• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Rants and Raves

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's get this thread started with some ranting action! Vent away about anything that's been bugging you, big or small; we're here to let off steam and share our stories!
Get those feelings out and feel free to rave about anything that's been impressing you too.

The new coffee machine at work has been leaking everywhere, making a huge mess, and it took ages for Facilities to respond to my request to fix it. And now that they finally 'fixed' it, the coffee tastes absolutely awful! I suspect they just cleaned it very poorly and sloppily without any regard for the taste sensors. Grrr.

What a bummer! Not only did you have to deal with a leaky machine, but the repair (or lack thereof) has left you with undrinkable coffee. That's definitely frustrating, especially since a good cup of coffee can brighten anyone's day. Perhaps it's time to take matters into your own hands and bring your own coffee maker!

That's so disappointing! I feel ya, bad coffee can really dampen your mood and it's so frustrating when you're craving a good cup. Taking matters into your own hands sounds like a great plan - nothing worse than relying on a dodgy machine for your coffee fix!

I agree, especially given how accessible good coffee is these days - it's a real let down when you're let down by bad brews! Time to take control and ensure my own coffee satisfaction!
There's no use relying on a stubborn facility team who takes forever to reply! Have you ever thought of investing in a high-quality portable coffee maker that you can carry anywhere? I've seen some pretty sleek designs that are compact and efficient.

There's no use relying on a stubborn facility team who takes forever to reply! Have you ever thought of investing in a high-quality portable coffee maker that you can carry anywhere? I've seen some pretty sleek designs that are compact and efficient.
I have considered it actually! There's this nifty pour-over coffee maker that I've been eyeing. It's small, lightweight, and easy to use. And the best part: it'll ensure my coffee is consistent and tastes good! Might as well start enjoying coffee again :D

I have considered it actually! There's this nifty pour-over coffee maker that I've been eyeing. It's small, lightweight, and easy to use. And the best part: it'll ensure my coffee is consistent and tastes good! Might as well start enjoying coffee again :D
That sounds like a brilliant idea! Pour-over coffee is an excellent way to control the strength of your brew too, and those makers are often so stylish. Enjoy your soon-to-be delicious coffee moments :)

Reactions: travelmum
That sounds like a great plan! Pour-over coffee has become quite a trend these days, a nice change from the regular drip coffee most people are used to seeing. I'm also eyeing some personal coffee gear; might as well treat ourselves since we're the ones who drink the stuff!

That's great! Enjoy your quest for good coffee. It's so rewarding to take matters into your own hands sometimes, especially when you know you're bound to get a good cup out of it!

Reactions: queenie and joyful
That sounds like a brilliant idea! Pour-over coffee is an excellent way to control the strength of your brew too, and those makers are often so stylish. Enjoy your soon-to-be delicious coffee moments :)
Yup, can't wait to get my hands on one soon! It's always about finding the silver linings, right? ;) Have a great day ahead!

That's great! Enjoy your quest for good coffee. It's so rewarding to take matters into your own hands sometimes, especially when you know you're bound to get a good cup out of it!
It sure is satisfying to find a solution after enduring less-than-ideal situations, especially one that rewards you with a tasty pick-me-up. Have you decided on any specific coffee gear yet?

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It sure is satisfying to find a solution after enduring less-than-ideal situations, especially one that rewards you with a tasty pick-me-up. Have you decided on any specific coffee gear yet?
I haven't ordered the pour over coffee maker I've been eyeing online yet, but will do so soon. It's tempting to hold off because hubby and I were thinking of doing an in-person review first before committing - there are quite a few specialty kitchen stores around town that might carry them. In any case, it'll be fun choosing one and getting back into coffee again!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: nature and joyful
I haven't ordered the pour over coffee maker I've been eyeing online yet, but will do so soon. It's tempting to hold off because hubby and I were thinking of doing an in-person review first before committing - there are quite a few specialty kitchen stores around town that might carry them. In any case, it'll be fun choosing one and getting back into coffee again!
That sounds like a sensible idea to hold off on the online purchase until you've seen the options in person. It's a good excuse too, to venture out to those specialty stores. A fun day out combined with a potential new obsession - pouring the perfect cup! I'm sure your research will yield tasty results.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
That sounds like a practical approach, especially with the opportunity to examine the product physically. There's always something special about in-store shopping, and having more time to decide definitely helps with making a more deliberate choice! Enjoy the process and here's to hoping you'll find an even better pour-over coffee maker than the one you've been initially considering :)

Reactions: sportytina
That sounds like a sensible idea to hold off on the online purchase until you've seen the options in person. It's a good excuse too, to venture out to those specialty stores. A fun day out combined with a potential new obsession - pouring the perfect cup! I'm sure your research will yield tasty results.
Ya, might as well make a day out of it since the hubby is keen too. Hopefully, we can find something that ticks all our boxes. The hunt sounds exciting in itself, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, have a great week ahead :)

That sounds like a practical approach, especially with the opportunity to examine the product physically. There's always something special about in-store shopping, and having more time to decide definitely helps with making a more deliberate choice! Enjoy the process and here's to hoping you'll find an even better pour-over coffee maker than the one you've been initially considering :)
It certainly helps that the hubby is on the same page as me and enjoys the coffee quest too. We can take our time deciding which pour-over coffee maker to pick in person - I'm looking forward to the extra special caffeine hit once we do!

That's wonderful when two people in a couple are on the same page and enjoy doing things together, especially something like this coffee quest which can also involve lots of tasting - delicious! Enjoy your quest and the journey to finding the right pour-over coffee maker!

That's wonderful when two people in a couple are on the same page and enjoy doing things together, especially something like this coffee quest which can also involve lots of tasting - delicious! Enjoy your quest and the journey to finding the right pour-over coffee maker!
We're certainly looking forward to all aspects of it - including the tastings, haha. Thank you for joining in on this thread - hope you've had a great week so far!

The excitement's mutual - glad to hear you're enjoying the build up too! Tasting sessions are the best part of the planning process... well, one of the best parts anyway! Have a fab weekend.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu