• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Product Reviews for Expecting Mothers

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As we navigate through pregnancy and motherhood, product recommendations can be a lifesaver!

What were some of your go-to products during pregnancy and those precious early months with a new baby?

Any must-haves for the hospital bag? Or items that made your life easier during labor and post-partum recovery? Let's share our experiences and help each other out!

I'll go first: one of my favorite items was this awesome rocked glider. It was super comfortable and a lifesaver for those late night feeds - I spent so many hours in it!

What are your top picks?

Hi everyone,

As we navigate through pregnancy and motherhood, product recommendations can be a lifesaver!

What were some of your go-to products during pregnancy and those precious early months with a new baby?

Any must-haves for the hospital bag? Or items that made your life easier during labor and post-partum recovery? Let's share our experiences and help each other out!

I'll go first: one of my favorite items was this awesome rocked glider. It was super comfortable and a lifesaver for those late night feeds - I spent so many hours in it!

What are your top picks?
That rocker sounds like a godsend for new moms, especially during those nocturnal feedings!

One of my essential items was a nursing shawl. It was versatile - I used it to cover up while breastfeeding, as a lightweight blanket for my baby, and it even doubled up as a scarf for me! Having something lightweight and compact was a real bonus because as a new mom, you're already lugging around so many things.

Another unexpected favorite was a reusable ice pack; it was a recommended item by my physical therapist after birth. It helped ease the pain of post-natal itching as your body contracts back to size - something that definitely isn't talked about enough! It's such a simple thing, but it made a world of difference in the first few weeks.

Also, I found these disposable undies that you can wear right after birth - they're super comfy and absorbent for those first few days when you're bleeding quite heavily. Some moms might prefer the reusable mesh panties that hospitals provide, but these worked best for me, and I didn't have to worry about post-birth laundry either!

These are definitely useful items to have in your hospital bag that can make your stay more comfortable!

That rocker sounds like a godsend for new moms, especially during those nocturnal feedings!

One of my essential items was a nursing shawl. It was versatile - I used it to cover up while breastfeeding, as a lightweight blanket for my baby, and it even doubled up as a scarf for me! Having something lightweight and compact was a real bonus because as a new mom, you're already lugging around so many things.

Another unexpected favorite was a reusable ice pack; it was a recommended item by my physical therapist after birth. It helped ease the pain of post-natal itching as your body contracts back to size - something that definitely isn't talked about enough! It's such a simple thing, but it made a world of difference in the first few weeks.

Also, I found these disposable undies that you can wear right after birth - they're super comfy and absorbent for those first few days when you're bleeding quite heavily. Some moms might prefer the reusable mesh panties that hospitals provide, but these worked best for me, and I didn't have to worry about post-birth laundry either!

These are definitely useful items to have in your hospital bag that can make your stay more comfortable!
Those nursing shawls sound like a brilliant idea! Multi-use products are always a win when becoming a new mom - you don't need any additional bulk or unnecessary items. I never would've thought of a reusable ice pack, that's an excellent tip!

So many things to prepare for and think about. Anything to make the post-birth experience more comfortable is greatly appreciated, especially as your body recovers from such an intense experience.

I also loved those little disposable undergarments; they're so practical and one less thing to worry about when you're focused on your new bundle of joy. Thanks for sharing!

Are there any other labor and post-partum must-haves that we should know about?

Those nursing shawls sound like a brilliant idea! Multi-use products are always a win when becoming a new mom - you don't need any additional bulk or unnecessary items. I never would've thought of a reusable ice pack, that's an excellent tip!

So many things to prepare for and think about. Anything to make the post-birth experience more comfortable is greatly appreciated, especially as your body recovers from such an intense experience.

I also loved those little disposable undergarments; they're so practical and one less thing to worry about when you're focused on your new bundle of joy. Thanks for sharing!

Some of the most helpful items for me during labour were my birthing essentials pack - which included essential oils, massage oil, and a small pillow for comfort. My doula recommended them to soothe and relax me during contractions. Also, those squeeze balls that provided some relief during contraction pains!

For post-partum, along with the nursing shawls, another really practical item was a collection of large, thin cotton scarfs. I used them as a breast-feeding cover, a shade for my baby's portable cot, and to wrap up and carry my baby comfortably. They were lightweight and took up minimal space in my bag!

I'm glad to share and help other moms-to-be prepare for their journey.

Some mums might find a maternity belt useful, it provides extra support for your bump during late pregnancy, especially towards the end when the weight really starts to show and put a strain on your back and hips. It really helped me ease the aches and pains from carrying a heavier load!

Also, many people may not think of this, but a small backpack or wristlet for your hospital stay is handy. It can fit all your personal essentials like phone, wallet, charger, lip balm, snacks, etc., making it easy to grab and go when you're being discharged. Of course, most hospitals will have everything you need, but I liked having some familiar items with me.

Having a comfortable and practical hospital bag can make a huge difference, and it's an aspect that is often overlooked! You never know, your stay might be longer than expected.

Great tips!

I also found a maternity belt helpful - it was recommended by my physiotherapist actually, as I had pelvic floor issues. It definitely took some pressure off my hips and lower back.

And yes! A hospital bag must-have for me was certainly a small, practical bag to keep my essentials in. I packed a cosmetic bag that I could easily transfer from my bigger hospital bag to the hospital bed side table. It made it so much easier to grab what I needed without rummaging through the main bag or asking my partner to fetch things from the 'main supply' bag!

A maternity belt and a practical hospital bag - those are really useful tips! The belt sounds like it's helpful for pelvic floor issues, which is something many expecting mothers experience.

And packing an easily accessible essentials bag within the main hospital bag is genius! It makes everything so much more manageable, especially if you're focused on more important things or aren't really sure what you'll need quickly.

Those two tips are a lifesaver!

The maternity belt can help with back aches and support your bump, which means it's helpful for some of the discomforts associated with pregnancy. I found it especially helpful towards the end of my pregnancy when the weight of the bump pulls on your lower back. It definitely helped with my pelvic floor issues too - it seems like a good investment for expecting mothers to stay comfortable!

Packing an essentials bag is such a time saver; you just need to remember one bag, and it has everything you may urgently need. I packed some snacks, drinks, phone chargers, toiletries and comfortable clothing in mine. It meant that my partner could easily grab things for me when I needed them, without having to rifle through the entire hospital bag!

Those two tips are a lifesaver!

The maternity belt can help with back aches and support your bump, which means it's helpful for some of the discomforts associated with pregnancy. I found it especially helpful towards the end of my pregnancy when the weight of the bump pulls on your lower back. It definitely helped with my pelvic floor issues too - it seems like a good investment for expecting mothers to stay comfortable!

Packing an essentials bag is such a time saver; you just need to remember one bag, and it has everything you may urgently need. I packed some snacks, drinks, phone chargers, toiletries and comfortable clothing in mine. It meant that my partner could easily grab things for me when I needed them, without having to rifle through the entire hospital bag!
You ladies are full of fantastic suggestions!

It's these real-life recommendations that can really help us prepare for the unknowns of pregnancy and motherhood. It's a great idea to have solutions and workarounds for some of the common discomforts we experience and having practical tips for managing them.

I'm jotting down all these ideas; they will surely come in handy!

Jot those notes down - they'll be so useful when you least expect it! It's always good to be prepared, and having a stash of tried-and-tested recommendations at hand is a wonderful idea. Enjoy gathering all the tips - this is such an exciting time for you!

Jot those notes down - they'll be so useful when you least expect it! It's always good to be prepared, and having a stash of tried-and-tested recommendations at hand is a wonderful idea. Enjoy gathering all the tips - this is such an exciting time for you!
it's a great feeling to be well-prepared with helpful tips from experienced moms. There are so many aspects to consider when expecting, and every bit of advice goes a long way.

Being prepared and getting tips beforehand really helps ease the overwhelm that comes with expecting. I remember being lost in all the options available for new moms, so having a community of experienced mamas to turn to is such a time (and sanity!) saver. I felt well equipped to make choices from stroller/car seat combos to nursery essentials - and of course, all the fun stuff like adorable onesies!

I second this! As a soon-to-be mom, the vast array of products available can be quite daunting. Having insights from other moms who've been there is incredibly valuable. Their advice helped me navigate what to buy (and not to buy). I remember seeing so many products and thinking they were essential, only to realize later that they weren't as necessary as they seemed.

It's also a huge help in terms of budgeting because you can pinpoint the must-haves and prioritize them without overspending on things that won't be as useful. Having a community of experienced moms is an amazing resource for practical tips!

You're absolutely right! It's so easy to get overwhelmed by all the parenting products out there, especially for first-time moms. Reviews and insights from experienced parents are invaluable in helping to navigate what's actually useful. It saves you money too, like you said - budget is a huge consideration and prioritizing must-haves is key. I found that many 'essential' items were just unnecessary!

Having a community of mums to turn to for advice is a wonderful resource and really helps take some of the mystery (and panic) out of preparing for a new baby!

You're absolutely right! It's so easy to get overwhelmed by all the parenting products out there, especially for first-time moms. Reviews and insights from experienced parents are invaluable in helping to navigate what's actually useful. It saves you money too, like you said - budget is a huge consideration and prioritizing must-haves is key. I found that many 'essential' items were just unnecessary!

Having a community of mums to turn to for advice is a wonderful resource and really helps take some of the mystery (and panic) out of preparing for a new baby!
Mum communities are such a godsend! It's great to have all these insights at our fingertips, aren't we lucky? In addition to online forums, I also found that seeking advice from the staff at baby stores was quite helpful. Some of them are trained to offer unbiased opinions on the pros and cons of different products, which helped me a lot during my pregnancy.

For instance, I learned that some stores have a baby wear consultant who can advise on various baby carriers, wraps, and slings. Since I wanted to use a carrier, their recommendations were based on my preferences and needs and helped me make an informed decision. It's these personal touches that make all the difference!

Mum communities are such a godsend! It's great to have all these insights at our fingertips, aren't we lucky? In addition to online forums, I also found that seeking advice from the staff at baby stores was quite helpful. Some of them are trained to offer unbiased opinions on the pros and cons of different products, which helped me a lot during my pregnancy.

For instance, I learned that some stores have a baby wear consultant who can advise on various baby carriers, wraps, and slings. Since I wanted to use a carrier, their recommendations were based on my preferences and needs and helped me make an informed decision. It's these personal touches that make all the difference!

You're right; it's helpful to have access to so many resources and communities for expectant mothers - the knowledge shared is invaluable. Seeking advice from baby store staff is a great point, too; their product insights are useful, especially when they offer unbiased opinions on various brands and features.

It's nice to have that extra level of support and guidance, especially from those trained in the specifics of baby gear. Their recommendations can help us navigate the vast market and make considered choices. Personalized tips certainly do make a world of difference!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Yes - it's wonderful to have access to knowledgeable staff who can offer unbiased advice, especially as the baby gear market is so vast and can be overwhelming for expecting parents. Their insights and recommendations, tailored to individual needs, are such a help in making informed choices. It's great to hear your positive experiences; it reinforces the value of seeking out expert advice!

Yes - it's wonderful to have access to knowledgeable staff who can offer unbiased advice, especially as the baby gear market is so vast and can be overwhelming for expecting parents. Their insights and recommendations, tailored to individual needs, are such a help in making informed choices. It's great to hear your positive experiences; it reinforces the value of seeking out expert advice!
I'm all about spreading the knowledge! Being a first-time mom is daunting enough - we need all the practical wisdom we can get!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
I agree that having access to a wealth of knowledge and resources is a big help, especially for first-time moms. It definitely takes some burden off our shoulders, knowing there are people we can turn to for guidance. It's a relief to have others who can shine light on the essentials and make this journey a little less daunting!

Absolutely! It's comforting to know that we don't have to figure out everything on our own and can learn from other parents' experiences. Reviews and recommendations are a savior when it comes to preparing for the arrival of our little ones. We can get some assurance and feel a bit more confident about our choices with so much valuable insight available.

• Haha
Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu