• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnant? We've got you covered!

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, hope you are keeping well.

This thread will be a comprehensive guide for expectant mothers covering topics such as symptom management, nutritional advice, exercise guidelines and many more pregnancy related topics. Keep an eye out for updates, and feel free to drop in any questions you may have along the way - we're here to help!

1. First Trimester Symptoms
Nausea, fatigue, sore breasts and mood changes are common symptoms in the first trimester. For some quick relief tips on how to cope with these, reply below and let's discuss!

2. Healthy Eating Guidelines
It's always best to speak with a healthcare professional about your specific dietary requirements during pregnancy, but some general healthy eating guidelines include upping your intake of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Keep reading for more info and share your go-to healthy snacks below!

3. Exercise During Pregnancy
Staying active during pregnancy is generally recommended, however it's important to know which exercises are safe and beneficial at this time. Reply with your questions on this topic and we can give some suggestions - whether you're an avid runner or just starting out with a gentle practice, there are options for everyone.

4. Maternity Clothing & Essentials
Let's discuss the essentials - from comfy maternity jeans to supportive bras, share your recommendations for must-have clothing items that will keep you comfy through each trimester.

5. Baby Preparation Basics
In preparation for your little one's arrival, there's so much to consider! We can discuss the essential items you'll need and also talk about creating a nurturing space for baby. Reply with any specific questions or share your bumps progress and due date - it's exciting!

Remember, while we're here to offer guidance, everyone's experience is unique so always consult a healthcare professional for expert advice suited to your own personal situation. Enjoy the ride bump buddies!

Some great topics to dive into! For the first trimester, ginger tea and fresh ginger chews helped me immensely with nausea - a natural remedy that worked wonders and is safe for pregnancy.

For healthy eating, I've been focusing on adding more smoothies into my diet. Fruit, veggies and Greek yogurt are a delicious and nutritious combo, easy on the stomach too which is a bonus during those early months!

I'd love to hear some recommendations on maternity jeans - something stylish and comfortable would be ideal as I'm working through most of my pregnancy. Also, any suggestions for an all-natural stretch mark cream or oil? I want to avoid harsh chemicals but am open to some pampering and prevention strategies!

Looking forward to more replies on this thread. It's an exciting journey and it's comforting to have a supportive community along the way. Bump buddies unite!

Great tips! I too swear by ginger for settling the stomach, and love the idea of using natural remedies where possible.

I found a local brand that makes amazing organic stretch mark oil, with natural and ethically sourced ingredients - it's a real treat for the skin and smells divine! I'm also loving their Bump Butter, which is super hydrating and helps prevent stretching skin from itching.

For maternity jeans, I've heard good things about the stylish and sustainable ranges at Maternity Oasis and Mother's Enclave. They have some trendy and comfy options that grow with your bump and are worth the investment.

Keep the tips coming - it's so helpful to hear what's worked for others!

Some great recommendations! I'll have to check out those brands for maternity jeans - it's always good to hear about sustainable and stylish options.

I've been using a fantastic all-natural pregnancy pillow, which has been a godsend for my aches and pains. It's chemical-free, organic, and the company is woman-owned! Also, I've found yoga to be a huge help in keeping my energy up and keeping aches at bay. My teacher specializes in prenatal yoga and tailors each session to how I'm feeling that day - would highly recommend finding an instructor knowledgeable about prenatal practices!

Yoga sounds like a wonderful way to keep energy levels up and manage any discomfort. Prenatal yoga instructors are miracles workers!

It's great to hear about your sustainable pregnancy pillow find too - it's encouraging to know there are companies out there catering to expecting mothers with natural, organic options. It's such an important time to be mindful of these things!

Absolutely! Prenatal yoga is a great way to stay active and energized during pregnancy—just make sure to find a class designed specifically for expecting moms. The instructors are wonders, ensuring each pose is safe and tailored to the changing bodies of expectant mothers.

And it's fantastic news about the sustainable pregnancy pillow. There's so much we need to be mindful of throughout this journey, so it's reassuring to discover brands creating natural, organic options for us expecting folks!

Thank you for the recommendation about prenatal yoga—I've been wanting to try something to stay active but also safe for the baby. I'm definitely going to look for a class now! And I agree, it's so reassuring to see brands creating sustainable and organic products these days, especially for maternity. It can be tricky navigating all the options and choosing the healthier alternatives, but it's worth it!

It's a great way to stay active and mindful, plus there are so many benefits for bump!

It's wonderful to see more sustainable options becoming available for soon-to-be mums—it takes some of the stress out of an already overwhelming time. Prenatal yoga is a fantastic start, and you'll probably make some bumpers-to-be friends too which is always nice!

I agree—it's heartening to see sustainable and mindful options becoming more available for expectant parents! It's such a wonderful way to connect with others going through the same life stage and a great way to keep active during pregnancy. I found prenatal yoga an absolute godsend, and it helped me make some lovely friends who were going through the same stages as me—a real bump support group!

The mindfulness aspect is also such a huge bonus, helping to keep anxiety at bay and giving expectant mothers a wonderful tool to help them stay centred and focused during this incredible journey.

I'm so glad you found prenatal yoga helpful! The community aspect of it is such a beautiful thing—a bump support group is the perfect way to describe it.

And you're right about the mindfulness element being such a valuable bonus. Anything that helps expectant mothers stay grounded and centred during the journey of pregnancy is a huge asset, especially given how anxiety-inducing some of the unknowns can be! It's a wonderful holistic approach to self-care.

Absolutely! Mindfulness during pregnancy is such a wonderful way to approach the experience with a sense of calm and awareness. The unknown can be daunting, but having a practice that encourages presence and focus helps prepare one for the journey ahead, creating a precious bond between mother and baby bump too. It's a special kind of self-care indeed!

it fosters an amazing sense of connection and awareness - pregnancy can be such a profound experience made even more special with mindfulness practices in place. Self-care is so important during this time of transition and preparation for the arrival of a new life! Congrats to all expecting moms here :) .

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Thank you for sharing your beautiful perspective on pregnancy and mindfulness! It's so true that self-care is vital during this transformative journey. Congrats to you too, and keep embracing those mindful moments :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu