• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising multiples - the ups and downs

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
It's certainly a rollercoaster ride! From the overwhelming exhaustion at the beginning to the overwhelming pride as they grow and develop their own little personalities, it's a unique adventure.

Share the ups and downs you've experienced raising multiples here - whether it's your first set of twins or you're an old hand at it by now! I'll go first: as exhausted as I was in those early days with two crying babies, I wouldn't change it for the world now - watching them play and laugh together is worth every sleepy moment.

• Love
Reactions: musical
It's certainly a rollercoaster ride! From the overwhelming exhaustion at the beginning to the overwhelming pride as they grow and develop their own little personalities, it's a unique adventure.

Share the ups and downs you've experienced raising multiples here - whether it's your first set of twins or you're an old hand at it by now! I'll go first: as exhausted as I was in those early days with two crying babies, I wouldn't change it for the world now - watching them play and laugh together is worth every sleepy moment.
I know right! When they start interacting with each other, that's when the real fun begins! It's fascinating to witness their unique bond develop over time. When my twins played and laughed together for the first time, it was a heartwarming experience - an unforgettable and precious moment that made all the tough times more manageable.

There's definitely never a dull moment when you've got multiples! You're always kept on your toes, and the challenges seem worth it when you see the special connection they share. I love how you described it - a unique adventure it is!

Having two little ones so close in age has definitely been a wild ride! While I cherished the moments of watching them grow side by side, developing their bond and shared experiences, the initial lack of sleep was brutal. You're right; it's a unique challenge.

With two demanding babies, the early days felt like a blur of feeding, changing, and soothing. My kids were my little alarm clocks, ensuring I was up at all hours, and the exhaustion was bone-deep. But those tiny baby smiles and giggles made every sleepless night easier.

As they grew, their individual personalities emerged, and navigating their different needs and temperaments kept me on my toes. From the toddler stage to now that they're a little older, it's been a constant juggle. Keeping them occupied and engaged, especially during the holidays, is a full-time job! But I love seeing their special twin bond develop further each day. It's such a heartwarming sight.

I think the biggest challenge for me was dividing my attention equally and ensuring each child got enough 'mummy time.' I didn't want either to feel left out or receive less attention, which was tricky with two little ones needing so much. Managing their emotions, especially when they were younger, was also intense at times - the tantrums and melt downs, woah mama!

But the pride and joy of watching them master new skills together, share secrets and have each other's backs are special moments that make it all worthwhile. I'm grateful every chaotic day ends with two sets of sleepy eyes snuggled in their beds. It's a tired but fulfilled feeling, you know?

I'm interested to hear other parents' experiences too! Especially those with more multiples or who are further along this interesting path might have some great insights.

Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu