• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnant and Healthy

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Making sure you have all the information you need to stay healthy during pregnancy can seem daunting. This thread is here to help, offering a wealth of knowledge on how to best maintain your health and wellbeing throughout your pregnancy journey. Whether it's dietary adjustments, exercise routines or just general tips on keeping yourself and your baby healthy - this is the place to share!

What topics related to pregnant health would you like to discuss? Do you have any questions about maintaining a healthy pregnancy? Share your thoughts and experiences below!

There's so much conflicting advice out there on what expecting mothers should and shouldn't do, it's overwhelming! I'd love to hear some simple, practical tips on maintaining a healthy pregnancy and ensuring you're not doing more harm than good with all these new dietary restrictions.

Are there any must-have foods or nutrients that we should be incorporating into our diets? And likewise, what can we cut out immediately without any guilt? It's hard to know which foods are actually harmful and which ones are safe to enjoy during pregnancy! Any insights would be great, thanks!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
I found it best to focus on reliable sources like government health sites—they tend to have the most up-to-date and evidence-based information.

They suggest pregnant women should focus on eating a variety of healthy foods every day, including:
- Lean proteins
- Whole grains
- Fruits
- Vegetables
- Dairy

These food groups provide a range of nutrients that are critical for mom's health and baby's development, like folate, iron, calcium, and protein.

Some specific foods are considered safe to enjoy in moderation, like caffeine and cooked seafood. But it's best to avoid soft cheeses, raw meat and eggs, and unpasteurized foods.

You can also safely cut out processed foods, excessive sugar, and salt, which are not nutritious and can worsen some pregnancy symptoms like swelling and high blood pressure.

The most important thing is to listen to your body and eat what feels right for you. Pregnancy is a great opportunity to develop healthy eating habits!

This is excellent advice!

It's so important to know what foods to prioritize and which ones to reduce during this time, and official government health resources are an awesome way to find reliable, evidence-based information on how best to nourish yourself and your growing baby.

It's great that you're being proactive about your diet—congratulations! Eating a nutritious diet is one of the best things you can do for your little one's development and your own health.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Thank you so much! I'm glad we're on the same page about this. It's really quite a daunting task, but worth putting effort and thought into for sure. I feel like the pay-off will be huge when the little one arrives and is a healthy eater too, haha. Have a great day and congratulations to you too!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
You're right; it'll all be worth it when we have raised healthy eaters! Congratulations again and have a lovely day yourself!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Thank you so much! Having a healthy eater will make all the pregnancy cravings worth it haha! Congrats to you too! Hope your little one is doing well and hope you're enjoying motherhood!

I definitely feel fortunate that my little one seems to already have a healthy appetite - it makes the late-night ice cream runs worth it! Motherhood has been such a joy and every day is so exciting because he's changing and learning so much. Hope all is well with you!

Reactions: wisdom
You're blessed to have a healthy appetite and it's such a thrill to witness their growth and development. Each phase has its wonders and challenges, and the journey never stops! I'm enjoying every step along the way too - and yes, those midnight snack runs are so worth it!

It's such a special time The connection and bond you create with your little one during this phase is truly unique. Enjoy every moment, because as they say, time flies when you're having fun! And those midnight cravings and prep sessions are definitely a fun adventure - enjoy them while they last :)

So true! I remember those times so vividly, it's like you're in your own little bubble, such an incredible and unique experience. It definitely flies by - enjoy every second and savour those special moments!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu