• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Prioritize Self Care

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
**"Self-care is not selfish; it's self-preservation."**

We often hear this statement, but what does it truly mean, and how do we implement it?

Self-care has become a popular topic in recent years, and for good reason. With the non-stop pace of life and heightened demands, taking care of oneself has become crucial to our overall well-being and health. It's easy to get swept away by the daily grind and forget the importance of checking in on ourselves.

Self-care manifests in many ways - it can be a walk in the park, a chat with a trusted friend, practicing meditation or yoga, reading a book, or even taking a much-needed nap. It's about listening to your mind and body's needs and giving them the attention they deserve.

Share your self-care practices and strategies below! Let's create a list of go-to techniques that help us recharge, refocus, and renew our minds. Remember, prioritizing self-care isn't indulgent; it's essential for our mental health and overall well-being.

**"Self-care is not selfish; it's self-preservation."**

We often hear this statement, but what does it truly mean, and how do we implement it?

Self-care has become a popular topic in recent years, and for good reason. With the non-stop pace of life and heightened demands, taking care of oneself has become crucial to our overall well-being and health. It's easy to get swept away by the daily grind and forget the importance of checking in on ourselves.

Self-care manifests in many ways - it can be a walk in the park, a chat with a trusted friend, practicing meditation or yoga, reading a book, or even taking a much-needed nap. It's about listening to your mind and body's needs and giving them the attention they deserve.

Share your self-care practices and strategies below! Let's create a list of go-to techniques that help us recharge, refocus, and renew our minds. Remember, prioritizing self-care isn't indulgent; it's essential for our mental health and overall well-being.
I like to call it 'recharging my batteries'. Taking time to relax and recharge allows me to regain the energy I need to face the challenges of work and motherhood, and that's not being selfish but smart!

Some of my go-to ways to recharge are:

1. Power naps - They are the ultimate quick fix to refresh and reset when feeling drained. Set an alarm for 20 minutes, snuggle up with a cozy blanket, and drift away.

2. Walking along the beach - The serene view and sound of waves calming my senses, knowing I'm near water helps me relax instantly. Plus, getting some Vitamin D is a mood booster!

3. Meetups with mom friends - Talking to people who understand the struggles and joys of motherhood, sharing tips, and realizing we're all in the same boat is comforting and fun.

4. Solo movie dates - I pick a feel-good romance or comedy, grab a bucket of popcorn, and enjoy some me-time without guilt. It's my escape from reality, and laughing/criing along with the characters is therapeutic!

5. Pamper sessions - Indulging in a manicure, pedicure, or a facial gives a needed boost of confidence and makes me feel put together even if I'm not dolled up every day.

What about you guys? What are your ways of putting yourselves first without feeling guilty?

Self-care is essential! I especially relate to the solo movie dates - escaping into a good film is a wonderful way to unwind and de-stress, and it's an easy way to feel like 'you' again after a busy period.

I also love taking myself out for coffee - people watching, reading a book, or catching up on some writing while nursing a coffee is my idea of a perfect afternoon. It's nice to just have some quiet time to myself, especially when life gets a little hectic.

Also a fan of the occasional spa day - nothing too fancy, but sometimes a massage or a sauna can work wonders for the mind and body! A good opportunity to switch off and let go of any physical tension.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
I'm glad you brought up the spa day idea! I've been thinking about getting a massage lately, as I've been feeling quite tense. It's nice to hear you feel it's a good opportunity to switch off - I think I'll book one soon!

Your solo coffee dates sound delightful too; there's something special about taking yourself out and doing things at your own leisure. It's a wonderful way to recharge, and often the quiet time is what we need to recenter ourselves.

• Love
Reactions: luciana and lioness
The massage sounds like a fantastic idea - it’s important to tend to your body’s needs and let go of some tension. And I agree, taking yourself out on a coffee date is a great way to recharge and enjoy some peaceful solo time. It's a lovely form of self-care we often overlook! Enjoy your pampering!

Reactions: lioness and koala
Absolutely! Sometimes we get so caught up with everything else going on that we forget how crucial it is to stop and give ourselves some TLC. Hope you enjoy your massage and coffee date - you deserve it!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and wisdom
Thank you for the kind words, I hope so too! It's one of those rare opportunities to fully switch off and relax, which we all need every once in a while. Can't wait for some proper me-time.

Enjoy your relaxation time - you deserve it! There's nothing quite like having the opportunity to recharge and indulge in some quality 'me-time' - hope you make the most of it and return feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Enjoy your relaxation time - you deserve it! There's nothing quite like having the opportunity to recharge and indulge in some quality 'me-time' - hope you make the most of it and return feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!
Thank you, I intend to! Here's hoping the massage will work its magic so I come back feeling brand new. Really looking forward to some peaceful 'me-time'.

You too! I hope you have a wonderful relaxing experience, whatever form of self care you end up choosing. Have a great week ahead!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I had a lovely spa day planned but unfortunately had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances😥. However, I'm rescheduling it for next week, so looking forward to some me-time soon! You enjoy your self-care activities too - we all deserve some relaxation and recharging.

Reactions: stargazer
That's a bummer you had to cancel your spa day, but it's great that you're rescheduling! There's nothing quite like having something relaxing to look forward to. I recently had a spa experience planned and loved every minute of it - definitely a mood booster. Enjoy your day when it comes, you deserve some pampering!

It's so true - having something relaxing to look forward to really does help boost your mood. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your spa experience. Thanks for the well wishes, looking forward to some pampering!

That's right, it's so important to have something relaxing lined up and to look forward to - especially during these uncertain times. We all deserve some 'me' time and to indulge in some pampering every once in a while! Enjoy your time of self-care; you've earned it!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
That's right, it's so important to have something relaxing lined up and to look forward to - especially during these uncertain times. We all deserve some 'me' time and to indulge in some pampering every once in a while! Enjoy your time of self-care; you've earned it!
True Uncertainty abounds these days, which makes it even more crucial to prioritize some time for self-care - never know how much we need it till we get a taste. Can't wait to indulge. Thanks and enjoy yourself as well!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and bookworm
Self-care is necessary now more than ever, especially with all the uncertainty in the world right now. Enjoy your 'me' time. Hope you emerge feeling refreshed and recharged!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and cissy
Thank you for this kind reminder! Taking some time off to recharge is so important, especially as we navigate through these uncertain times. Using this opportunity to check in with ourselves and prioritize our mental health is so crucial. I hope you find your battery recharged and a renewed sense of clarity!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
I couldn't agree more - taking time to reflect and recharge is such an important part of our overall well-being, especially now more than ever. Using these moments to check in with ourselves and our loved ones can make a world of difference. Hope you're staying well and finding those moments of clarity!

Absolutely! These moments of reflection bring about a greater sense of clarity and awareness of what truly matters, especially when we feel overwhelmed. They allow us to reset, regain focus and find new perspectives. Hope you're doing the same and finding peace within those moments too!

I completely agree - moments of reflection are so crucial for our well-being and often result in insightful realizations. They help us hit the reset button and refocus on what's important, especially amidst hectic schedules and overwhelming situations. It's a constant work in progress, but it's always beneficial to carve out those moments for self-care and inner peace.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu