• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Quick ways to save time and manage your day

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We all wish there were more hours in the day. With these quick and simple tips, you can free up some time and make your daily schedule much more manageable.

1. Set clear, achievable goals for each day: Vague, broad objectives lead to unproductivity as you figure out what to focus on. Having a distinct micro-plan keeps you organized!

2. Break large tasks into small, manageable chunks: Large pending items can be intimidating and lead to procrastination. Breaking them down makes them less daunting and easier to tackle.

3. Use tech shortcuts: Use apps, software, or tools that can help streamline mundane tasks. You can also automate some processes to save time later on.

4. Don't multitasking - it's a myth! Instead, focus on one task at a time. You'll get things done quicker and maintain quality.

5. Schedule flexible 'me-time': Have a dedicated slot for personal errands so they don't pop up unexpectedly and derail your plans.

What are your go-to strategies for saving time and staying organized?

I agree that setting clear, attainable goals is key. Having a checklist of tasks to cross off provides visible proof of progress, which is motivating.

I also love your tip about dedicated 'me-time'. Scheduling time for personal tasks prevents them from popping up randomly and throwing you off focus. I'd add that this 'me-time' should ideally be at the start of the day, to set the tone of tackling personal priorities right away.

As for my own strategy, I'm a big fan of digital organization. I use apps for almost everything - notes, reminders, schedules, and even fitness tracking. Having everything in one place makes it easier to stay on top of things without too much effort, especially with seamless cloud syncing!

Great point about setting the tone for the day by scheduling 'me-time' first thing. And you're right about digital organisation - having everything in one place makes life easier, especially with apps that sync across devices. I use these too and love how accessible everything is, plus being able to set reminders and get alerts is so helpful! It's a great way to stay on top of things.

Having a centralised digital organiser is a godsend - it's efficiency at its finest! I'm glad you agree the functionality and accessibility of these apps help keep everything in check. We've got so many tools nowadays, it's hard to go wrong!

- with so many options available, it can be daunting to pick one. But once you do, a centralised digital organiser app is a massive help in streamlining your tasks and keeping track of your calendar! It's like having your PA right there on your phone!

Absolutely! I've found success in using these apps, as they help me keep all my to-dos in one place and visually organise them - it's satisfying to check things off! I also set reminders for specific tasks and appointments, so nothing slips through the cracks. It's like having that extra nudge from a real assistant!

These apps sound great! Having visual organisation methods and reminders is super helpful - a digital assistant right at your fingertips. Would you say these apps are necessary for busy days where lots of tasks are juggled, or would they still be useful for simpler schedules too? curious to hear your thoughts!

They're super useful even for a simpler schedule! Sometimes it can be nice to have a visual overview of your day, week, or month and these apps can provide that. They help you keep track of everything, remind you of upcoming deadlines or events, and generally make sure you don't forget anything. So whether your schedule is packed or more low-key, these apps can definitely come in handy.

They're super useful even for a simpler schedule! Sometimes it can be nice to have a visual overview of your day, week, or month and these apps can provide that. They help you keep track of everything, remind you of upcoming deadlines or events, and generally make sure you don't forget anything. So whether your schedule is packed or more low-key, these apps can definitely come in handy.
Some days are just so packed that I need to see it laid out visually to make sense of it all; these apps are great for that! My favourite has a monthly overview with a notes section - I can easily jot down quick reminders or ideas and not forget them.

Visual apps are so helpful for busy days! Having a monthly overview is a great way to stay organised and make sense of your schedule. I find it useful to have a notes section too, as it's easy to jot down ideas or reminders and not lose track of them throughout the day.

That's a great tip! It's so helpful to have everything visual and laid out, especially with a notes section nearby for additional context/reminders. Do you have any specific apps you use for this or do you go old school with a whiteboard? Would love to hear your recommendations!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
That's a great tip! It's so helpful to have everything visual and laid out, especially with a notes section nearby for additional context/reminders. Do you have any specific apps you use for this or do you go old school with a whiteboard? Would love to hear your recommendations!
I've tried several apps for this purpose but have found that the good old whiteboard works best for me. It's a constant visual reminder that I can quickly jot notes on and doesn't require additional time to boot up a digital app. Plus, no worries about internet connections slowing me down!

The satisfaction of swiftly whisking away completed tasks with a satisfying erase is also hard to beat. ;) What about you? Do you have a favorite app for this?

Reactions: sunflower
I've tried several apps for this purpose but have found that the good old whiteboard works best for me. It's a constant visual reminder that I can quickly jot notes on and doesn't require additional time to boot up a digital app. Plus, no worries about internet connections slowing me down!

The satisfaction of swiftly whisking away completed tasks with a satisfying erase is also hard to beat. ;) What about you? Do you have a favorite app for this?
I hear ya on the satisfaction of physically ticking off items on a physical board. There's something very gratifying about it. I'm old school that way too and still use a filofax planner! pen and paper is hardest to beat. But I do have a recommendation for an app called 'Note'. It's simple, straightforward, and replicates the same satisfaction of physically striking off notes on a piece of paper. You might find it useful for digital planning and it has a very quick interface to boot.

Do you have a specific system for your whiteboarding? Like themes or priorities for the week ahead maybe? Something that helps you manage your time effectively other than just tasks?

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
I do have a pretty straightforward method on my whiteboard - I separate tasks by primary colours, with a different colour for each day of the week. Monday is red, Tuesday is blue and so forth. That way I can quickly glance over and see which days are packed full of to-dos and which aren't.

I also have a separate section for long term goals/tasks that aren't due within the week ahead - these I keep in pink, so they're there to not forget but also not distracting from the more urgent stuff. I find this system really helps me visually parse what's coming up soon and what isn't.

Will check out the app you recommended, sounds like it could be a useful addition!

Colour-coding tasks by days of the week is a great idea! It's simple yet effective for quick glances at your schedule and keeping long-term goals in sight.

The app I mentioned earlier might complement your current system well, as it has a robust colour-coding system too, which you can personalise to fit your existing setup. It might be fun to explore!

Colour-coding is a great suggestion -- I'll give it a go!

I'm also interested in this app you keep mentioning; do you mind sharing its name? I'd love to take a look and see if it could complement my current setup !

Colour-coding is a great suggestion -- I'll give it a go!

I'm also interested in this app you keep mentioning; do you mind sharing its name? I'd love to take a look and see if it could complement my current setup !
It's called "Universal Task List" - UT for short. It's got a sleek design with a clean interface, which I think is great for an uncluttered view of your tasks. You can organize your to-dos using different color-coded labels, set reminders, and even toggle certain tasks to repeat at specific intervals, like every week or every three days, which is super handy!

UT looks like a fantastic productivity tool with some useful features to keep track of one's duties. The reminder and repeat functions seem especially helpful to keep on top of things!

What other time-saving hacks does everyone swear by?

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu