• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Products to ease pregnancy

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What must-have products or recommendations do you have for expecting mothers to make pregnancy more comfortable and enjoyable?

I'm interested in hearing about anything that helped with comfort, sleep, nourishment, or made your bump more manageable!

For comfort, I'd highly recommend a pregnancy pillow. It's such a back and bump support and helps so much with getting comfortable at night (or when relaxing during the day!).

I also found a maternity belt a God-send as it took the weight of your bump off your lower back and stomach - helped me keep comfortable and active right up until the end.

In terms of nourishment, I liked having high protein snacks like nuts, yoghurt and fruit on hand for extra nutrition and energy - especially good when you're too tired to cook a meal! Also consider a prenatal vitamin with folic acid to support your little one's development.

Finally, a relaxing maternity bath product like oils or salts - a real treat and helps with relaxation and soothing those aching muscles!

Great suggestions! I'd second the pregnancy pillow and add that a body pillow is also a fantastic option - it's multitasking and can double up as a feeding pillow once baby arrives!

I found some wonderful essential oils that were safe for use during pregnancy which were such a treat - really helped with relaxation and easing sore muscles too. Also a big fan of snacks high in protein, especially handy when you're too tired to think about cooking!

Body pillows are versatile and great for the long run - good call! Essential oils are wonderful for relaxation and muscle soreness, and definitely a treat for mum-to-be. And yes, quick and handy snacks are a pregnant person's best friend some days!

Body pillows are versatile and great for the long run - good call! Essential oils are wonderful for relaxation and muscle soreness, and definitely a treat for mum-to-be. And yes, quick and handy snacks are a pregnant person's best friend some days!
I found that having a few comfortable, stretchy dresses or skirts was also quite a savior. Especially in the later stages of pregnancy, when bending down to pull up trousers can become a struggle!

Also, I relied heavily on my electric kettle for quick hot water - great for making soups, instant noodles or heating up premade meals. Having some simple, easy-to-prepare food that's nutritious was a lifesaver on tired and sore days.

What other little luxuries did expectant moms find helpful for staying comfortable?

Stretchy skirts were my go-to! Also, I found a pregnancy pillow to be super helpful - helped me get comfy when trying to sleep and offered some support when sitting on the couch.

I also relied heavily on instant meals - lots of cup noodles and tinned soups! Always handy to have some easy, tasty foods in the cupboard for when you're too tired/sore to cook. I'd stock up on frozen veggies and fruit too - quick to defrost and chuck into a saucepan or frying pan.

I found a small reusable shopping bag that lived in my handbag was also useful - meant I always had a bag with me for any unexpected shopping/baby prep purchases!

Good call on the stretchy skirts and pregnancy pillow; they sound like must-haves! I'll add those to my list along with the instant meals - such a good idea for when you're too exhausted to cook.

I've been making sure to keep some snacks on hand for energy boosts, but frozen veggies and fruits are an excellent suggestion for quick and easy meals too. And I love the small bag idea for throw-and-go situations! It's surprising how much stuff you need at hand all of a sudden, so better be prepared!

Snacks and quick, easy meals are such a good idea - definitely stock up on those frozen fruits and veggies! You never know when you'll need a quick energy boost, so keeping some snacks handy will be a lifesaver!

I also found that having a few comfortable outfits ready to go was a massive help. Having clothes that still fit and feel comfortable when your body is changing can really help how you feel about yourself, so it's worth investing in some pregnancy-friendly clothing too - think loose, flowing materials!

Anything that makes life easier during pregnancy is a win in my books!

Snacks and quick, easy meals are such a good idea - definitely stock up on those frozen fruits and veggies! You never know when you'll need a quick energy boost, so keeping some snacks handy will be a lifesaver!

I also found that having a few comfortable outfits ready to go was a massive help. Having clothes that still fit and feel comfortable when your body is changing can really help how you feel about yourself, so it's worth investing in some pregnancy-friendly clothing too - think loose, flowing materials!

Anything that makes life easier during pregnancy is a win in my books!
It pays to be prepared with food stocks and having cozy attire at the ready. Agreed that feeling comfortable and confident in one's appearance can lift your mood and make you feel better about the whole experience, so it's worth it to splurge a little on some new threads!

Stocking up on comfy clothes and food is a great idea! Treating yourself to some new clothes to accommodate your changing body and ensure you feel comfortable and confident is a good mood booster. It's a win-win to invest in those pieces that'll see you through the different stages of pregnancy and beyond.

Comfy, flexible clothing is the best! And knowing that it'll last beyond the pregnancy makes it an essential shopping item! So many options these days too. I went for the maternity leggings and dressed-down look-- comfort was key!! Also a good selection of snacks is always a win during any stage of pregnancy haha.

Maternity leggings are a great choice! I found that the right pair of leggings can be dressed up or down and they're so comfy - a must-have item for sure.

And you're so right about the snacks - hunger knows no bounds during pregnancy, it seems! Keeping a stash of healthy (and not so healthy but delicious) treats is always a good idea :)

Maternity leggings are a great choice! I found that the right pair of leggings can be dressed up or down and they're so comfy - a must-have item for sure.

And you're so right about the snacks - hunger knows no bounds during pregnancy, it seems! Keeping a stash of healthy (and not so healthy but delicious) treats is always a good idea :)
one can never go wrong with leggings! They're versatile and comfy, making them perfect for any stage of pregnancy. And yup, treats are a necessity too - pregnancy cravings are no joke!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm

It's exciting to prepare for the different stages of pregnancy, and making sure you are equipped with the right essentials can really make a difference. It's great that there are various options available these days for expecting moms!

Absolutely! There's so many products out there to help you stay comfy and support your bump throughout the different trimesters.

For instance, a pregnancy pillow could help ease some of the discomfort and help you get a good night's rest. Or even maternity leggings - they offer comfort and support for your growing bump and can be worn everyday or lounging around the house.

Also, breastfeeding preparation sets are ideal to have on hand too as it allows you to practice and educate yourself on the process prior to the baby's arrival.

Any recommendations mamas-to-be? I'd love to hear what you're favorite pregnancy essentials are!

Absolutely! There's so many products out there to help you stay comfy and support your bump throughout the different trimesters.

For instance, a pregnancy pillow could help ease some of the discomfort and help you get a good night's rest. Or even maternity leggings - they offer comfort and support for your growing bump and can be worn everyday or lounging around the house.

Also, breastfeeding preparation sets are ideal to have on hand too as it allows you to practice and educate yourself on the process prior to the baby's arrival.

Any recommendations mamas-to-be? I'd love to hear what you're favorite pregnancy essentials are!
I'm glad you asked! Pregnancy pillows definitely help with getting comfortable while sleeping, especially when you're so big that you feel like a beached whale. For me though, what really eased my pregnancy blues (apart from ice cream and fried food cravings) was an aromatherapy massage from hubby using a safe essential oil blend for expecting moms! It helped relax me and the baby.

I also found these organic stretch mark creams that had natural ingredients like cocoa butter and almond oil worked absolute wonders on keeping my skin moisturised and reducing the appearance of those pesky marks. I'm sure many mamas will have their tried-and-true favourites they've discovered along the way too!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I'm glad you asked! Pregnancy pillows definitely help with getting comfortable while sleeping, especially when you're so big that you feel like a beached whale. For me though, what really eased my pregnancy blues (apart from ice cream and fried food cravings) was an aromatherapy massage from hubby using a safe essential oil blend for expecting moms! It helped relax me and the baby.

I also found these organic stretch mark creams that had natural ingredients like cocoa butter and almond oil worked absolute wonders on keeping my skin moisturised and reducing the appearance of those pesky marks. I'm sure many mamas will have their tried-and-true favourites they've discovered along the way too!
Pregnancy pillows are a godsend, no doubt about it! They're such a comfort, especially for getting some rest when you're feeling so exhausted and uncomfortable. Your aromatherapy massages sound lovely - what a thoughtful husband you have!

I've also heard wonderful things about organic stretch mark oils and creams; seems like they're quite the essential for keeping skin supple and hydrated, which is so important for helping to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I've not heard of any other products that work such wonders but I'd be interested to know what other mamas-to-be swear by! (Aside from the usual snacks stockpile, that is!)

Pregnancy pillows and aromatherapy massages sound like amazing indulgences - definitely treating yourselves!

You're so right about stretch mark oils/creams - they're such a great way to help keep skin healthy and hydrated, which is so important during and after pregnancy. I've also heard great things about using a belly band; it provides extra support for your bump and can help ease some of the physical strains on your body too.

What other treats and comforts are out there that we can stock up on?

Pregnancy pillows and aromatherapy massages sound like amazing indulgences - definitely treating yourselves!

You're so right about stretch mark oils/creams - they're such a great way to help keep skin healthy and hydrated, which is so important during and after pregnancy. I've also heard great things about using a belly band; it provides extra support for your bump and can help ease some of the physical strains on your body too.

What other treats and comforts are out there that we can stock up on?
A belly band is a great recommendation! I haven't tried those but they sound like a wonderful option to give some extra love and support to our bumps.

Some mamas-to-be might enjoy a good pregnancy app or joining some online forums to prepare for the little one's arrival - it can be a great source of information, plus keeps you occupied during late night feeds/cravings! Also, having a good maternity support belt can provide back support and help with posture, which is much needed especially as the bump grows bigger.

I'm all about the snacks though, so I'd also recommend investing in some cute, portable snack containers. Less mess and hungry rumbly tummies during those midnight cravings!

A belly band is a great recommendation! I haven't tried those but they sound like a wonderful option to give some extra love and support to our bumps.

Some mamas-to-be might enjoy a good pregnancy app or joining some online forums to prepare for the little one's arrival - it can be a great source of information, plus keeps you occupied during late night feeds/cravings! Also, having a good maternity support belt can provide back support and help with posture, which is much needed especially as the bump grows bigger.

I'm all about the snacks though, so I'd also recommend investing in some cute, portable snack containers. Less mess and hungry rumbly tummies during those midnight cravings!
Belly bands are a new suggestion They seem like a nice way to keep your bump supported and comfortable. Support belts are also a great idea - anything to ease the physical strains on our bodies during this time is welcome!

I've found that cute, practical items like snack containers are a fun purchase. Prepared snacks in portion-sized containers make for easy access when you're hungry as a bear and on-the-go. Plus, they're environmentally friendly too if you opt for reusable ones!

Any other clever or comforting suggestions are welcome!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu