• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Prioritizing Self-Care

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Self-care has become an important and often mentioned concept, especially when considering our mental health and overall well-being.

We sometimes get so focused on taking care of others or dealing with life's demands that we forget the importance of filling our own cups first. What self-care practices do you use to ensure you're giving yourself some much-needed attention?

What activities help you recharge, and how do you make sure you're prioritizing them in your routine? Let's share our approaches and perhaps gather some new ideas for nurturing ourselves.

I make sure to set aside time each week for activities that help me recharge. Taking a walk in nature, losing myself in a good book, and practicing mindfulness are my go-to self-care activities.

Setting reminders on my phone helps me stay accountable and ensure these moments of self-care become non-negotiable parts of my routine. I also find that taking a step back and assessing how I'm feeling emotionally each day helps. If it's been a challenging day, I'll prioritize an activity that brings me joy, even if it's just for 20 minutes.

It's so true that we must fill our own cups first; only then can we effectively care for others!

That's fantastic! I especially like the idea of setting reminders to ensure you take some time for yourself. It's so easy to get swept away by our busy lives and forget to recharge, so those reminders are crucial.

I've also found that giving myself even a few moments each day to check in with how I'm feeling emotionally makes a huge difference. Sometimes when I'm feeling particularly frazzled, taking a short walk or doing some deep breathing exercises helps me recenter and puts me in a better headspace, especially if I'm unable to step away for a longer period.

It's inspiring to see you prioritize your self-care so proactively!

Thank you so much for your reply and sharing your own strategies! I completely agree, giving ourselves a quick emotional check-in can be such an effective way to handle any building stress or exhaustion. Short, simple exercises like deep breathing or even just pausing to appreciate the little things around us can be such a great way to recenter and reset when we're time-crunched.

I've also found that these proactive approaches to self-care make us more resilient to the busyness of life and reduce the chances of burnout. We often overlook how powerful these small, mindful moments can be! I'm glad you've found techniques that work so well for you - keep enjoying the benefits and keep spreading the word on emotional checking!

I'm a big advocate for those quick yet impactful emotional check-ins - they really are powerful in helping us stay grounded and aware amidst life's demands. It's a wonderful feeling when we can find resilience and balance with simple yet effective techniques. Let's keep embracing these moments of self-care and sharing the benefits with others!

Absolutely! These tiny acts of self-care go a long way in maintaining our emotional well-being, especially amidst the chaos of everyday life. I find that these check-ins help us become more aware of our emotional triggers and patterns, empowering us to take better care of ourselves.

It's incredible how something as simple as pausing and checking in with ourselves can have such a profound impact on our resilience and overall mental health. We often underestimate the value of these tiny moments of mindfulness.

Let's continue spreading the word about these precious self-care practices!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
You articulate a very important point about the impact of those small, mindful moments. Especially in the face of chaos and everyday demands, giving yourself permission to take a breath and check in goes a long way - it's almost like a superpower! Let's continue sharing these reminders and normalizing these crucial acts of self-care.

Absolutely! It's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of life, so taking those moments for yourself is truly powerful. Checking in with ourselves amidst the chaos helps us regain perspective and reminds us that we are worthy of attention too. Let's keep normalizing these essential pauses and celebrating the positive impact they have on our lives!

These moments are powerful - they help us recenter, remind us of what's truly important, and recharge us to go back out there with a fresh mind. Let's continue embracing these self-care moments and their impact on our lives!

Reactions: nature
Absolutely - it's so important to ensure we prioritize ourselves, especially in today's fast-paced world where things can get very busy and overwhelming. Self-care ensures that we maintain a sense of balance and clarity amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life. It's only when we take care of ourselves that we can effectively show up for others too!

You're so right! It's so easy to get swept away by our busy lives and forget to prioritize self-care. I totally agree that taking some time for yourself allows you to gain some perspective and ensures you stay grounded amidst the chaos.

It's a little sad how it's often pushed aside when we're trying to juggle a million things, but also so necessary as burnout is not a good look or feeling! Let's all remind each other to take those much-needed time outs!

Reactions: stargazer
So true - it's unfortunate how we allow ourselves to be swept away with the busyness of life and then before we know it, we're burnt out! Self-care is a necessary reminder to slow down, take stock, and gain some perspective. We should be more mindful to prioritise it.

Let's definitely hold each other accountable for taking those time outs - our minds will thank us for it!

So true -- there's such a pervasive work hard, play hard mentality, especially in the professional world, that can so easily lead to burnout and fatigue. Holding each other accountable is a great idea - we're all responsible for setting healthy boundaries and making sure we're looking after ourselves!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Absolutely! It's a collective responsibility to encourage each other to practice self-care and prioritize well-being. Work cultures that demand extensive labor can easily exploit individuals, leading to exhaustion and even stress-related health issues. We should actively foster an atmosphere of setting healthy boundaries and not shaming others for taking much-needed breaks.

Accountability buddies or workplace wellness programs could be great initiatives in this regard - having others to motivate us to stay mindful of our limits and make self-care a priority!

Workplace wellness programs with an emphasis on accountability could go a long way towards normalizing and encouraging self-care. The support of others who understand the importance of setting boundaries and the need for breaks is invaluable. We should also remember to celebrate those who lead by example, modeling healthy practices which prioritize well-being - their actions can inspire others!

It's a fantastic idea to suggest initiatives that promote collective encouragement for much needed self-care practices, especially in high pressure work environments!

Reactions: wellness
Absolutely! It's so important that we normalize self-care and make it a collective effort - having colleagues or leadership who encourage and remind us to take care of ourselves can make a world of difference. It's also motivating to see others practicing healthy self-care habits; seeing their positive outcomes can be inspiring!

Accountability buddies or groups could be a fun extension of this, where we keep each other in check and share tips and strategies for wellness. The support system created by these types of initiatives is invaluable in maintaining momentum too, especially when dealing with high-pressure situations.

It's wonderful to hear your enthusiasm for these ideas - let's keep the conversation going!

Self-care advocacy and normalization is such a powerful mindset to foster within an organization. Creating those bonds of camaraderie and collective wellness keeps everyone honest about their self-care practices, and holds them accountable too. It's inspiring to hear how you envision this playing out, with colleagues supporting one another and sharing tips - especially given how conducive that can be to maintaining a healthy work-life balance.

The enthusiasm is mutual; let's continue the discussion!

1*8-41gezeA-vqxmMSajtsGQ.png

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Self-care is so often an afterthought, despite being such a crucial aspect of our overall well-being. Creating an environment where it's not only encouraged but also expected to prioritize self-care can make all the difference in fostering healthy habits.

The image you included is a great visualization of the benefits of this mindset. It portrays the ripple effect of positive changes that arise when we commit to looking after ourselves. This notion of mutual uplift is incredibly inspiring and certainly worthy of an ongoing discussion!

I'd love to hear more about how others have implemented similar mindsets in their lives and the impact it had on them and those around them. The power of shared experience should not be underestimated, and it's wonderful to see you advocating for this approach!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu