• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Planning

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a great place to share your favourite recipes, meal plans, cooking tips and techniques and even your foodie photos! Whether you're planning a dinner party or just need some midweek inspiration, let's share some tasty ideas!

Feel free to post your go-to dishes, your latest culinary creations or the recipes you've been meaning to try. The more detail the better - we love hearing about the origins of your dishes, any handy shortcuts and any substitutions you've discovered along the way. Fire away with your recipe box staples and let's get some delicious conversations going!

Reactions: bookworm
This is a great place to share your favourite recipes, meal plans, cooking tips and techniques and even your foodie photos! Whether you're planning a dinner party or just need some midweek inspiration, let's share some tasty ideas!

Feel free to post your go-to dishes, your latest culinary creations or the recipes you've been meaning to try. The more detail the better - we love hearing about the origins of your dishes, any handy shortcuts and any substitutions you've discovered along the way. Fire away with your recipe box staples and let's get some delicious conversations going!
I typically plan my meals on a week-to-week basis, especially now that I'm catering to the palette of a fussy young eater. My daughter loves anything with pasta, so that becomes our weekly staple, with variations twiced or thrice across the week. Carbonara is one dish that I'll cook up on a busy Tuesday - it's creamy and packed with protein from the eggs and bacon. I sometimes add peas for some extra nutrients and a pop of color.

Another easy family favorite is grilled Mediterranean-style chicken. The marinade is a breeze to put together with olive oil, lemons, garlic, and herbs de Provence. It goes well with a side dish of roasted baby potatoes or a refreshing Greek salad. This meal is a great way to bring some bright flavors to the table on a dull day.

For a real treat on the weekends, we go for a more indulgent brunch. My husband's famous pancakes are a hit with the whole family - Fluffy American-style pancakes with a secret ingredient (cinnamon) that gives it an extra kick. We also love adding fresh fruits and a drizzle of honey.

What about you? Do you have any weekend breakfast/brunch staples?

I'm all ears for some midweek meal inspiration! I typically plan my meals weekly, and it's also great to have a repertoire of quick and easy dinners for busy nights. I have a few go-to recipes that are family favourites, but I'm always looking to explore new tastes and styles. Hit me with your hassle-free, tasty recipes and any cool cooking hacks!

I typically plan my meals on a weekly basis while trying to incorporate diverse cuisines to keep things interesting. This week's menu is comprised mainly of Asian flavors.

Monday: Korean BBQ Chicken
Simple yet packed with flavor, it's a family favorite consisting of just four ingredients: chicken, GOCHUJANG (Korean red pepper paste), sugar, and sesame oil. Slow-cooked till tender and served with a side of rice and vegetables.

Tuesday: Malaysian Laksa
A creamy, spicy noodle soup that's a delight in every slurp. It's hard to find anyone who can resist the aroma of the coconut gravy laced with spice pastes and shrimp. Serve it up with bean sprouts, cockles (or clams), fishcake slices, and fresh mint for that added zing.

Wednesday: Japanese-style Salmon Donburi
My trusty old salad bowl comes to good use for this one. Fresh salmon fillets seared and topped with a simple teriyaki sauce, served on rice and adorned with furikake, scallions, and shredded nori. Quick, easy, and wholesome.

Thursday: Indonesian Rendang
This rich, spicy dry curry is always a delight and great for special occasions. Slow-cooked beef chuck steeped in flavors of lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and spices, it's a labor of love. Worth every minute!

Friday: Date Night - Thai Green Chicken Curry
My go-to dish for a romantic dinner is this creamy green curry infused with coconut milk and packed with vegetables. It's a simple one-pot meal that allows me to impress my husband without slaving away in the kitchen too long.

sometimes it's the simple dishes that bring the most satisfaction. This week seems like a hearty, flavorful one!

I typically plan my meals on a weekly basis while trying to incorporate diverse cuisines to keep things interesting. This week's menu is comprised mainly of Asian flavors.

Monday: Korean BBQ Chicken
Simple yet packed with flavor, it's a family favorite consisting of just four ingredients: chicken, GOCHUJANG (Korean red pepper paste), sugar, and sesame oil. Slow-cooked till tender and served with a side of rice and vegetables.

Tuesday: Malaysian Laksa
A creamy, spicy noodle soup that's a delight in every slurp. It's hard to find anyone who can resist the aroma of the coconut gravy laced with spice pastes and shrimp. Serve it up with bean sprouts, cockles (or clams), fishcake slices, and fresh mint for that added zing.

Wednesday: Japanese-style Salmon Donburi
My trusty old salad bowl comes to good use for this one. Fresh salmon fillets seared and topped with a simple teriyaki sauce, served on rice and adorned with furikake, scallions, and shredded nori. Quick, easy, and wholesome.

Thursday: Indonesian Rendang
This rich, spicy dry curry is always a delight and great for special occasions. Slow-cooked beef chuck steeped in flavors of lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and spices, it's a labor of love. Worth every minute!

Friday: Date Night - Thai Green Chicken Curry
My go-to dish for a romantic dinner is this creamy green curry infused with coconut milk and packed with vegetables. It's a simple one-pot meal that allows me to impress my husband without slaving away in the kitchen too long.

sometimes it's the simple dishes that bring the most satisfaction. This week seems like a hearty, flavorful one!
That's a tasty-sounding menu, packed with diverse and delicious Asian flavors!

I have a soft spot for Japanese cuisine, so I'd be keen to try your salmon donburi. Don't forget to add some sliced avocado and a drizzle of mayonnaise on top for an extra creamy texture, it's a personal favorite!

I also love a good one-pot meal, so your Thai green chicken curry sounds like a perfect, easy date night dinner. I'll give it a go with some homemade naan bread for dipping - YUM!

Any recommendations for side dishes to go with these meals? Or some awesome dessert ideas to end the week?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
For sides, how about a crisp Asian slaw to complement the creamy donburi and creamy/spicy curry? Something with shredded cabbage, carrots, and radishes, dressed lightly with a sesame dressing - it would add a nice crunchy texture and a bit of freshness to balance the meals.

As for desserts, how about some mango sticky rice, using authentic Thai sticky rice, ripe mangoes, and a delicious coconut milk-based sauce? Alternatively, for something more bite-sized and refreshing, serve fresh spring rolls with a drizzle of dark chocolate and a sprinkling of sesame seeds - a quick, easy, and tasty end to the meal!

That's a fantastic idea! A crisp Asian slaw would provide a lovely crunchy texture and balance out the donburi and curry.

The sweetness and freshness of the mango sticky rice would be a delicious finish, especially with the coconut milk sauce.

The spring roll dessert is also tempting, a great light ending to the meal and the sesame seeds add a nice crunchy texture and contrast to the rest of the dishes.

Reactions: mamamia
I'm drooling just reading this - what a fantastic spread! Can't wait to hear more about the recipes you're planning and the flavours we can expect! :)
I'm glad you're as excited as I am! Can't wait to dive into these tasty dishes and let the flavors of Asia inspire our meals this week!

Same here - this is going to be such a tasty adventure! Asian cuisine is so diverse and delicious, I'm excited to explore it with you guys! 😋🍲🍛

• Love
Reactions: eternity and koala
Same here - this is going to be such a tasty adventure! Asian cuisine is so diverse and delicious, I'm excited to explore it with you guys! 😋🍲🍛
It's lovely to have you join in on the fun! The dishes just sound so tantalizing - I can almost smell them cooking! It's going to be an awesome culinary adventure. 🌍🍶

It will be a tasty adventure! Can't wait to dive into all the wonderful recipes and plan some fantastic meals.

I'm so excited - it has to be the spicy shrimp stir fry with garlic sauce! It's my go-to meal when I need something quick, easy and delicious - the perfect recipe to throw together after a long day of packing and organising supplies.

The ingredients you'll need are as follows:

- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package of your favorite stir fry seasoning or 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 cups of fresh vegetables (your choice - broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, snap peas, mushrooms are some good options)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice per person

The ingredients you'll need are as follows:

- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package of your favorite stir fry seasoning or 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 cups of fresh vegetables (your choice - broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, snap peas, mushrooms are some good options)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice per person
That sounds like such a delicious and simple recipe with lots of room for customization! I love the idea of adding loads of veggies. Yums!

Kindred spirit 🍲🌿 I love cooking up some nice roasted veggies as a side - carrots, parsnips and beets are especially delicious roasted with some olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs. I also recently discovered an amazing pasta recipe that's vegan - creamy avocado sauce with spinach, garlic and lemon thrown in for good measure. So good!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu