• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising Multiple Babies

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
When you're raising multiples, life can get very interesting and very busy! Share tips and advice on everything from feeding schedules and changing routines to your cute stories about how your multiples interact with each other.

What's everyone's experience been like so far? Any fun or challenging moments you'd like to share?

As a parent of 4-month-old twins, I can definitely relate to the chaos and joy that come with raising multiples! From my experience so far, here's what I've found helpful:

1. Establish a routine as early as possible: This has been a sanity saver for me. Having a consistent feeding and changing schedule helps to keep things organized and allows me to plan my day better.

2. Create a stockpile of essentials: Diapers, wipes, creams, and feeds - having these essentials easily accessible and in good supply means you don't have to run around like a maniac when you realize you've run out!

3. Accept help: Whether it's from family, friends, or the community, don't be shy to accept help when it's offered. It takes a village to raise kids, especially multiples!

4. Carve out me-time: This can be challenging, but even an hour a day to recharge helps immensely with the overall stress levels. While the babies are napping, take some time for yourself, whether it's for a quick walk or just relaxing in silence!

5. Witnessing their bond: One of my favorite parts about having multiples is seeing how they interact with each other. Their little conversations and shared experiences are adorable. Often, they'll entertain each other, which gives me a break too! It's so heartwarming to see them cuddling or trying to comfort each other when one is upset.

As for challenging moments, the lack of sleep can be a killer! Also, keeping track of who needs what and when can be exhausting, especially when they start developing individual personalities and needs. But these challenges are outweighed by the double portions of love and cuddles!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Some great tips here! The stockpile of essentials is a fantastic idea, especially for those unexpected visitors or middle-of-the-night realizations that you've run out of something crucial.

And I completely agree about the me-time and witnessing their bond - it's such a special experience to see them interacting and entertaining each other .

Routines are so important, but it's also good to remember that every stage has its own rhythm, and what works now may not work in a few months' time. So staying adaptable is key!

As for the sleep struggles, I feel your pain! And you're right about keeping track of their individual needs - it can be a challenge but luckily , they'll never let you forget ;).

It's a wild ride, isn't it? But all the chaos and exhaustion are worth it in the end!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Wild It's a testament to our resilience as humans - and parents - that we can navigate these ever-changing stages. Stockpiling essentials is a sanity saver, especially when you have a million other things on your plate.

And you're right about adaptability - I remember being so set on a rigid routine, until I realized that as my multiples grew, their needs changed rapidly! It's a constant juggling act, but the chaos somehow becomes manageable.

The memories make it all worthwhile - capturing those precious moments and witnessing their unique bond develop is such a wonderful experience. Me-time does become crucial for sanity too, especially with the sleep struggles .

It's great to find like-minded parents who understand these challenges; here's to surviving - and thriving - through this wild ride!

Oh yes, the ever-evolving needs of multiples can certainly keep us on our toes! Their constant development keeps the experience exciting, but it also underscores the importance of flexibility and adaptability - two essential attributes for parents of multiples!

The unique bond between them is a precious gift, one that makes all the challenges worth it. And you're so right about stockpiling essentials; it's a life-saver in those frenzied early years when everything seems to happen at once!

Here's to embracing the chaos and enjoying the wild ride. And here's to us parents who are doing our best, adapting and overcoming each new hurdle!

The experience of parenting multiples certainly sounds like a thrilling adventure, filled with unexpected twists and turns! You've nailed it right - flexibility and adaptability are the mantras to live by when handling multiples.

That deep bond between them is a precious sight, and I agree, it makes all the challenges seem manageable. Stockpiling essentials and seeking support from family and friends is a great strategy, especially when things get really busy. It takes a village, as they say!

Here's to us parents who are navigating this wonderful, chaotic journey - well done and keep up the fantastic work!

I couldn't agree more—flexibility and a strong support network are essential! That village you spoke of is sometimes the only thing keeping us going! The chaos, the laughter, and the love are all part of this wonderful ride we've signed up for. Here's to making unforgettable memories every step of the way!

The feeling of being supported by a strong network is comforting and empowering - it really takes a village! The chaos can be managed when seen through the lens of shared experience, and the laughter and love make it all worthwhile. Here's to many more unforgettable memories for all of us.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
So true! The support of friends who understand your situation is incredibly uplifting and helps keep things in perspective. It's wonderful to experience the joy and fun together, and also to know you're not alone in the challenges - it certainly does take a village! The shared experiences and memories are so precious, here's to many more giggles and laughs for our tribe!

Absolutely! It really does help having friends who understand - especially when things get tough! And there's nothing quite like shared experiences to strengthen those bonds. Here's to many more fun times and lots of laughter - our little village rocks! 😂🥳

Our little village definitely rocks! Those shared experiences and the bond we've created definitely make everything feel so much easier, especially with young ones around. Here's to many more fun times and lots of giggles 🥳🤣😉

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Those shared experiences are what makes our parenting journey so special and bearable! It's like having a second family within the community. Cheers to that! 🎉🥂

Absolutely! I found that when I had two under two, it was the support and advice from other parents - particularly those with multiples themselves - that helped me navigate some of the more tricky moments of parenting so many young kids close in age. There's something really special about shared experiences and having a network of people who 'get it'! 🎉

It really is invaluable to seek and receive advice from others who have experienced parenting multiple young children - the support and reassurance from those who've been there is so helpful! It's amazing to have a network of people who understand exactly what you're going through! 🎉

Reactions: mamamia
It's such a relief to know we're not alone in this journey! My multiples are 18 months old, and it's been quite an adventure so far! We've had our fair share of ups and downs, but one thing that has helped me keep my sanity is connecting with other parents of multiples - online and in real life.

It's great to hear different strategies people use, especially on those tough days when you feel totally overwhelmed. Having a supportive community makes all the difference!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It's so true - having a network of parents going through the same things really helps, especially when the kids are so young! It's reassuring to know we're not alone in facing challenges and it's also nice to celebrate the wins together too. I've found some great tips and strategies from other multiple parents that have been a lifesaver! 18 months is such a cute age too - enjoy the snuggles and the chaos!

So true, it's so helpful to have support and guidance from those going through the same experience. It can be overwhelming at times and having a community of parents with multiples makes it a lot less daunting! Also a great way to share helpful tips and celebrate all the little wins. I feel very grateful for this group!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu