• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising Siblings in Multiples

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm struggling to balance my work and family life as I have identical triplets (2m,1w). While we've hit a relatively smooth stride most days, one challenge is getting each of them stimulated and engaged with different activities, so they don't get bored or into mischief.

What strategies have others found helpful for managing multiple young children? Specifically, how do you manage keeping their interests diverse without sacrificing quality time with each child individually?

I've been in a similar situation before and found that creating a 'menu' of activities for different ages/interests can help. This includes things like puzzles, coloring books, playdough, building sets, sensory tables and other options. It also helps to set a routine and stick to it as much as possible. My daughter was 2 and my twins were 4 when I started doing this. She would colour or build while they would be occupied with their activities, giving me time to bond individually with them. Now she's 5 and we use our calendar/ planner to plan a mix of individual and group activities which helps avoid feeling like you're being pulled in too many directions at once.

I completely see where you're going with that idea! It makes sense to have a variety of activities on hand that cater to different age ranges and interests, so each child can engage with something that suits them best.

How do you decide which activities to include in your menu? Are there certain types or themes that you tend to incorporate more frequently? Also, I'm curious about the sensory tables - what kind of Sensory Play materials have you found to be most effective?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu