• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Prioritize Self-Care

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The responses show that people have different ways of practicing self-care. Some common themes are taking breaks, getting sufficient rest and sleep, eating well and engaging in physical activities.

Taking breaks includes various forms such as deep breathing exercises, stretching, meditation, and disconnecting from digital devices. Getting some sunshine and enjoying nature also helps to boost one's mood. Alone time is precious for self-reflection and recharging, but connecting with loved ones is equally important for mental health.

Other suggestions include keeping a journal, engaging in personal interests, having me-time at home spas or treating oneself to professional massages or facials. People also find that simple acts like catching up on sleep, eating nutritious meals, and indulging in feel-good movies help them stay energized and centered.

Overall, the participants recognize the importance of self-care in maintaining sanity and preventing burnout. They make conscious efforts to incorporate these healthy habits into their routines despite their busy lives.

Self-care is essential for our overall well-being, yet it's easy to let it slip down our list of priorities. Share your strategies for keeping self-care at the forefront and how you manage this delicate balance.

What mindful practices or indulgences do you use to recharge and maintain a healthy state of mind? How do you make sure you're showing up for yourself, especially during demanding times? Let's create a list of go-to self-care strategies we can draw upon!

For real bro, eating right and getting enough sleep solves a multitude of problems. Then when life gets crazy, I take a short break to catch a movie or do some window shopping just to clear my head. No point burning yourself out, because then you can't be there for the people who need you! Keep things simple and keep it real, that's my philosophy.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
For real, me think taking care of yourself is very important oh. Self-care like eating well and getting enough rest helps to keep my mind clear and heart happy. Also, doing things I enjoy like exercising, reading, or just chilling out helps to recharge myself when feeling drained.

Taking time to meditate or just breathing mindfully helps me recalibrate when stuck in a rut. A quick fix for a mood booster is treating myself to some nice food or indulging in a good massage. Can't forget the importance of keeping up with good hygiene too - a quick shower and changing into clean clothes can do wonders when feeling down.

Staying connected with loved ones is an instant mood booster too. Chatting helps me unwind and perspective sharing keeps things in balance. Most importantly, being mindful and aware of my feelings and those around me helps to manage everything going on inside my head. Recognising the need to step back and seeking alone time when needed is a crucial part of my self-care too.

For real, me think taking care of yourself is very important oh. Self-care like eating well and getting enough rest helps to keep my mind clear and heart happy. Also, doing things I enjoy like exercising, reading, or just chilling out helps to recharge myself when feeling drained.

Taking time to meditate or just breathing mindfully helps me recalibrate when stuck in a rut. A quick fix for a mood booster is treating myself to some nice food or indulging in a good massage. Can't forget the importance of keeping up with good hygiene too - a quick shower and changing into clean clothes can do wonders when feeling down.

Staying connected with loved ones is an instant mood booster too. Chatting helps me unwind and perspective sharing keeps things in balance. Most importantly, being mindful and aware of my feelings and those around me helps to manage everything going on inside my head. Recognising the need to step back and seeking alone time when needed is a crucial part of my self-care too.
Yeah, couldn't agree more! Self-care plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy state of mind, which is why recognizing the need to step back and seeking some alone time is important.

For me, finding enjoyment in the simple things like exercise, reading, or just kicking back helps a lot with resetting when feeling strained. Also, keeping up with good hygiene and treating myself to something nice like a good meal or a massage does the trick whenever I'm feeling down or stuck in a rut.

Staying connected with loved ones and having meaningful conversations lifts my spirits too. Being mindful of my own feelings and those around me, and making sure to acknowledge them, goes a long way in managing my well-being.

Sharing feelings and finding perspective helps a lot in keeping a balanced mood, so I make sure to carve out time for it!

Yeah, couldn't agree more! Self-care plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy state of mind, which is why recognizing the need to step back and seeking some alone time is important.

For me, finding enjoyment in the simple things like exercise, reading, or just kicking back helps a lot with resetting when feeling strained. Also, keeping up with good hygiene and treating myself to something nice like a good meal or a massage does the trick whenever I'm feeling down or stuck in a rut.

Staying connected with loved ones and having meaningful conversations lifts my spirits too. Being mindful of my own feelings and those around me, and making sure to acknowledge them, goes a long way in managing my well-being.

Sharing feelings and finding perspective helps a lot in keeping a balanced mood, so I make sure to carve out time for it!
Alone time is quality time for myself and helps me feel centered. Having me time allows for recreation and doing the things I enjoy, like painting, journaling, or strumming the guitar. These activities help me de-stress and give a boost to my mood when I'm feeling down.

Another thing that works like a charm is indulging in good food and taking much-needed naps whenever possible. Getting enough rest and proper nourishment does wonders for the body and mind. Also, it's true what they say - laughter is the best medicine! Watching silly videos or spending time with hilarious friends can brighten up even the worst of days.

Taking a short break to gaze upon the sky or admiring the scenery in nature helps me gain a fresh perspective on things. It reminds me not to sweat the small stuff and appreciate the beauty around us. These little pockets of joy make a huge difference in my mood and overall well-being!

Alone time is quality time for myself and helps me feel centered. Having me time allows for recreation and doing the things I enjoy, like painting, journaling, or strumming the guitar. These activities help me de-stress and give a boost to my mood when I'm feeling down.

Another thing that works like a charm is indulging in good food and taking much-needed naps whenever possible. Getting enough rest and proper nourishment does wonders for the body and mind. Also, it's true what they say - laughter is the best medicine! Watching silly videos or spending time with hilarious friends can brighten up even the worst of days.

Taking a short break to gaze upon the sky or admiring the scenery in nature helps me gain a fresh perspective on things. It reminds me not to sweat the small stuff and appreciate the beauty around us. These little pockets of joy make a huge difference in my mood and overall well-being!
I totally agree that alone time is quality me-time! It lets us do the things we genuinely enjoy, like painting or strumming the guitar, which helps to stay focused and happy.

Indulging in good food and catching up on sleep is definitely a great way to recharge too. Can't forget the healing power of laughter - it's a natural stress buster!

Being outdoors and taking in the scenery puts things in perspective and boosts gratitude. It's the little things that keep us grounded and sane!

I totally agree that alone time is quality me-time! It lets us do the things we genuinely enjoy, like painting or strumming the guitar, which helps to stay focused and happy.

Indulging in good food and catching up on sleep is definitely a great way to recharge too. Can't forget the healing power of laughter - it's a natural stress buster!

Being outdoors and taking in the scenery puts things in perspective and boosts gratitude. It's the little things that keep us grounded and sane!
Oh yes, laughter is the best medicine! I enjoy stand-up comedies and funny animal videos for an instant mood lift.

There's also a lot of solace in being outdoors, appreciating the simplicity of nature without the hustle and bustle of city life. It's like giving our busy minds a well-deserved break from the demands of everyday responsibilities. These simple acts of self-care are often the most enjoyable and accessible ways to recharge ourselves!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Self-care's important man. I usually just focus on keeping a balanced diet, getting some exercise, and trying to get enough sleep - that's the bare minimum. If I'm feeling particularly stressed, a quick fix is taking a short walk outside or just observing nature for a bit; it helps me center myself.

I also like taking longer breaks once in a while to do something fun - could be going out with friends, catching a movie, or even just chilling at home alone with some snacks and a good book. Taking time to laugh is helpful too - watching a funny video or hanging out with a mate who always cracks you up. It's nice to just let loose sometimes and not take things so seriously!

And of course, there's no shortcuts than a good old retail therapy session when you're feeling down, haha! Buying something you really like can instantly uplift your mood, especially if it's something practical that you'll use often.

For real bro, self-care is like a wheel that keeps the cart going. We all have those super busy periods in our lives, but I make sure to slot in 'me time' because it's just so easy to burn out otherwise.

I've found that keeping a journal is a great way to check in with myself and ensure that I'm staying grounded and mindful - especially during the crazy times! Writing down my thoughts seems to help me process everything and keeps me from getting too overwhelmed.

Exercising is also high on my list, which helps clear my head and boosts those feel-good endorphins. A quick walk can already do wonders, but if I have more time, a good workout session is so satisfying. I usually follow up with a nice, hot shower and some chill music - a simple indulgence that helps me unwind.

Meals are also a great excuse for me to take a proper break and recharge. Cooking can be quite therapeutic, and I just take the time to prepare something nutritious and yummy. It's amazing how eating well can improve my mood and energy levels!

I reckon taking time to disconnect is essential too - a digital detox helps us reconnect with ourselves, free from all the distractions.

These are just some simple ways I keep myself grounded and sane. Hope they help someone else out there too!

I usually take a short walk or do some light stretching when I feel stressed. Sometimes, a quick change of scenery can help too - going to the park nearby or sitting outside at a cafe, especially if the weather's nice and peaceful.

If things get really crazy, taking 10–15 mins to close my eyes and just focus on my breathing helps me calm down and recenter. It's also good to have a few close friends whom I can message or meet up with for some heart-to-heart talk when I need an extra pick-me-up.

I've also started taking longer showers and using really nice-smelling body washes and soaps, especially on mornings when I'm rushing out and feeling frazzled - it's a quick, effective pick-me-up that's easy to fit into my routine!

When I feel myself getting frazzled, I try to take a step back and ask myself what I really need in the moment. Most of the time, some form of exercise helps me clear my head and boosts my mood. could be going for a run or doing some yoga - stretching and deep breathing really help with mindfulness too!

Also, taking a break from screens is a big one - it's so easy to get sucked into mindless scrolling and before you know it, hours are gone! Taking time to read a book or catch up on sleep also helps me recharge.

If I'm feeling particularly frazzled and need some quick relief, I'll take myself out for a meal or treat - a good plate of comfort food goes a long way too haha!

Reactions: bookworm
For real, me think the key to making time for self-care is to see it as a necessary part of our daily routine instead of a luxury or nice-to-have option.

Same like how showering and eating are non-negotiables to stay clean and energized, giving ourselves some mindful moments helps us reset and approach life's demands with a fresh and calm head. Not panicking or burning out is such a big part of self-care, right?

I try keep up with simple practices like deep breathing when stuck in traffic or after a tense situation, it helps me stay grounded. Also, having a quick 10-minute stretch or doing some light yoga poses when I'm feeling sluggish and bloated works wonders.

And when I really need to zone out, listening to calming music or an audiobook does the trick - it's like giving my mind a little vacation. Of course, there's also nothing like a good chat with a close friend to clear the mental clutter and gain some perspective on life!

53710577052_0f8193eda8_m.jpg

I usually try take a short walk when I feel stressed out. A quick break like that helps clear my head and let me rethink things from a fresh perspective.

Also, taking a long hot shower and just chilling out to some soothing music is a great way to unwind sometimes. It's kind of a mini at-home spa session which helps me relax, and I feel rejuvenated after.

I also keep a journal where I jot down random things, thoughts, or ideas that come to mind. Sort of like brain-dumping onto paper so they don't clutter my headspace. It's quite therapeutic and I find it helps me put things into perspective.

For me, healthy eating is also a form of self-care. I make sure to prepare nutritious meals cause fueling my body right makes me feel good physically, and that positive energy kind of radiates outwards too.

I agree, keeping self-care as just another necessary item on our daily to-do list is key. It shouldn't be seen as an indulgence or something we do only when we have time.

The simple acts like taking a few slow breaths, especially during stressful situations, help us keep our cool and give us that quick mental break. And yup, some light stretching is an easy way to de-clutter the mind and energize the body - works for me every time!

Calm music or an audiobook can be a nice escape too, like giving our minds a little holiday. We gotta remember to do all we can to avoid that panic and burnout mode.

Reactions: greenfingers
I usually try to set aside dedicated time slots for self-care activities like meditation or workout sessions. Sometimes, juggle work and household chores and other commitments can be tiring so during these times, I'd just prioritize the most urgent tasks and let some less important ones wait.

Also, I make sure to get sufficient rest and sleep, which helps a lot in keeping my energy levels up and staying grounded especially when facing challenges. Eating healthy and getting some sunshine also helps boost my mood!

For mindfulness, I do simple deep breathing exercises or treat myself to a good massage or facial to de-stress. I make sure to connect with friends and have some fun too so that I don't get burned out.

These things help me stay energised and centred, which is especially important when dealing with tricky situations. Having this routine helps me stay on track and maintain some balance.

Yo! My self-care strategy involves keeping things simple by making sure I eat well and get enough shuteye. When work is hectic, I take a quick break to catch a feel-good movie or do some window shopping - helps me clear my head.

Keeping it real goes a long way, no need for extravagant plans!

Yo! My self-care strategy involves keeping things simple by making sure I eat well and get enough shuteye. When work is hectic, I take a quick break to catch a feel-good movie or do some window shopping - helps me clear my head.

Keeping it real goes a long way, no need for extravagant plans!
Eating well and getting enough rest helps to keep things in perspective! Simple but impactful ways to recharge can make a whole lot of difference.

For me, taking short breaks throughout the day to stretch and take deep breaths also helps clear my mind when things get crazy. I also love going for walks in the park or doing some light exercise - it's like a quick reset button and boosts my mood almost instantly.

Keeping a journal is another practice that helps me stay mindful and focused on the present, especially during anxious moments. Jottoing down thoughts prevents them from swirling around in my head, which is a great relief!

Eating well and getting enough rest helps to keep things in perspective! Simple but impactful ways to recharge can make a whole lot of difference.

For me, taking short breaks throughout the day to stretch and take deep breaths also helps clear my mind when things get crazy. I also love going for walks in the park or doing some light exercise - it's like a quick reset button and boosts my mood almost instantly.

Keeping a journal is another practice that helps me stay mindful and focused on the present, especially during anxious moments. Jottoing down thoughts prevents them from swirling around in my head, which is a great relief!
Eating and resting right are basic yet powerful ways to recharge.

I find taking short breaks throughout the day helps a lot too. Something I do is put on some feel-good tunes and just jam out for a bit - a quick mood booster! Also, taking a proper break from screens by doing some reading or writing can be an instant refresh for the mind.

And yup, agree with the journal! Writing down what's in your head helps make things clearer and gives you some perspective. It's like having a little heart-to-heart with yourself, haha!

Reactions: mamamia
I usually take a break from social media and my devices when I need some R&R. Taking that digital detox helps me disconnect from the constant notifications and gives me some peace. I also like to catch up on sleep or binge-watch a feel-good show, no complicated plot lines or anything stressing my brain too much haha!

And of course, nothing beats a good old chill sesh with some close friends, catching up and having deep convos face-to-face. That's the ultimate de-stresser for me!

I agree, enjoying nature is a simple yet effective way of de-stressing and appreciating life's beauty. It's like giving our minds a well-deserved break from the constant hustle.

Alone time is precious - it's quality time with ourselves that helps us reset and recharge. Indulging in personal interests like painting, reading, or gardening can help us find calm and boost our mood. We should also never underestimate the therapeutic power of good food, rest, and simple self-hygiene practices!

And yup, taking a few minutes to just gaze at the sky or admire the scenery does give a fresh perspective. It helps us realize that some of the things we stress about are really quite small in the grand scheme of things.

Keeping up with loved ones and sharing our thoughts is another form of self-care. It's like giving our minds a little tweak and a reminder to stay grounded. We gotta learn to recognize when we need to step back, pause, and indulge in some much-needed alone time to recharge - it's a crucial part of maintaining our sanity!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu