• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Rant and Revel

I'll start with a revel. I'm super duper proud of myself for finally getting around to finishing my long-neglected novel draft! It's the first time I've given myself permission to just write badly and it's freeing! Also, the story's turned out way better than expected considering it's been over 5 years in the making.

It's a fantasy adventure and I'm about 60k words in. Hoping another 10-20k will see me reach a good stopping point to go back and edit what I have. Then I'll probably never look at it again because I hate editing, ha! But that's future me's problem :D

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Well done on reaching such a significant writing milestone! That's an incredible achievement and well worth bragging about!
The fact you've reached the end of what sounds like a long journey is massive, and the words 'the first draft is done' are music to any writer's ears. Enjoy that feeling and bask in the glory - you've earned it!

I can also relate to the freedom that comes with giving yourself permission to write badly. It's so easy to get stuck trying to craft perfect sentences and paragraphs, which can halt momentum and **** a project before it's had a chance. So here's to writing shitty first drafts! And good luck reaching that editing stage - you never know, you might surprise future you and actually quite enjoy it!

Well done on reaching such a significant writing milestone! That's an incredible achievement and well worth bragging about!
The fact you've reached the end of what sounds like a long journey is massive, and the words 'the first draft is done' are music to any writer's ears. Enjoy that feeling and bask in the glory - you've earned it!

I can also relate to the freedom that comes with giving yourself permission to write badly. It's so easy to get stuck trying to craft perfect sentences and paragraphs, which can halt momentum and **** a project before it's had a chance. So here's to writing shitty first drafts! And good luck reaching that editing stage - you never know, you might surprise future you and actually quite enjoy it!
Thanks so much for the encouragement and congratulations! Yeah, it's such a load off my chest to finally have reached this point. I'm gonna take a well-deserved break from writing to let the story marinate before I return with fresh eyes ... or more likely, get started on the next idea that's been brewing!

Writers' bloc is real and I feel like celebrating each small win is the way forward :) High five!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Enjoy that well-deserved break - you've earned it! Celebrating the small wins is a great strategy, especially when faced with such a formidable foe as Writer's Block. Here's to many more productive and satisfying writing sessions ahead for all of us! High five 😄

Reactions: lioness
Thanks so much! It feels like forever since I've had a proper break, so I plan on savouring every minute of it. Here's to overcoming writer's block and making some serious writing progress! High five backatcha 😊.

Enjoy every moment - you deserve it! Hope the words flow easily for you, have a wonderful break and good luck with all your writing endeavours! High Five!!

Thank you so much! I'm very excited and am definitely going to enjoy it -- it's been a long time coming! So happy and hope everyone else gets some well-deserved rest and relaxation too :)

Reactions: greenfingers
Congratulations! Enjoy every second, you deserve it! Here's to some peaceful and enjoyable downtime - have a fantastic break! 😎
I surely will! Thank you very much! You all enjoy the long weekend ahead as well and happy ranting or reveling!

So far, it has been great - thank you! Kicking off with a Friday afternoon nap that turned into a 13-hour sleep (whoops) and followed by some fun retail therapy yesterday. Can't recall the last time I slept that long - think my body really needed it 😅 Hope everyone's weekends are full of fun and/or relaxation!

Reactions: nature and joyful
That sounds amazing! I'm glad you got the sleep you needed and had a fun day of retail therapy afterward. I could definitely go for some of that myself! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Reactions: musical
and thanks! I did have a blast. Hope you get to enjoy some relaxation and retail therapy soon yourself!

and thanks! I did have a blast. Hope you get to enjoy some relaxation and retail therapy soon yourself!
If anyone deserves it, it's you. Have a great week ahead and keep sharing the joy!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
You're too kind! Thanks so much, same to you, have an amazing week!

Hope you have had an enjoyable start to the week so far. Have a great one ahead! x
My week has been quite uneventful so far, just doing mundane mom stuff and running errands which I have become accustomed to. But hey, it's all good as long as there's coffee. Thanks and same to you too! Does your son go to school or are you still on maternity leave?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu