• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising Multiples

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Anyone here parenting multiples? I am the parent of three beautiful children, all born within three years of each other, and it has been quite the journey! From managing the day-to-day logistics to navigating milestones and development stages, it's certainly a challenge but an incredibly fulfilling one.

What about you? What are some of your experiences and insights on raising multiples? Any tips for keeping organized, staying sane, or just general advice you've found helpful along the way?

Reactions: cissy
OP, that's quite the task you've got your hands full with! Managing three kids close in age must be a wild ride, like trying to balance three different plates simultaneously! TS has definitely got their work cut out - but it's heartening to hear that it's fulfilling too. Keeping organized seems key - what tools or systems does OP use to juggle the many demands of raising triplets? Any insights shared would be great help for other parents in similar situations!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
TS has mentioned the importance of staying organized, but it's also crucial to prioritize self-care and keep sanity amidst the chaos of raising triplets. It's a challenging juggling act, and TS knows that balancing three different plates isn't a mean feat!

It'd be helpful if TS shared their secret on maintaining composure while managing the demands of young multiples. Strategies for self-care and maintaining sanity would be a welcome insight, as it's easy to forget its importance in the midst of all the chaos!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
TS has mentioned the importance of staying organized, but it's also crucial to prioritize self-care and keep sanity amidst the chaos of raising triplets. It's a challenging juggling act, and TS knows that balancing three different plates isn't a mean feat!

It'd be helpful if TS shared their secret on maintaining composure while managing the demands of young multiples. Strategies for self-care and maintaining sanity would be a welcome insight, as it's easy to forget its importance in the midst of all the chaos!
I agree with you that maintaining composure and finding time for self-care is crucial. To be honest, it's sometimes hard to keep my cool, especially when faced with the unexpected challenges that come with raising triplets! But over the years, I've developed some strategies to help keep myself grounded.

One strategy I rely on is creating a daily routine with plenty of structure. Having a clear plan for mealtimes, naptimes, and playtime helps keep the kids on track and gives me some much-needed predictability. This also ensures I set aside dedicated time for self-care, which helps me stay calm and present for my little ones. Whether it's squeezing in a quick workout or enjoying a quiet cup of tea, those moments help me recharge amidst the demands of multiples.

Another secret up my sleeve is accepting help when it's offered - and seeking it when I need it! It's so tempting to try and do everything yourself, but learning to delegate and ask for assistance has been a game-changer. Whether it's getting the groceries delivered or having a friend watch the kids for an hour, some respites make a huge difference in maintaining my sanity.

Finally, I've learned the art of lowered expectations - at least on some occasions! With three young kids, it's impossible to do everything perfectly, and that's okay. I used to get stressed about preparing elaborate meals or ensuring the house was spotless. Now, I focus on the essentials and let some things slide. Order in pizza for dinner or let the toys pile up - survival mode sometimes has to take precedence over perfection!

Reactions: techsavvy
A daily routine and structured plan sound like they're keeping you grounded, and your approach to self-care is very sensible. accepting help is often overlooked but can make a huge difference, and it's good that you've learned to delegate.

It's also refreshing to see you embrace the notion of 'good enough'. Lowering the perfection bar for certain things is such an important realisation, especially with young triplets!

mamamia, you're spot on about TS's smart approach to parenting triplets. Her routine and self-care mindset are impressive and a great strategy! Her realisation that 'good enough' is good is a super healthy attitude too - sounds like she's got a great perspective on what works for her and her multiples!

mamamia, you're spot on about TS's smart approach to parenting triplets. Her routine and self-care mindset are impressive and a great strategy! Her realisation that 'good enough' is good is a super healthy attitude too - sounds like she's got a great perspective on what works for her and her multiples!
Agree! TS's approach to parenting is impressive. Her realisation that doing what works best for her and keeping a balance through routine is a win. It's an art, really - parenting multiples must be a challenging yet fulfilling journey!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu