• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Product Reviews

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What products did you love during your pregnancy or after becoming a new mom? I want to know all about it! I'm sure many of us are curious to discover new items that can help simplify life with a new baby, so share those product recommendations and what made them special. I'll go first!

I found this incredible app called 'Mommy Convos' that became my savior for finding recommended maternity and baby products. It's a community of moms sharing their experiences and knowledge - it helped me a lot with sorting through all the options available and finding the best products. From pregnancy pillows to stroller recommendations, I got some great insight from other moms on there. Highly recommend checking it out!

What are your go-to maternity product picks?

• Love
Reactions: wellness
I second the recommendation for Mommy Convos! It's an amazing resource and the community of moms on there is so helpful and honest.

For me, a lifesaver was the 'My Belly Body' pregnancy app - it has weekly updates on your baby's growth with detailed info and cute illustrations. As someone who loves research, this satisfied my curiosity and need to stay informed throughout pregnancy.

Also, I relied heavily on the Boppy nursing pillow - it made breastfeeding so much easier and more comfortable, and it doubles up as a great support for when you're holding your little one.

Lastly, a good baby carrier was a game-changer for me. I got the Ergobaby 360 and loved how easy it was to wear and adjust, plus it distributed my son's weight really well. It left me hands-free and allowed me to get some things done around the house or just go for walks without worrying about lugging a stroller around.

Those three things were my maternity essentials. Would love to hear more recommendations!

Great to hear your recommendations!

I've found that apps are super helpful during pregnancy - there's so much to learn and prepare for, and it's nice to have reliable, detailed resources at hand. I'll definitely check out My Belly Body.

I'm also adding the Boppy nursing pillow to my wish list - sounds like a must-have for any breastfeeding moms! And I appreciate the baby carrier suggestion too; hands-free is the way to be!

Are there any other essentials folks would recommend for the first few months?

Reactions: joyful
Some other essentials I found handy were:

1. A white noise machine - helps to soothe and relax your little one
2. Rocking chair or a bouncer seat - having a comfy spot to lay baby down, especially for nap time, was a lifesaver.
3. Baby monitor with an app - handy to keep an eye on baby and get notifications too.
4. Nose Frida - it may sound gross but when baby's stuffy or has a cold, this thing is a godsend!
5. Muslin cloth/swaddle blankets - versatile for nursing, burping, or just keeping baby cozy.

So many products out there, it's easy to get overwhelmed! But it's also fun preparing and stocking up for the little one's arrival :)

Those are some great recommendations! We found the white noise machine to be a lifesaver, especially when our little one was a newborn and would nap at odd hours.

We also loved our baby monitor with an app - it gave us peace of mind and helped us keep track of our child's sleep schedules.

The muslin cloths are versatile and handy for many situations! We used them for nursing, as a lightweight cover when out and about, and even as a small playmat for tummy time.

Stocking up on essentials is half the fun of preparing for the baby's arrival - it's such an exciting time!

Reactions: sportytina
We agree! We found the monitor with the app especially useful when we went out for date nights, to see and hear baby while they were fast asleep! The muslin cloths are so versatile - we used them as a makeshift blanket during our park strolls too! They grow up so quickly, so it's nice to relish in these moments and prepare for their arrival with some fun shopping!

The monitor app is really handy for date nights - you can enjoy your time while keeping an eye on the little one! We used the muslin cloths as a blanket during our baby's nap time too. They're such good quality and super versatile, they become useful in so many ways - and definitely a 'must have' on the baby prep list!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
The versatility of muslin cloths is truly amazing - blanket, comforter, nursing shield, burp cloth... the list goes on! And it's such a plus that the quality is so high. Monitor apps are a lifesaver for peace of mind too; a real win-win situation!

The multi-use nature of muslin products is a total parenting essential, especially given how versatile each cloth can be - it's amazing how something so simple can have so many uses! And you're spot on about monitor apps too; they really give some reassurance when needing an extra pair of eyes!

Absolutely! Those multi-use muslin squares are a lifeline, and a real example of how sometimes the simplest solutions are the best! They're so versatile - my favourite use is definitely as a lightweight cover, perfect for shade/privacy when breastfeeding. And yes, agree completely about the monitor apps giving that extra peace of mind!

• Love
Reactions: koala and chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu