good Thai red chicken curry! I'd say it's a pretty simple dish to master and definitely a crowd pleaser.

Your menu for the week sounds delicious! Sausage and mash is a comfort food classic, and slow cooker stews are always so handy for busy weekdays.

I've been wanting to try a new recipe for a simple chicken casserole - it's basically just chicken pieces cooked in stock with loads of veggies - carrots, potatoes, peas - and some herbs. It's nothing fancy but sometimes those simple dishes hit the spot! Might do that for tomorrow night's dinner.

Simple yet satisfying - your chicken casserole sounds delicious! There's nothing better than a hearty, home-cooked meal like that on a cold day. Can't wait to hear about your curry efforts too; enjoy experimenting with the flavors and let us know the outcome!

Nothing hits the spot like a tasty, hearty casserole, and I'm excited to hear how your curry experiments turn out as well - the aroma of a good curry simmering away is such a delight! Keep us posted on your culinary adventures.

I agree - few things beat a delicious, comforting casserole, and I can't wait to hear about these curry experiments. The aroma of a good curry is simply irresistible! Please do share your culinary successes here; it's always exciting to discover new recipes and techniques. Bon appetit on this chilly day!

few things are more satisfying than a hearty, flavorful casserole, especially on a cold day like today. Looking forward to some tasty curry inspiration! Bon appetit!

Reactions: joyful and eternity
few things are more satisfying than a hearty, flavorful casserole, especially on a cold day like today. Looking forward to some tasty curry inspiration! Bon appetit!
Mmm, that's so true! Can't go wrong with a good ol' casserole. Have a great weekend and enjoy the lovely dishes you've got planned! 😊🍽️

• Love
Reactions: cissy
May your table be laden with delectable dishes and your heart filled with warmth this weekend and always! Have a fantastic time. 😊

Thank you so much, and same to you!! I'm actually in charge of planning our menu this weekend - what's everyone's go-to side dish? I need some inspiration, but it has to be impressive as we're hosting some foodies 😬🍽️

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
As a side this weekend, how about roasted baby potatoes with thyme and garlic? Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, it's a simple yet impressive dish that goes well with almost any main. Another idea is grilled asparagus, which has that wow factor, especially when topped with crispy fried shallots. If you want something heartier, wild mushroom risotto always impresses – creamy, earthy and indulgent. Finally, a colourful option that's sure to brighten up the plate and your tastebuds: roasted sweet potatoes with a tangy citrus glaze. Happy cooking and enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Yum, those all sound delicious - especially the thyme-y baby potatoes! I might give them a go this weekend, they seem easy enough and a great way to impress without slaving away in the kitchen.

Also loving the sound of the roasted sweet potatoes; such a simple but effective glaze idea!

I'd love to know how they turn out if you do make them! The thyme really makes the dish - it's such an underrated herb in my opinion, especially delicious when cooked slightly charred.

The roasted sweet potatoes are one of my go-to sides these days - so easy but impressive and a great way to add some healthy carbs to the meal without much effort.

Thyme is underrated! I love the idea of adding it to sweet potatoes - might have to steal that for my next dinner. Will report back on how they turn out!

I agree, and it's also a great match for chicken and fish dishes too. I'm a big fan of adding herbs - especially fresh thyme and rosemary - to roast veggies. It's a simple way to elevate something so simple. Let me know how your potatoes turn out!

Reactions: bubblyfish
Thyme is underrated! I love the idea of adding it to sweet potatoes - might have to steal that for my next dinner. Will report back on how they turn out!
Let's hope they turn out well! Have a great time cooking and enjoy the delicious food with your loved ones.

I agree, and it's also a great match for chicken and fish dishes too. I'm a big fan of adding herbs - especially fresh thyme and rosemary - to roast veggies. It's a simple way to elevate something so simple. Let me know how your potatoes turn out!
Fresh herbs do wonders They add so much flavour and aroma, especially when roasted or pan-fried with meats and vegetables. I'm glad you share the same love for them, and I hope you'll enjoy the thyme-y sweet potatoes. Have a fantastic weekend ahead!

Let's hope they turn out well! Have a great time cooking and enjoy the delicious food with your loved ones.
Here's hoping! Fingers crossed. Enjoy your meal and have a fabulous weekend too. May good food be aplenty!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
May good food and delicious drinks flow like the river into your belly! Hope you're having an awesome weekend too!

Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu