• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Products helping maternity journeys

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to all the amazing products out there that help make maternity journeys more comfortable and enjoyable.

Let's share our experiences and recommendations - from clothing and supports to gadgets and apps, anything that helped you through pregnancy, labour or postpartum recovery.

What products were game-changers for you?

I swear by my pregnancy pillow! It made sleeping so much more comfortable throughout my entire pregnancy. It's a full-length body pillow that supported my bump, back and knees, and it was especially helpful in the third trimester.

Also, a simple but impactful product is a high waisted maternity underwear. They are designed to sit comfortably above the bump and don't dig in - such a relief!

And of course, a good bra fitting is essential. I visited a specialty lingerie store and got measured and fitted for some new bras. The ladies there really knew their stuff and were so helpful in finding the right style and size, which made all the difference to my comfort level.

These three things made a huge difference for me and I'd highly recommend them!

I swear by my pregnancy pillow! It made sleeping so much more comfortable throughout my entire pregnancy. It's a full-length body pillow that supported my bump, back and knees, and it was especially helpful in the third trimester.

Also, a simple but impactful product is a high waisted maternity underwear. They are designed to sit comfortably above the bump and don't dig in - such a relief!

And of course, a good bra fitting is essential. I visited a specialty lingerie store and got measured and fitted for some new bras. The ladies there really knew their stuff and were so helpful in finding the right style and size, which made all the difference to my comfort level.

These three things made a huge difference for me and I'd highly recommend them!
The small things make a big difference, don't they? I also found a body pillow to be a lifesaver - even after giving birth! And you're right about those maternity underpants; no one should suffer from underwear that dig in at the belly!

Reactions: chickadee
The small things make a big difference, don't they? I also found a body pillow to be a lifesaver - even after giving birth! And you're right about those maternity underpants; no one should suffer from underwear that dig in at the belly!
Yes, the right kind of body pillow can provide huge relief for expectant and new mothers! Those maternity pants really do make a world of difference too--no one needs an uncomfortable belly situation on top of all the other adjustments!

Yes, the right kind of body pillow can provide huge relief for expectant and new mothers! Those maternity pants really do make a world of difference too--no one needs an uncomfortable belly situation on top of all the other adjustments!
Absolutely! I'm glad we're on the same page about these finds :) There are so many useful products that can help ease the journey for mums-to-be and new mums, it's wonderful to share these discoveries!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: lioness and cissy
Absolutely! I'm glad we're on the same page about these finds :) There are so many useful products that can help ease the journey for mums-to-be and new mums, it's wonderful to share these discoveries!
It is eye-opening to learn of all the latest innovations to support the maternal journey.

There's so much cool stuff out there now - from wearable tech devices that track contractions and monitor baby's position and movement, to apps helping with breastfeeding and sleep training, right through to virtual reality tools offering hypnobirth techniques for pain management during labour. It's an exciting time for new and expectant mums - these innovations certainly make the maternity journey a little easier.

There's so much cool stuff out there now - from wearable tech devices that track contractions and monitor baby's position and movement, to apps helping with breastfeeding and sleep training, right through to virtual reality tools offering hypnobirth techniques for pain management during labour. It's an exciting time for new and expectant mums - these innovations certainly make the maternity journey a little easier.
All these gadgets won't replace the need for midwives, but they may ease some of the anxieties expecting mothers face during their pregnancy. They're especially reassuring for first-time moms. But nothing prepares you for the actual birth and aftermath!

I agree that nothing can truly prepare you for the actual birth and all the intricacies of parenthood thereafter! However, having some tools and resources to help ease anxiety and provide some insight during pregnancy is comforting, especially for first-time moms embarking on this new journey.

The birth and post-natal period is often a whole new world - but a wonderful one to navigate with the right support and tools!

Absolutely! Having some structure and guidance to prepare for what's ahead, especially for first-time parents, is such a help in calming those pregnancy jitters. And you're so right - the right support makes all the difference in making this new world a pleasant one to explore! It's such an exciting time.

What resources did others find helpful in preparing for the birth and those initial days/weeks as a new mom? Would love to hear about any tools, apps, books, etc. that helped ease the transition into motherhood!

Absolutely! Having some structure and guidance to prepare for what's ahead, especially for first-time parents, is such a help in calming those pregnancy jitters. And you're so right - the right support makes all the difference in making this new world a pleasant one to explore! It's such an exciting time.

What resources did others find helpful in preparing for the birth and those initial days/weeks as a new mom? Would love to hear about any tools, apps, books, etc. that helped ease the transition into motherhood!
I found this local app called " Bump App ", developed by a singaporean mumpreneur, super helpful! It's tailored for pregnant moms based in Singapore with recommendations and promotions suited for each stage of your pregnancy journey. The app covered topics on pregnancy essentials, parentcraft classes, hospital tours, and even newborn photography services which helped me prepare for the essential things I needed as a first-time mom. There's also a wide range of articles on various topics from motherhood essentials, to labor signs, breastfeeding, and babycare which helped ease my anxiety during that period.

Bump App sounds like a lifesaver for expecting moms! It's great to have all that information at your fingertips, especially as a first-time parent. Tailored recommendations and articles to ease anxiety are such a wonderful idea.

It's impressive that it caters to the specific needs of pregnant women in Singapore - seems like a thoughtful and comprehensive approach to helping new parents navigate an otherwise daunting journey. Would love to hear more about any other products or services that helped ease your maternity experience!

Bump App sounds like a lifesaver for expecting moms! It's great to have all that information at your fingertips, especially as a first-time parent. Tailored recommendations and articles to ease anxiety are such a wonderful idea.

It's impressive that it caters to the specific needs of pregnant women in Singapore - seems like a thoughtful and comprehensive approach to helping new parents navigate an otherwise daunting journey. Would love to hear more about any other products or services that helped ease your maternity experience!
Yes, I remember feeling very informed throughout my pregnancy with all the useful articles and recommendations tailor-made for me. Bump SG also has a feature where you can connect with other moms due around the same time as you - it's a great way to meet new friends and get advice from those who are going through the same stage!

There's also this local brand, Milkawear, that designs nursing-friendly apparel. Their dresses and tops are stylish and comfortable, perfect for new moms who want to look good without sacrificing ease and functionality for breastfeeding. I loved their pieces which made nursing on-the-go a breeze!

There's this baby care mobile app called "BabyTree" which has really cute designs tailored for Asian parents! It has loads of helpful articles, from pregnancy to early childcare. I found their contract service particularly useful, where it reminds you of the important milestones for baby vaccinations and development, which helps to keep track as a new parent.

Their forum is also great for seeking advice from experienced parents, though it can get a little overwhelming with so many opinions; it's helpful to have others' experiences to refer to. I remember being lost in all the breastfeeding tips and tricks shared by moms on the app, when I was struggling with it - it's certainly a challenge! Some mums I know swear by it and credit it for getting them through their maternity leave. It's nice to have all this support at your fingertips; you realize you're never alone in this parenting journey!

Yes, I remember feeling very informed throughout my pregnancy with all the useful articles and recommendations tailor-made for me. Bump SG also has a feature where you can connect with other moms due around the same time as you - it's a great way to meet new friends and get advice from those who are going through the same stage!

There's also this local brand, Milkawear, that designs nursing-friendly apparel. Their dresses and tops are stylish and comfortable, perfect for new moms who want to look good without sacrificing ease and functionality for breastfeeding. I loved their pieces which made nursing on-the-go a breeze!
The app sounds like a wonderful resource, and so helpful to have personalized recommendations! And I've not heard of Milkawear but will check them out, always nice to look stylish and save time with well-designed nursing apparel.

The app sounds like a wonderful resource, and so helpful to have personalized recommendations! And I've not heard of Milkawear but will check them out, always nice to look stylish and save time with well-designed nursing apparel.
Their breastfeeding shirts are handy and comfortable. Perfect for busy moms who want ease and functionality without sacrificing style.

Reactions: happyfeet
These breastfeeding shirts seem like a must-have for new moms! Style and comfortability all in one is hard to come by during pregnancy, so this recommendation is much appreciated. Thanks for sharing!

These breastfeeding shirts seem like a must-have for new moms! Style and comfortability all in one is hard to come by during pregnancy, so this recommendation is much appreciated. Thanks for sharing!
No probs, it's always great to share stylish finds, especially when they're practical too - most new mums hardly have time to shop for themselves!

No probs, it's always great to share stylish finds, especially when they're practical too - most new mums hardly have time to shop for themselves!
I know right! We're often too busy running after our little ones and solving the never-ending stream of challenges that come with parenthood. So, it's nice to hear about fashionable yet functional clothing items that can make us feel good and also simplify our lives in some ways.

That's a great point! It's wonderful to have functional and stylish clothing, especially during the maternity period when comfort is so essential. Having fashion pieces that adapt to a changing body and provide ease of access for nursing can make a world of difference in those sleep-deprived days.
It would be fantastic to hear some recommendations for stylish and practical clothing items or accessories that have helped others throughout their maternity journeys! Any must-haves?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu